Old 09-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Default How much calories will you recomend me?

I have been around here fro almost 2 years ... I star whit WW ... still doing it trying to follow SBD .

I have been jumping from 132 from 126 for around 3 months ... happy for been maintaining , but I really want to keep losing some more pounds.

Something in my mind is telling me that I am not eating enoufh....I am allow to eat 24 points ... they say each point is around 50 calories , that would be 1200 calories + veggies .... So that sound low for me.

I am 29 , 5.1" breastfeeding (around 5 times on 24 hours) a 1 year old baby, mom of three ( busy busy)
As exercise this is what i do:

*I run 2 times a week 4.5 miles
*1 long run on Sunday 7 miles this Sunday
*3 times a week weight lifting (Chaleane Extreme) Weight from 8 to 25 pounds.(35 min)
*Abs 2 times a week for 10 min
*Starting to do 30 days shred JM for 25 m Monday to Friday.

So how much calorie will you recommend me to star on?

2 months ago I thinks about maintaining but I am not happy yet so I want to lose I little more.

Thanks.

Jessica.

Last edited by Tuca125; 09-03-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

You're really going to have to play around with different amounts to figure out what works for you. I'm much taller and heavier than you are, but even if I could handle 1200 calorie eating normally, I would never be able to stick to that while doing the exercise you're doing. I would trying upping it a little, but that's just me, someone who's never been as light as you are. You also have to realize that when you're that close to goal, it can take a really long time to lose the weight so it may not be a problem with your calorie intake; some people keep losing just as they were all the way through, but I've seen so many people take months and months to lose the last five pounds.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/208/??

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on still nursing your 1 year old! That's awesome!!!!! I breastfed all my babies and they were all over 2 years old before they weaned. Healthiest kids you'll ever meet.

With that said, I think your calories are way to low. I believe it's suggested nursing mothers consume an extra 600 calories per day to support milk production. Now, older babies nurse less but you still need to consume extra to support your body as it produces. Our bodies will rob themselves of calories and nutrients to feed our babies. You could very well be sending yourself into starvation mode by nursing, exercising so hard and eating so few calories at which point your body is going to resist dropping weight as much as possible.

Maybe up your calories for a few weeks and see what happens? If you gain, then at least your body will have had a rest and when you drop back down it may be enough to confuse it into letting some pounds go.

I will also say this, when I was nursing I had to FIGHT to loose any weight even though I was quite overweight. My body doesn't want to let a single pound go when I'm nursing a baby. After my kids weaned loosing weight got much easier. Please don't use that as a reason to wean your baby.... nursing is so much more important that loosing a few pounds. Just keep in mind that your body may be protecting its ability to feed your baby by refusing to give up extra weight!

Liz
Tafadhali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #4  

Thanks girls for your advice ... I am going to up my point by 2 and wait to see what happened.

Tafadhali: I do love breastfeeding , i will never give up to it for lose 5 pounds. I am planing in breastfeed until she is 2 , is she want.

Last edited by Tuca125; 09-04-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

hi, i'm not as knowledgeable as some of the other girls here, but when i'm stuck at a certain weight, zig-zagging calories helps me drop.

like:
m: 1100
t: 1300
w: 1200
th: 1800
f: 1100

and so on.

I've also heard a lot of girls taking a break from exercising for a couple of days and upping their calories. Like maybe a two day break and upping their calorie intake to 1800. It might be worth a try, I know all bodies are different and what works for some might not work for you. congrats on all your weight loss btw, and being so close to goal!
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #6  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

In my opinion you are seriously under eating given your exercise and breast feeding. I can't believe you're able to produce milk at this point. I mean i cant even imagine running 7 miles and only eating 1200 cals! Do you feel tiref on your runs? Sorry I know that sounds like a lecture...I think freedieting.com would be a great reference for you. I weigh more than you and am taller, I run 3-4 miles 3xs a week and a long run 1x a week (6 miles this week) and weight train 2x a week and I lose weight eating 1800-2000. If I eat less I stop losing or lose at a snails pace. That's me though, we're all experiments of one. Check out freedieting, give higher cals a good solid 2-4 weeks and go from there. You can always lower your cals if it doesn't work. I was afraid of more cals for a long time, but I can't tell you how much better I felt once I ate to fuel my body for running and really started eating less processed stuff.

Last edited by ncuneo; 09-04-2010 at 09:52 PM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #7  

ncuneo : thanks for you anwer I really appreciate it. I love reading your post.

Now that is my dilemma , I do ww , and whit my weight height , and breastfeeding that is how much they are telling me to eat 24 points a day ( they say 1 point = 50 calories ) I do eat most of the time my extra 35 points ( usually Sundays) so that will be around 2950 but this day is my long run to. Them the veggies are free point , even whit that they do not up my calories as much.

I log 2 day of 26 point on calories count to see how much it comes whit veggie and it was 1385 and 1355 still very low.

So I up my point by two more and I going to see what happened ... if nothing different happened I will star counting calories ( it is almost the same but I have all the point value in my head so is easy for me to do WW)

Again thanks for you answer.
Jessica