Old 11-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Default 6:44, pitch dark out, and still hungry.

I wouldn't normally make a post about this, but I'm feeling that intense, extreme hunger I felt at the beginning when I was first learnign to count calories, and I'm REALLY confused.

Normally the last time I eat is between 7-10pm, and it's usually really small. Sometimes even a glass of milk. Currently, I'm at 1460 calories a day to lose 1.5lb a per week. Today I weighed in at 168.4.

For breakfast I had some cut up cabbage, a leg of chicken, shredded, and half a carrot, shredded, "fried" in evoo. I know it's not the best meal around, but I wanted to try something different. I estimated that to be 401 calories (Via Livestrong.)

As a morning snack I had 2 super small, mini pancakes that were put in the fridge from yesterday morning, without syrup.

For lunch I had a ham and cheese sandwich.

Then a couple hours after that I had a hebrew national beef hotdog.

I don't normally eat like this, but we're low again on groceries and need to go shopping, so I we have to use up what we have.

Livestrong estimated that all to be 816 calories.

For dinner I had the same thing I had for breakfast, only with lean hamburger this time.

459 calories.

But I'm STILL hungry. I'm drinking 2 glasses of water and waiting an hour to see if I'm really hungry. I'm already 11 calories over my limit for today (really it's a guestimate), and I don't want to screw tomorrow up already. Should I just bite the bullet and wait until tomorrow morning to eat breakfast? Or should I have a glass of milk or something at least to curb the hunger?

Am I so hungry from not eating so well today? Or, am I still feeling poor from my first day of 30ds and trying to comfort eat? Ahh what's going on lol.

Last edited by yhahmd; 11-09-2010 at 06:59 PM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

If you are estimating, have some milk. Then figure out how to get more accurate counts in the future - do you need a scale? Use measuring spoons and cups?

Also, I find that the days I eat less protein, I'm much hungrier even when my calories are within range.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #3  
keep on keepin on

S/C/G: 239 highest 227//227/150

Height: 5'2"

I do more veggies and some hot tea or hot lemon water.
airbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
If you are estimating, have some milk. Then figure out how to get more accurate counts in the future - do you need a scale? Use measuring spoons and cups?

Also, I find that the days I eat less protein, I'm much hungrier even when my calories are within range.
That's something I really need to start doing. I only really weigh my pasta. I'll have to learn how to do that, too, maybe it will help me.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #5  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

I go to bed hungry most nights...am I the only one?

You said today ws your first day of 30ds. Is that 30 day shred? Did you work oit today which might be what's making you hungrier? Perhaps you overestimate some of your calories?

I would probably eat something low calorie/high protien like a cheese stick, egg, pickles with reduced fat deli meat or veggie burgers. You can have a 100 snack tht really fills you up. Drink some hot tea too.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
I go to bed hungry most nights...am I the only one?
Depends on what you mean by "hungry"--there's a big difference between "I could eat" and "Holy crap, I'm hungry", when you can't even think of anything but how hungry you are and where you won't possibly sleep as you lay in the dark and feel your stomach cramp. I'm always a little hungry, but if I have major, can't-sleep, can't think hunger, I eat another 100 calories. 100 calories isn't going to have a tremendous impact and not sleeping for a night will.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:46 AM   #7  
Keep going!!

S/C/G: 203/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I go to bed hungry a lot too, Wildflower. But I just try and keep myself occupied once I've finished my calories for the day, and try not to go into the kitchen again. Out of sight, out of mind, lol.
chickadee dee dee is offline   Reply With Quote