Old 03-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/115-maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Default Anyone use "Lose It!" Calorie Counter for iPhone?

I downloaded "Lose It!" for my iPhone (only about 99 cents!) and have loved being able to look up calories when I'm out or in the grocery store (for produce and deli stuff). I also love that you can record your weight and it makes a graph for you!

I was just wondering if anyone else had used it and whether or not they thought it was accurate or not. Sometimes there's a pretty big difference between what I find online and on my phone.

-Ava
avamarie1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/199/180

Height: 5'8"

I use mine all the time. I also like the custom feature and recipe feature where you can put in all the ingredients to find out calories per serving. I've double checked a couple of items against the nutritional content on packages of food and they have been spot on. This program, more than anything else, has totally changed how I eat. Now there is no guessing. Even when I'm out and trying to figure out what I want to eat, there is no more guessing as to how many calories I am eating.
KDuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I downloaded this application to my ipod touch and love it. It makes it really easy to look up calorie counts when on the go (if I have my touch on me, of course).
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #4  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

I've never heard of it, but will definitely check into it now! Thanks.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #5  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

I downloaded it to my itouch about 3 weeks ago and I love it. I feel that it helps me to be accountable for what I put in my mouth. Sometimes I check how many calories certain snacks may be before I actually eat them based on the calories and nutrients.

I was also able to see what my maintainance calorie intake would be at my goal weight and was pleasantly surprised and think I can actually do it!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/187/120

Height: 5'4...187pounds

i do!! i love it!!!
overweightchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #7  

Loooooove it! I've beeen using it only for a few days, but it's a great app.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #8  
Happy Camper

S/C/G: 274/264/220 then re-eval

Height: 6'2"

I have it and love it as well! I love being able to add my own weird recipes and having them there, calories and all, ready to go. So easy!
I have the iTouch so unless there is wifi when i'm out i can't use it, but i do use it religiously anyway.
So glad others are using this too! What a bargain.
barefootnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #9  

You don't need WiFi to use it... I have an iPod Touch as well. That's the great thing about it I think; that you don't have to have internet access to use it...
Old 04-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #10  

I've had this the past week and I love it. It's so easy to enter things and keep track of calories. The recipes section is great, since I cook a lot of ethnic foods. Plus, I like how it tells you how many calories you are over/under for the week.
minniemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:24 AM   #11  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Greatest app out there!!! I have been using it for a few weeks. Sometimes it's frustrating because it doesn't have some of the foods I eat. I don't like having to create a new food but have done it. I don't think it is totally accurate...example: Had a hard pretzel snyders, and on the box it said it was 100 calories, but Lose it said didn't have snyders listed but said a hard pretzel is only 23 calories.

I use it as a guide mostly. I have had days where I go over and days that I am under. Also, with adding excerises, I am not sure how accurate that is either. If I keep track of what the treadmill says it isn't always the same as what Lose it says.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:22 AM   #12  
Fit To Be Bride

S/C/G: 230.0/214.9/115

Height: 5'2"

I use it and lost nearly 15 pounds with it. I'm often on the go, so having a way to bring my tracking resource with me has been a huge help. It's also a beautifully designed, easy-on-the-eyes program. I can't believe it's actually FREE! I had paid programs (some as high as $6) that were completely useless and had none of the visual appeal. I didn't even want to use them, but I use Lose It! all the time.
EarthWhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #13  
Happy Camper

S/C/G: 274/264/220 then re-eval

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie-Cam View Post
You don't need WiFi to use it... I have an iPod Touch as well. That's the great thing about it I think; that you don't have to have internet access to use it...
Thanks Cammie-Cam! I figured that data base was online but you are soooo right! Now, when i am undecided on what to order i can do a search and get a better idea love it!
barefootnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #14  

NP!

I did notice a flaw in it, something they might think about updating for next time. There is no way to track your weight loss progress. Like some kind of chart or list that tracks your weight from week to week. If anyone sees that kind of info in there and I'm missing it please let me know.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/199/180

Height: 5'8"

The "Goals" tab allows you to track your losses through time. It's a bit limited because you can't see the actual weights in #'s once you put it in--you only see the graph of the trend.

I track all my stats on an excel sheet though.
KDuffer is offline   Reply With Quote