3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Anyone use Frozen Meals... with success. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/207101-anyone-use-frozen-meals-success.html)

amynbebes 07-15-2010 10:52 AM

Not on any meal plan but I usually have one a day at work. There just way easier to mess with here. I was eating mainly lean cuisine for a while but try to eat more Amy's now.

charmtime 07-15-2010 05:36 PM

I eat out, I cook and I use frozen meals. I think frozen meals are a great supplement for when you are in a hurry. If I wake up late for work, I would rather grab a Weight Watchers burger which I know is 200 calories than try to wing it at work. I bought the calorie book by Biggest Loser and it has grocery items and restaurant items. I just started this last Saturday and I already know the calorie count in a lot of things.

I don't want to eat frozen meals exclusively because of the sodium content.

charmtime 07-15-2010 05:42 PM

I eat out, I cook and I use frozen meals. I think frozen meals are a great supplement for when you are in a hurry. If I wake up late for work, I would rather grab a Weight Watchers burger which I know is 200 calories than try to wing it at work. I bought the calorie book by Biggest Loser and it has grocery items and restaurant items. I just started this last Saturday and I already know the calorie count in a lot of things.

I don't want to eat frozen meals exclusively because of the sodium content.

Renwomin 07-16-2010 03:10 PM

When I was single and losing weight I used frozen meals with a salad a lot for dinner. There was a thread on frozen meal brands recently in the food section of the boards if you want to check it out.

Now that I am no longer single I cook more and use frozen meals less. I usually find that I can make better tasting, more filling meals for the same amount of calories. I will eat frozen meals in a pinch though. I really do like the fact that it is pre-portioned and already has the calorie info.

clion 07-16-2010 08:35 PM

I make large portions of food quite often, and freeze them so I have them in a pinch. I also sometimes eat Amy's frozen burritos/wraps. I'm vegan, so there aren't many options for frozen meals. The good thing is, most end up being pretty healthy! Maybe a little high in sodium though...

kelly315 07-16-2010 08:50 PM

I'm not a fan of frozen meals. They're good if you're in a pinch and don't have time to make anything, but are ultimately unsatisfying and, in the long run, can be more expensive than eating real food. I'd recommend approaching fresh food.

Kimberly7467 07-17-2010 12:50 AM

I don't have anything against frozen meals but I've never found them to be especially tasty or filling so now I just make my own meals using stuff I know I love to eat. I can see how they would work for some people though. Just make sure you pay attention to the nutrition label so you don't overload on sodium etc. :)

WormwoodDoll 07-17-2010 09:48 AM

Being a new stay-at-home mom I'm all about easy right now. I love healthy choice and find them filling (I don't know about others). But to make them more filling, just add more veggies to the meal. That's what I magazine I read suggested.

LauraLoooo 07-17-2010 12:54 PM

I've used a combo of Jenny Craig and Healthy Choice meals. It sort of kills me that I'm eating something processed, frozen, has preservatives, etc. HOWEVER, I am extremely clueless in the kitchen (trying to develop my skills by cooking fresh veggies following recipes, etc) and I know that I am not good with portion control. So eating frozen meals helps me do that. I've lost 50 pounds, so it works.

In terms of frozen meals being filling? In my opinion they are not meant to be eaten alone! You HAVE to had to your meals with veggies or you will starve.

I plan on weaning myself off the frozen meals when I hit goal/close to goal. Hopefully as my kitchen skills improve I'll be able to substitute the frozen meals with real food that I can prepare myself.

Good luck!

Sheena41 07-17-2010 04:36 PM

Lean Cuisine has a diet plan on its website that emulates Jenny Craig. LC makes all of the JC food anyway.

chary412 07-17-2010 04:39 PM

SCraver, thank you for the Contessa recommendation! I went and bought a couple of bags (they're on a huge sale right now), and I love them. Just right, like you said. :)

itsnikki 07-23-2010 11:47 PM

I will eat them on occasion. But I like cooking as much as I like eating, and am at home all day... so they're not really for me.

sweetpoison 07-24-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheena41 (Post 3391448)
Lean Cuisine has a diet plan on its website that emulates Jenny Craig. LC makes all of the JC food anyway.

How do you know that LC is making the JC food??? I never heard that before.

thepapillon 07-25-2010 07:16 AM

I don't soley eat frozen meals.... but they are a part of my food for the week. Generally I eat a Lean Cuisine, WW or Lean Pocket for one meal of the day. I know they aren't good for you, but they are fast and easy to take to work. So far I have lost 30+ pounds in just a couple of months, so yes, it's possible to lose weight using frozen meals. :)

CeCeSugar 07-30-2010 03:31 PM

ahh i just wrote a huge reply and it got lost..ok trying again.

I lost 40 lbs eating frozen meals. 3 meals a day plus 2 treats a day( fruit, yogurt, couple cookies, handful of chips). I know its so unhealthy but it works! I say if u think it will work go for it. loose some weight and then worry about eating healthy. i think its too big of a change to go from eating whatever you want to "healthy foods"