Old 05-07-2010, 01:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Default "I Will Lose Weight This Time Journal" Review with Pictures

My review of this journal:

The first page of this book is a pull out weight loss chart, which I find to be very handy.

The book starts out with many pages of helpful information for your weight loss journey, such as assessing your weight and health status, figuring out your BMI, identifying your eating patterns, developing a successful weight-loss program, writing for weight loss success, things you should know to lose weight, how to read a nutritional facts label, different types of fat, best sources for essential nutrients, dietary guidelines, exercise suggestions, & calories burned for typical physical activities.

Following these pages are several pages for your personal weight-loss goals, plans, and achievements.

The majority of the book is the log for nutritional & exercise purposes.

On the left side of the pages are blanks to put the date and the weight. Then there are sections for morning, afternoon, and evening meals. Sections for amount, calories, fat, protein, carbs, and fiber. Also nice is a comment section under each meal time. Along the side is a spot to mark daily serving intakes of fruit, vegetables, grains, meat & beans, milk & dairy, oils & sweets, and water.

Also to the side of each page is a helpful tip for effective weight loss.

On the right side of the page is a spot for snacks and also for exercise and fitness, both with comment boxes underneath. At the top of the page there is also a neat spot to mark your energy levels at low, medium, or high. I find this useful when I look back on a day to see what might have gone wrong that day. On the right side there is a spot to put your daily totals of calories, fat, protein, carbs, fiber, and other. As well as a spot for vitamins and supplements. At the bottom of the page are several lines for daily assessment and notes.

Also each day has a spot that you can put an "I Did It!" sticker if you achieved your daily goals.

The end of the book has 21 pages of nutritional information in common foods.

If you count or keep track of anything, I really suggest this great journal!

Title: I Will Lose Weight This Time Diet Journal
Author: Alex Lluch
Price: $14.95 (At Schulers)
You can find it cheaper on Amazon, and also see a bunch of reviews. It's rated 5/5 stars!
http://www.amazon.com/Will-Lose-Weig.../dp/1887169555
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for posting that. I'm going to look into getting one for myself.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #3  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

looks pretty neat, i need a change in my daily journal. Thanks for posting
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Wow - this looks terrific! It would be so helpful - a great tool for keeping track of everything!

btw - I used to live in Michigan and LOVE Schuler's bookstore!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

That book looks really helpful. I've been keeping track online for a while now, but I keep wanting to do it on paper again. I don't really know why, as I have to do so much less with an online journal, but maybe I'm making recording my calories too easy for myself I think I'm going to see if they have that book anywhere nearby or at least on amazon or something. Thanks for sharing!
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #6  

effie- I have a hard time keeping track online. This journal is easier for me because I typically keep it right in my kitchen, so when I pull something out to make it, the book is right there to write it down. When I was doing online, I'd always end up writing it down on sticky notes, and at the end of the day have a bunch of sticky notes I needed to enter into the computer. It seemed like I was doing twice the work that I needed to!

Definitely look on amazon, they have it for pretty cheap!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #7  
Transforming through God

It looks like a great resource, but I would probably put a different cover on the front (with some clever decoupage lol). I am certainly not embarrassed at my weight loss journey or anything (I keep a very public blog!) -- but I may not want every person from the server at a restaurant to a neighbor stopping by for a chat to see a big honkin' diet journal with the words: THIS TIME lol

Other than that, it looks like a very helpful tool Thanks for the review!
MyBestYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #8  

lol, it comes with a small pocket travel journal to write in when you're not home. But, I just keep it laying open in the corner of my kitchen counter. The way my kitchen is set up, it's out there for me to know I need to use it, but not for anyone else to pay attention to it. A decoupage cover would be cute!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #9  
Transforming through God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigoskyy View Post
lol, it comes with a small pocket travel journal to write in when you're not home. But, I just keep it laying open in the corner of my kitchen counter. The way my kitchen is set up, it's out there for me to know I need to use it, but not for anyone else to pay attention to it. A decoupage cover would be cute!
Oh LOL That's good to know!!
MyBestYear is offline   Reply With Quote