Old 01-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Give me strength!

Tonight we're going to a basketball game and the stadium has the yummiest huge chocolate chunk cookies. I always get one...but I'm really trying to do this right and get that last 50 lbs off. The best I can figure, the cookie is worth 500 cals and while I know it wouldn't blow my diet (today is a high cal day) I really want to be good and skip it, but it's only just after 2:00 here and I can't stop thinking about it. Give me the strength to just say NO! It's bad enough I'm having to eat out tonight and do it in 800 cals (totally possible, but I can't find info on the restaurant we're going to) so I'll be just guessing. On top of that it's been raining here this week and my workouts have been less than steller because I usually hike or jog outside. But it's only Wednesday and I've lost 1/2 a lb this week, so if I can just hang in there I'll probably have a 1-2 lb week which I really need right now to keep me motivated.

Thanks for listening!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #2  
Shelly

S/C/G: 124/Check Ticker/110

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I hope you kept your strength! I lost a little bit of mine and has a slice of chocolate pie this afternoon. I think I am still within my calories though, so I don't feel completely horrible.
beachbabe8406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #3  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

you can do it girl! it's all about will power... try keeping your mouth busy doing something so you don't think about eating the cookie like chew some gum or slowly sip on a diet coke .. if you do cave.. try splinting it with other people.. like at least in half or even 4ths! tell people "this tastes so good you gotta try this" thats what I do when I don't want people to know I'm dieting. I get what I'd normally do and then offer half of it to other people right away.
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #4  
Batgirl will always win.

S/C/G: 201/197/(190 ST; 145 LT)

Height: 5'5

i felt the same wayy! I passed up Fried Chicken today....sooooo close.
BatgirlAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:31 AM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

Obviously the basketball game is over but for next time you could get the cookie and share it with people around you.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote