Old 01-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #1  
brookypooh

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/120

Height: 5'6"

Default can you believe what you used to eat?

I cant!!! I was looking threw fast food, restaurant menus, and typical food I used to eat to see what is the best out of what i ate just in case I go out to eat I know what I can kwim. and OMG! I was looking at some things and I just cant believe what I was putting in my body before I started counting my calories and dieting. I mean like 10 oreos at a time with vit d milk, 2 gorditas from taco bell with a hard shell taco and a fiesta potato this is the meal I used to always get from there. Double quarter pounder with mayo and of course frys ( no this isn't one day meal lol) but I ate fast food at least twice a day while I was working all time. I could go on all day! I probably took in like 5000 calories a day and I wonder why I'm fat lol! I cant believe I use to put all that in my body you couldn't pay me to eat like that again now that I know whats in it. ( ya I would say I was pretty ignorant about food before now lol) I mean the food is good and I miss it some days but my heart and the rest of my body is sure happy I gave it all up! anyways I just wanted to see what you guys used to eat that you cant believe you ever did now that you are actually looking into how many cals fat and so on.
brookypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

good for you for making the changes!
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #3  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

I think the one thing I can't believe I used to do was eat TWO BIG BAGS of doritos, in a day. And this happened once or twice a week. TWO BAGS? what the **** man..... Seriously...

I also can't believe that when I went out to eat, I used to order whatever looked like it would have the most food... How warped is that kind of thinking... Ordering not what I would like most, but what I thought had the most food?????? no no nooooo.. and I did that since I was a little kid. One time I cried because my dad got me the donut with the hole in it, and I wanted the one without the hole because that meant there was more to eat... WHATTTT???? No wonder I am so big!

Sorry I kind of went off on that little tangent there. lol
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Yeah. I had a cheat day and went to fridays and got my fave, the jalapeno popper fried chicken sandwhich. it's a fried chicken samdwhich with jalapeno mayo and habanero jelly on a roll, with a popper on the side, and fries. I got just that and a salad.

I could only eat half of it before I got full and I got the rest to go. On old cheat days I would say screw it, and eat it all until I felt sick. No more though! even on cheat days I won't eat past full. I'm sure it had like a bazillion calories and I'm finding that I"m so not into that kind of food anymore, I'm actually losing the taste for it. I mean, I can FEEL the grease in my mouth when I eat fried stuff now, and I really hate that feeling. and simple carbs make me so bloated and gross feeling I can hardly breathe! These physical feelings keep me on track cuz I love being able to eat without feeling gross and stuffed and sick. Now, on my cheat days I eat half the meal, and it's usually a healthier choice than I would have made even just a few months ago.

WOOHOO!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 91/68/65 kg

Height: 172 cm 5ft8

i know i cant belive it either!!i looked at my food diary from the week before i started this... wow.. it pretty much consisted of this
B- a vegemite and cheese scroll from the bakery
S- a giant cookie
L- like fried rice or honey chicken
S- a packet of m&ms and a kit kat/ or a whole packet of biscuits
d- not to unhealthy...

but wow!!!!!! if ate that now..i think i would DIE
tarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Hmmm, breakfast - Diet Coke. Lunch - fast food. Dinner - fast food (and / or ice cream and cookies). All day long - Diet Coke. On the weekend I might have the ice cream / cookies for breakfast. Bad bad bad. It's a wonder I didn't croak.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/118/118

Height: 5'2

At my highest weight/unhealthiest, I would eat as a SNACK two everything bagels with cream cheese, 4 or 5 yodels, and a coke.
jellydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:31 AM   #8  
Starting OVER!

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6

I used to eat chicken Lo mien and fried spring rolls at least once a week!
blackbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #9  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

I was just thinking the same thing the other day! It's unbelievable how I used to eat and the unhealthy things I used to eat. I'd put down at least 4 Cokes a day (that's over 600 calories just in pop!). Now, I had a bad day yesterday and it still was only about 2000 cals and none of it pop, but I still feel like crap (I overdid the ice cream last night because I was feeling sorry for myself and unfortunately, I'm totally lactose intolerant) I hate to even think how many calories I was eating before I decided enough was enough!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SCG: 226/210/165

Height: 5'9"

I think my biggest problem has always been snacking. I never keep junk in the house because I don't want the kids to eat it, but I can snack like no other. I have always been unable to eat huge amounts at one setting, which I guess is a good thing, but snacking all day makes the calories add up too. I still eat the same, I just space it out and am trying to only eat when I am TRULY hungry. Oh food...
Jermsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 246/238/146

Height: 5 ft 3 in

I was a fast food diva!!!
DanielleMomOf2Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #12  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Me too!!! I used to (and I cringe thinking about it!) get a bag of chips and sour cream dip and eat the whole thing in the morning after work at least once a week!!! I started varying the stores I went to so that the cashiers would not realize how often I ate this! I cringe to think about it now - even though it still does sound a little good - just not that much.....
diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

Ok when I went to mcdonalds this is what I would usually get:
2 double cheeseburgers, large or small fry, lots and lots of soda, and 3 cookies. Sometimes I would get a double quarter pounder meal large sized!

AT chick-fillet I would get 2 chicken sandwiches, large fry, and a large sprite.

At my old job I would eat restaurant food every day (ie: chips and queso, burgers, slammers, endless amounts of fried foods and wings with sauce)

I would buy a cake from walmart and eat a piece of day until the whole thing was gone! Same thing with snack cakes and cookies. I would also eat a whole bag of dorritos in 3 days or so.

I never ate veggies, and very rarely did I eat fruit. It was HORRIBLE.

Last edited by heather88; 01-20-2009 at 08:06 PM.
heather88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/181/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Before I started counting calories I hardly ate veggies too. I would cook whatever meat I wanted with no veggie most of the time. Now, I think "what was I doing?!"

I would eat half a pack of Oreo's, a whole big Hershey Symphony or Cadbury bar or a whole pint of ice in one sitting.

I would often drink 2, 3 or on a really bad day 4 20 oz Pepsi.

Today I tried to cheat. I ordered a short stack with two scrambled eggs with cheese. I ate the eggs but half way through the pancakes I got really full nauseous and (I don't want to get graphic) you can guess what happened next.

I can't believe what I use to eat before counting calories. It was crazy.

Last edited by FaithBW; 01-20-2009 at 11:48 PM.
FaithBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #15  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

i can believe it because i was using food to escape my reality... and it was just making things worse( i was diagnosed with ms and all that weight made ms symptoms worse).

now that i'm eating healthy... it's changed not only my life.. but the way ms affects my life. symptoms are a lot more managable with 110 lbs less of weight and daily exercise!
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote