Old 06-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #1  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Default Hello Fellow Calorie Counters...

I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I will be here allot!

I have done just about every diet there is and have the best success with just using Fitday to track my calories.

I love this as I can have pretty much anything I want or feel I HAVE to have and I just STOP eating for the day (it's only one day) when I reach my top limit (right now I am shooting for between 1100 and 1800).

To me it is the easiest program out there.
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! I've been a calorie counter on and off as my dieting has gone on and off over the years. I find its the least restrictive, since I'm super picky about what I eat. Be careful you don't stop eating too early in the day though, that has never worked out well for me - or anyone that has had to put up with my moods at the end of the day when my blood suger drops
Good luck! I hope you find you like it.
marbear24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:37 PM   #3  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear24 View Post
Welcome! I've been a calorie counter on and off as my dieting has gone on and off over the years. I find its the least restrictive, since I'm super picky about what I eat. Be careful you don't stop eating too early in the day though, that has never worked out well for me - or anyone that has had to put up with my moods at the end of the day when my blood suger drops
Good luck! I hope you find you like it.
Hi there and thanks for the post.
Ya.. I don't "quit eating for the day" very often, maybe only a couple of times a month but it's a good way to keep myself on track when I find I have overeaten for the day. (Or the day before). To me this is the most simple way of dealing with my food.

I do try to eat real food at least 80% of the time. I do eat too many packaged diet meals for dinners though.

I have been doing this (calorie counting) for years on and off and I always come back to it. I also really love low carb and have success with that as well.
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #4  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Hola!
I've been on diets FOREVER...and on 3 fat chicks since July 2001! Holy cow...
anyhoo, I lost alot of weight before I had my daughter on Atkins, then again after she was born I lost weight on Atkins, but as soon as I started incorporating those carbs...the weight came back on. Then I decided "who cares" for a few years and ate what I wanted. Oops. Now I'm calorie counting and exercising and i feel wonderful.....
Welcome welcome!!!!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I've had a lot of success with counting my calories. Recently I did the Fat Smash 9-day detox phase to get off my plateau, but right after that I went right back into calorie counting...this time using SparkPeople instead of a paper journal. I'm nearly at goal! Only five pounds to go.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #6  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

I count WW Points till I pass out - then count calories until I can't take it anymore. I'm on the calorie train right now! It's nearly the same thing - I just record one on FitDay and one on paper. I do like Calorie Counting because there are no Off Limits foods. I like to be able to have a scoop of ice cream or a slice of pizza if I would like.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/207/165

Hey Calorie counters I am counting colories and trying to watch fat grams to. just thought I would pass on a conversation I had with my Dr. today. He said if you take fiber supplements you should take them in the morning so the liquid you drink all day will have a chance to flush out all the toxins in your body. I hope this helps I found it interesting since I had been taking mine at night.

Thanks for all the post they are so helpful.
bettyboop56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #8  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Mmmm, pizza..........
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 174/131.5/132

I'm with you mortonpixie, I love calorie counting too. I have had great success counting calories as it keeps me "honest" with my portion sizes and it is so much easier for me because I tended to try to "maximize" my servings while counting points. Keeping a daily paper journal works for me and I too love that no food is off limits.
njsweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote