Old 08-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Talking Back to Calorie Counting for me!

Well I think it's been decided that I am going to give calorie counting another shot. Thanks to everyone who replied to my post about being sick of counting calories. It's good to know I'm not really alone in this annoyance.

I made an account at the Daily Plate and I am really liking it. I like that I can create 'meals' which is great for things like my daily salad, it always takes soooo long to enter all that stuff even though my salad is basically the same each day. I am not sure if Fitday or Spark People have these options but overall I think the Daily Plate is just way more user friendly and easy. I also love the amount of nutrients it tracks and gives you recommended amounts for. I know the other ones do this but usually its on another page you have to dig for. Thank you to the person who suggested Daily Plate!

My plan is to get in the habit of keeping track and see how I do at first, and then once I get used to doing it I am going to try "official" calorie cycling. Right now my hubby (who is doing Atkins) and I have a cheat/treat meal once per week and I like to reason that it is a type of calorie cycling. He eats so few calories on Atkins we don't want his metabolism slowing down so we rev it up!

I look forward to contributing and learning from this board!
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I've decided to calorie count as well. I think I may use Daily Plate now since you suggested it in your post, so thank you! Good luck to you and your hubby.
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote