Old 05-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Me too! I try to cook more than I used to. I also found these amazing muffin mixes online that you can typically get about 16 muffins per box and they're about 100 cals a muffin. Southaven Farms if you're interested

http://www.southavenfarm.com/

I love love love the Weight watcher spaghetti recipe and throw in way more veggies than it calls for, mushrooms, carrots, etc. and it comes out so good
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #17  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post
Good for you!! That sounds yummy, too - have to remember that...pizza is so addictive. Haven't had it since I started. BF wants one but promises he'll do it right (thin ww crust w/ lots of veggies and sparse on the cheese).
Oh yeah, that sounds good! I have to try and stay away from bread because I've found it's a big trigger for me . I'll be emptying the cabinets of all carbs for no reason. Lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
that sounds good... I know why I'd pick the pizza-it's already made and there, instead of putting the effort to cut the vegetables up, prep, cook, clean up... laziness.
LOL I hear ya... it takes more effort to make the healthy stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
I agree! Life is too short to eat crappy food! Soooo much good stuff to eat!

Jay
For sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinny View Post
We have pizza all the time. Either Kashi frozen or an Amici's mini. Also brownies as I make no pudge fudge like once a month when I go chocolate crazy.

Really the roast veggies sound yuck to me but that's because if I ate that as my entire dinner Id have tummy issues for days. O_o
What is this no pudge fudge you speak of? I <3 fudge but haven't had it in months because it has soooo many calories. I guess I'm lucky and have guts o' steel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingCharge View Post
Good for you! Seriously, it takes a lot of willpower and energy to pass up that kind of temptation and make a healthy home-cooked meal. Your mind and body thank you!
I hope so! This has been a long journey so far and I have a long way to go... but I can't wait until I'm at a place where I'm 100% happy with myself. It'll make it all worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amynbebes View Post
I was just thinking along the same lines on my drive to work. I always feel so good about myself when I make good choices.
Good for you!!
After it's all said and done it feels so much better, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN BSN 2009 View Post
kashi pizzas are really tasty! especially the roasted garlic chicken.
I might have to try one of those.... when I'm not home and can't raid the cereal cabinet afterwards lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Goddess View Post
http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.ph...brownies&ls=re

I think the biggest problem is an all-or-nothing attitude; want a little something high-calorie? Indulge within reason. Miss something you used to eat all the time? Find a way to make it lighter. You'd be surprised at how many recipes adapt well to lower fat ingredients and techniques.
Very true! I'm getting better at this. This is a lifestyle. If I don't make it liveable I'll be back in the drivethrough ordering fries and shakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
LOL---too funny....ARBY'S...OMG, ARBY'S..I had to breakup with Arby! Jamocha shakes and curly fries called my name a couple of months ago so I decided to "write it in" and indulge. After looking up the calories I couldn't do it to myself. I am sure I will at some point. LOL..thanks for that.

This is a JOURNEY, not a GUILT TRIP. You are doing beautifully! I so agree with you though that there are soooo many delicious things all over our beautiful earth to indulge in.
LOL Jamocha shake..... Yeah I looked up the calorie count on one of those and was like UHHHH I'll go home and make my own. Yeouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinny View Post
THIS.

My personal 'thing' is making REAL FOOD, but making it healthy and lower fat/calorie. My husband and I used to live off pasta, pizza, pork chops,hamburgers, chinese, etc. Well, we still eat all that stuff we just eat the new much go faster healthy versions and are just as happy with it. In fact I have a big bowl of spaghetti in meat sauce I am working on now it's just the 480 version rather than the ???? version.
MMM I love sneaking veggies in everywhere now. My kids love it too. When we eat spaghetti at their grandma's house my oldest will say "Where is the zuchinnis?" LOL they're so used to it. Such a yummy way to add bulk without adding tons of extra calories. We cook with lean turkey burger and skim mozzarella now and I actually find that I like it better than the full fat stuff and the 80% lean ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebsme View Post
I like the website eat better America (cant link yet) for what they call "healthified" versions of foods. Lower fat and calorie versions.

I have made a few of the recipes and plan on trying a few more this week since my husband and taking off the whole week.
I'll have to look into that website, sounds awesome! I've been watching "Cook Yourself Thin" which is the same concept and have gotten some fab ideas. They made a tuna melt and replaced the bread with a mushroom. I was wary of the idea but my kids gobbled it up... didn't leave even a scrap on their plates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Your veggie dinner sounds delicious!! Way to go!!! And I agree--berries rock!
Aren't they yummy? I need to buy them more often. They're usually gone within 1.2 seconds of entering the house between my kids and I. They love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantstoloseweight View Post
I totally know the what you mean by that feeling you get after you eat something you shouldn't. This week I had a bad sinus cold (which is no excuse) and I didn't stick to my diet... I ate all my favorite comfort foods and instead of feeling good after I ate I managed to make myself totally depressed and guilty and tired and the crappiest I've felt about myself in a while. I forced myself to get back with the program this morning and was glad when I saw your post b/c i can relate and if others are going through the same thing and making the right choices it makes me feel like I can too.
That's the worst.... I do it all the time. Make justifications for going off plan and when i'm done I feel worse than I did when I started. What was the point? Yuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
I totally agree with this. I think that's helped me this go round with losing weight. I have quite a few standby recipes for things such as pizza, chinese, etc. I ate a buffalo burger last night and thought about how when I eat burgers now, I eat them without the bun, and it seems totally normal to me.

I had to laugh at the ????? version - in the past, I would eat stuff (especially out and about) and have no clue about the calorie/fat/sodium content. Since more and more restaurants have been publishing nutritional information, it's gotten quite scary!
Isn't that the truth! I've looked up the calorie counts on some of the things my hubs eats (He doesn't have a weight problem so he indulges more than I do) and I'm like . It's enough to make him not want it again. There is nothing in this world that is worth eating my whole day's worth of calories in one sitting!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #18  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melwolfe View Post
Me too! I try to cook more than I used to. I also found these amazing muffin mixes online that you can typically get about 16 muffins per box and they're about 100 cals a muffin. Southaven Farms if you're interested

http://www.southavenfarm.com/

I love love love the Weight watcher spaghetti recipe and throw in way more veggies than it calls for, mushrooms, carrots, etc. and it comes out so good
YUM, that's how we make our spaghetti too. I toss in whatever veggies I have in the fridge. So yum. I'll check out that website! Sounds really yummy, thanks!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yummmm I don't know why I even bother falling off the wagon.

Excellent turn of phrase

I couldn't do this if it weren't for the great food I eat instead of the stuff that's bit by bit starting to seem gross to me.

Last edited by JulieJ08; 05-24-2009 at 01:07 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #20  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

The further I go in my journey, the more and more I agree with this statement Julie.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #21  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Http://www.nopudge.com

It's a brownie mix you make with nonfat yogurt. It does have a good bit of sugar but no fat and there are single serving instructions if you don't think you can resist a whole pan. My friends can't tell they have no fat, they are that good. I only make them as a rare treat but if I have to have CHOCOLATE NOW it does the trick. They are so rich one with a small glass of skim milk makes me feel completely satisfied. Not an everyday thing to be sure but good for monthly emergencies.

Last edited by prinny; 05-24-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: I really don't 'male' anything, not equipped
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:47 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Ohh! I have to try the brownies! The chocolate flavor of the mixes I buy is the only one I don't like, it's like it loses the chocolate flavor once they cool down. All the others I really enjoy but not chocolate so I have to try these!

Thanks Prinny!
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 180/174/120

Height: 5'0

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebsme View Post
I like the website eat better America (cant link yet) for what they call "healthified" versions of foods. Lower fat and calorie versions.

I have made a few of the recipes and plan on trying a few more this week since my husband and taking off the whole week.
I just looked up that website eatbetteramerica.com. Thats neat. Thanks for sharing!
Nigelswife is offline   Reply With Quote