Old 03-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #1  
Wallflower

S/C/G: 140/138/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Losing control

I'm having a great deal of difficulty watching my calorie intake. I've been changing my life since the beginning of the year. I've written down absolutely everything I've eaten, kept track of every calorie (with the exception of a few days here and there). I currently work out six days a week. I do a 20 minute Jillian Michaels circuit workout and then 30 minutes of cardio (usually if the weather's decent it's a walking/jogging combination). However, it seems like no matter how much I eat I'm absolutely starving. I'm trying to eat 1400 calories a day (which still feels like a lot to me when I say it out loud) but I can't seem to keep it that low. I always wind up going up to 1700 or 1800. I feel like I'm losing control, and it's really scaring me. Any suggestions as to how I could remedy this problem would be greatly appreciated.
KillTheMoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #2  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm in the same situation -- I calorie count, and document everything that I eat. I try to keep my calorie intake at about 1500 (I'm pretty active) but I usually eat up to 1800-1900. I don't do enough activity considered exercise and I don't see myself losing like I should be. I'm always hungry, but I think I work a lot of it off just by doing my job.

I sometimes wonder if my body just can't lose any more than what it has, or if I'll always be stuck at this weight. I think I just need to keep myself positive but it's hard when I don't see results.

Keep your chin up with me -- we can do it! We just have to stay focused on our goals and again, keep positive.
LuckyJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

I weigh about the same as you guys do and have no physical ailments. I assume neither of you do either.

I can stay at under 1200 without any problem. I run and lift regularly (training for a marathon) and don't feel "hungry".

You may have something else going on. Exercise seems to dull my appetite. If you're struggling this much, I'd really get the body checked out and make sure you don't have a thyroid problem or something like that.

You may be peri-menopausal (I am 50 years old and menopausal) and that may have something to do with it. But really.... get yourselves checked out.
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #4  
Wallflower

S/C/G: 140/138/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyJules View Post
I'm in the same situation -- I calorie count, and document everything that I eat. I try to keep my calorie intake at about 1500 (I'm pretty active) but I usually eat up to 1800-1900. I don't do enough activity considered exercise and I don't see myself losing like I should be. I'm always hungry, but I think I work a lot of it off just by doing my job.

I sometimes wonder if my body just can't lose any more than what it has, or if I'll always be stuck at this weight. I think I just need to keep myself positive but it's hard when I don't see results.

Keep your chin up with me -- we can do it! We just have to stay focused on our goals and again, keep positive.
That's exactly how I feel. I feel like I'm going to be stuck at this weight forever. I'm trying my best to be positive, though.
KillTheMoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:13 AM   #5  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

have you tried eating more often ? like small meals every 2-3 hours that have heartier proteins in them like string cheese, peanut butter and apples, bananas, lean lunch meats like chicken or turkey roll ups with some laughing cow cheese or an English muffin or piece of toast with cheese or peanut butter..... that way when you think to yourself man I'm starved you can say oh it's ok I'm going to have my snack in a little bit..

I know I need hearty things in order not to feel hungry... I'm not one of those chicks who can eat one rice cake and feel satisfied for a snack..I need some bulk..lol

so I guess I would just suggest eating more often with heartier things.. you can still stay in range that way...
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 169/141/123

Height: 5'6"

Default rrr

I have noticed that when you combine counting calories and intuatively eat, you get the best results (for me at least). I set a limit at 1350 calories and then write down everything I eat but eat only when my body tells me to and stop when I am full. I usually end up eating less. when I eat just because i have calories left I over indulge and end up binging. this dieting thing is a drag but worth it.
jooanie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

The first thing is not to panic! I think for your age and the amount of activity you do, 1400 is too low. I'd deliberately raise it to between 1500-1600 by adding some good snacks--something with protein--like some part-skim ricotta with fresh fruit, or a South Beach Living high protein bar in the afternoon, or a serving of raisins as a snack with a string cheese--things like that. Or, you could increase the ounces of foods you eat--like have 4 ounces of chicken instead of 3.

Try that for at least two weeks, and if you keep your calorie average close to that amount, without any really high days, then you can see whether it's working.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #8  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

Another thing to look at is what kind of foods you are eating. I feel more satisfied when I eat lots of low cal veggies to fill myself up along with lean protein and not too many carbs. I have to really watch "white" carbs like bread, rice and pasta because it sets off a vicious cycle of carb cravings. A diet higher in protein and fiber seems to keep my appetite and blood sugar more stable. I look for things that give me lots of volume for my calories. Just another thought!
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote