3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   CC Valentine's Day Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/159912-cc-valentines-day-challenge.html)

jamsk8r 01-01-2009 03:35 PM

CC Valentine's Day Challenge!

Sorry, peeps, forgot to add the icon to the first thread, so we can find it easy. Let's try this again...

Congrats to everyone who participated in the New Year's Challenge! :celebrate:
Time for a new thread.

Here's how it works. Valentine's Day is a little over 6 weeks away. Set a goal or goals, whether it's a certain number of pounds/kg/stone you want to lose, fitting into those too-small jeans, staying OP (on plan) with food, water and exercise, miles or minutes of exercise, whatever. You pick your own goal, then come here to report in, chat, get and give support. All are welcome! Let's do this thing! :carrot:

jamsk8r 01-01-2009 03:46 PM

Okay, that worked. Yay!

First thing, BarbPA made her 80 lbs lost mark today, so she gets herself a Flamey! :flame:

Here's mine:
SW:183.4
GW:179.4 (just to make it an even 4 lbs)
My weight loss has been really slow, so I think I'll be pushing to even make that one. I'm working the plan every day, though, so who knows?

Good luck everyone!

Chele615 01-01-2009 03:49 PM

After working the numbers, it seems like I lose an average of 5 pounds a month. So, I'm going to go for a 6 pound loss and have my Valentine's Day challenge goal be the same as the New Year's challenge goal.

CW: 205
GW: 199

I just really want to get into onederland!!!

Crime girl 01-01-2009 03:51 PM

New Person

Hi everyone-
It has been awhile since I have posted on the forum but here I am- brand new year with brand new goals.

For the challenge I want to make my 5 times a week workout goal. I am also shooting for 10 pound weight loss. :carrot:

Thanks!

BarbPA 01-01-2009 04:06 PM

Hi Gang! ;)

I have to think about my goals for Valentine's day...I'll get back to you.

Hopefully everyone is having a fantastic day and getting 2009 off on the right foot. I hit the gym for my cardio day and now I'm up to my ears in doing some cleaning/organizing. First I tackled the coat/catch all closet in the laundry room. DANG....it's amazing how 8 years of junk piles up in a closet. It was fun trying on old coats and realizing most of them had to go in the "donate" bag! :D

We are heading to Outback for Linner (late lunch/early dinner). I'm craving steak today...with veggies of course!

Laters.... :wave:

BarbPA 01-01-2009 04:08 PM

OH..I nearly forgot....

Jam - Thank you for my Flamey! :flame: I'm honored. I would like to thank all my wonderful friends here for keeping me going...cue music...speech over. ;) (yes, lame attempt at humor) :o

koolkiwi 01-01-2009 05:02 PM

Ooooh I am in for another great CC challenge. I really enjoyed the last one and had great results. For this one I would like to lose 10 pounds to get to 204lb. This is my 50lb total lost mark and my 20% loss so its a double whammy.

FB 01-01-2009 05:09 PM

Yeah for Jammy Jam - a brilliant and fearless challenge leader!

5 pounds. 5 freaking pounds to losing half of myself. Yep, 5 pounds please.

Another focus will be working on the weightlifting. Classes 3x per week + solo or trainer another 1-3x. I'll experiment for the next 6 weeks with cutting out cardio only gym time for now because I want to work on my lean body mass and body fat percentages. I'd like to begin taking a rest day once in awhile (although I'll likely end up biking or running the dog to burn off my excess energy) - it's about time!

jamsk8r 01-01-2009 05:48 PM

Chele's going to ONEderland, yea!

Crime girl, welcome to the challenge!

Barb, that speech was very inspiring. Brought a tear to my eye. Really. ;)
Just kidding, you EARNED that Flamey!

Kiwi, that is an awesome goal number! I wish I could think of something good like that, but I'm like all in the middle of nowhere here..."normal" BMI is still out of reach...maybe there's a percentage or something I could go for that would be more motivating than the random number I picked. I reserve the right to edit my goal if I think of something cool to go for!

FB, OMG, you are so going to make GOAL on this one! How cool is that?! Plus you are going to be a super buff bodybuilder this year! Just remember who knew you when...BFF! :hug:
PS-my sister C sent me this pic, it's at about 40 lbs down, so I will put it up for my avatar. PPS-lol! I'm looking all MIB with the all black theme there!

dgramie 01-01-2009 05:50 PM

Im in again!! I didnt do as hot last time so this time i am really going to be sure and exercise and make my goal.I am shooting for 10lbs, which would put me at 214.

jamsk8r 01-01-2009 05:59 PM

DG, woohoo! Go for it! :val1:

AngelMae 01-01-2009 06:54 PM

Hey ladies! I have been a little absent latey but I have been lurking!! I dont have my final weigh in until Saturday but I know that I didnt make it to my New Years goal and thats okay!! I have made huge progress and as long as I make it to ONDerland sometime in January I will be happy!!

Congrats to everyone for doing so great in 2008 and here is to doing just as great in 2009!!

I am going to set my Vantines Goal to be in ONEderland but I am hoping for 195!!

Good luck everyone! :)

chubbyphotographer 01-01-2009 07:29 PM

I would like to join this challenge.I have 100 lbs to lose and I know it is going to take awhile.I would like to lose 10 pounds by valentime's day

FB 01-01-2009 07:32 PM

Welcome! I'm a pawtawgrapher (as my son likes to say) too - and blame Photoshop, desk time and studio stress on my weight gain.
You can do it!

FB 01-01-2009 07:34 PM

Jammy! JAMMY! Awesome and awesome. You look FRICK FRACK FREAKING great (and intimidating I might add). Wow! You should post the two avatars side by side so everyone can marvel at you. Me? Your avatar is burned in my head, BFF and all.

chubbyphotographer 01-01-2009 07:41 PM

How do you get the weightloss tracker on your posts?

retiredone 01-01-2009 07:57 PM

OK, I'm in again. I want to be 6 pounds lighter by Valentine's Day but I don't know yet how much I gained over Christmas so it might be more because I want to be down to 132 by VD. I'll get all the particulars straightened out by Monday when I weigh in and add that information to my signature line.

Jammy, I didn't recognize you. I was posting the 3FC 5k results over in the weight loss support forum and couldn't put the signature with the avatar. I kept going back and looking at it until it dawned on me it was you. You look absolutely GREAT!

Chubby(but not for long)photographer, you'll be able to get your weight tracker after you make 20 or 30 posts and have been a member for about a month. Can't remember for sure. I'm sure someone else with a better memory will fill you in. You'll be able to go into the User CP and there'll be a menu item reading "edit signature." It won't be there until you qualify to make a tracker and add stuff to the signature line. Keep posting and you'll soon have enough posts. It's a safety precaution to keep out spammers and other unsavory posters.

chubbyphotographer 01-01-2009 08:36 PM

Thanks for the info

Kalilung 01-01-2009 08:43 PM

Ooh! Thanks for starting this up again, jammer! Your avatar pic! My goodness, you look great!
I won't be able to check my scale 'til the 15th of February, but i figure that's close enough.

I'd like to lose 10 lbs by Valentine's Day!

SW: 318.2
CW: 318.2
GW: 308.2

BarbPA 01-01-2009 10:52 PM

Hey Gals! :wave:

Jam - Awesome picture!!! :D

Chele - You are totally hitting ONEderland by V-day! WOOT! :)

Crime - Howdy! Welcome to the fun! :D

Kiwi - 50 pounds will be here before you know it! Yay! :spin:

FB - No doubt about it! FIVE more pounds to a freaking awesome GOAL WEIGHT! You'll have to do another awesome flex pic when you are buff! ;)

DG - 10 pounds! You've got it in you!!!! :goodvibes

Angel - ONEderland is in your reach! Bring it on! :cheer2:

Chubby - WELCOME! :wave:

Retire - Nail those 6 pounds...you can do it! :D

Kali - 15 will be awesome! You can do it! :carrot:

As for me, I'm going to set my goal at 15 more pounds gone by Valentine's day. Based on my weekly averages thus far it should be doable. I worry that at some point I'll stall, but so far it hasn't happened and I can't worry about something I can't control. I'll stay POP everyday, continue to hit the gym daily, strength train 3x per week. What I've been doing for the past 5 months has been working wonderfully....I am going to keep it up!

Ack...look at the time. I need sleep! Night Friends! :^:

jamsk8r 01-02-2009 03:28 AM

Hey ladies, just checking in one more time before I collapse. Thanks for all the kind words on the new avatar. Some day I'll get a pic when my hair is combed, without the hat. I really do have hair, lol.

Welcome to all the newcomers! :wave: Hi to all my old pals! :hug:

Following is me rambling on about workouts...too much caffeine? Probably. Feel free to skip:

Had a pretty good lifting workout at home tonight, but it's obvious I'm ready for bigger weights (I just have DB bars and 80 lbs of plates at home), so back to the gym I go on Monday (maybe even tomorrow, since I wouldn't mind getting out of the house anyway). Since I didn't have enough weights at home for a heavy legs workout, I just kept doing the biggest weight I've got till I was fried. Did abs in between, planks and crossfit style sit ups, pushups (knees, cuz I'm working on "chest to floor"), then ran for 15 mins after...that was all there was in the tank, even with the good tunes cranked.

I am trying to really crank up the workouts, to speed the weight loss along. I think my eating is good now, especially since I dropped the grains and all breads again (I think those were causing my headaches and I think I'm okay without them since I'm scarfing the fiber through veggie intake). I'd like to avoid cutting calories any more if I can accomplish continued fat burn with the workouts.

I'm going to hit the evil cardio machines at the Y for now, then this month when the budget allows, bike shorts and some more suitable running tights for winter weather are in order. Then, I can take the running outside, where I need to do some hill work to start prepping for the 12K-from-heck this summer (some killer hills in that one), and hopefully the change of terrain will also help the fat burn.

Since it looks like the rink is definitely going to be closed for 6 or more weeks (after this weekend), I figure this is a good time to switch that up for another workout. I'll still need to skate every week or so, because jamskating is a "use it or lose it" kinda sport, but with bike shorts, I can dust off the road bike I bought last year and start working on that a few days a week. I've ridden that bike about three times since I bought the thing, lol.

My sister S who lives near me is a baby runner, long time walker. She wants to do some 5Ks this spring together, which will be fun, then she is training up to do the 200 mile Seattle to Portland bike ride, which I think is set for the middle of July. She's done it once before. Me, I get worn out riding to the store and back, which is a mile away. :lol3: I want to work on that, though. Plus, a change of cardio can't hurt at this point!

So, that is the plan. Cardio change-up, cardio daily, weights 4 days a week, kicking my own butt every day and keeping it POP. I'm so done with the frickin' 180s, already! Looking at my weight loss chart, I started plateauing near the end of June, and weight loss has been so slow since then. I think I can do better. Hopefully I'm on the right track now!

sweetshauna 01-02-2009 04:01 AM

My Vals day challenge...

1) To NOT weigh-in until January 31st (I packed up the scales- yes, I have TWO!!!- in a little box, and put it in my storage closet)

2)To eat 1200-1300cals and 20g carbs per day six days a week (Im on a CC/ Atkins hybrid), and to eat 1800-2000cals and 20g carbs one day a week. :hun:

4)Exercise minimum 5, maximum 6 days per week- rotating cardio:swim::exercise: & body conditioning days :wl:

3)To not let how much I weigh when I DO take out the scale on Jan 31st mess with my head (whether its good or bad) :goodscale :nono:

All the challenges seem to be weight specific, and mine is not (at least not directly). Pardon me if I get this wrong- this is like my 3rd post or something.

:cheer2: GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!!!! :grouphug:
and some willpower dust for extra measure:dust: (LOL)

Primm 01-02-2009 06:21 AM

What I need - another challenge to keep me on track.

My goals -

1/ 1850 calories per day.

2/ 2050 exercise calories per week.

3/ 2.5 litres of water per day.

4/ To track my calorie intake. Every. Single. Day.

That'll do for now. I'm not setting a specific weight target, I'll do all of the above and see where I end up. Starting weight is 87.2 kg.

rodeogirl 01-02-2009 06:39 AM

Hey guys I'm going to do this again!

I kinda get behind on this thread because I spend most of my time in the 100# club forum - but if you don't mind me just checking in once in awhile I'll be here! I do love reading everyone's progress I just don't always comment.

Anyhow - for V-day I think 285 (man I almost wrote 385 - not used to starting with a 2 still!) is a nice reasonable goal.

It's really cold and icy here so this next 6-12 weeks will be hard to walk to school which is a big part of my routine. I got these things called "Stableicers" for Christmas which are like snow tires for your shoes. You velcro them on and they have studs in the bottom (which are replaceable). They are heavy so I will have to get used to them but it's one less excuse.

285 here I come!

chubbyphotographer 01-02-2009 10:08 AM

I made it through my first day,I am so happy.:carrot:

retiredone 01-02-2009 10:50 AM

Yeah, for Chubby!!!

Rodeogirl, I always walked to school in the winter when I worked. I found a good pair of snowpants and a hooded coat made the chilly weather more bearable. I should have had the "Stableicers" because I took too many falls. Don't worry about the extra weight of your boots because that'll give you more exercise and more calories burnt off.

Today has been good so far. I have to get in my exercise and watch the amount and type of foods I'm eating. I still don't have all the cookies and cakes disposed of but I'm in the process of wrapping most of it for the freezer. DH nearly died when I said I was going to throw it out. Ha, ha. So I'm freezing it so he can have his treats.

Have a good on plan day people.

jamsk8r 01-02-2009 01:26 PM

Shauna, whatever goal helps YOU, that's the right kind of goal for this challenge. :)

Woke up this morning to...more snow! For a place that "never gets snow" we sure are making up for it this year! I don't think this batch will stick around for long, though, because the sun is out.

Down a little this morning. UB lifting workout today, skating tonight.

Chub, congrats on your first day's success! :celebrate:

rodeogirl 01-02-2009 01:38 PM

Jam - yeah I know what you mean about the snow. I spent most of the Christmas holiday ferrying around people who couldn't/wouldn't drive in the snow. I also had to time getting back over the pass pretty carefully. I'm glad I went when I did because they've been closed off and on and lots of avalanches and avalanche control getting in the way.

We all did enjoy the rare white Christmas though. My parents live right on the water and even if there's snow just down the street they never get any. This year even my brother's boat had snow on it! That's pretty freaking unusual.

Skinnychickinwaiting 01-02-2009 01:38 PM

I'd love to join this challenge. Based on past weight loss I think a 10 lb loss is doable by V-day. I will break into the 100 lb zone!!!!! Oh how I have waited for that day.

SW: 207
GW: 197

I would also like to try to stick to my goal of training for a race in April so I am going to focus on sticking to my training plan.

Good luck everyone!!!!!

jamsk8r 01-02-2009 05:11 PM

Skinny, welcome to 3FC and to your first challenge! :celebrate: :carrot:

Rodeo, my 12 y.o. son really enjoyed the snow, and I didn't mind it so much, since the dogs came in cleaner than they do when it's just mud out there, lol. I read about your NY Rez to ride a horse this year. If I could afford it, I'd take lessons for English/jumping, just because that looks like fun. Oy, not a cheap sport, though, so it's not likely to happen this year!

FB 01-02-2009 09:04 PM

Gosh Jamster - I cannot get over your new avatar. Again, you look marvelous dahlink!

I woke up early and went to my weights class. I may have mentioned before that it's taught by my trainer's twin sister? The blond bombshells - tiny little perfect Barbie doll ladies.

Anyhow, the twin sister brought me an Adidas workout outfit - jacket and pants. She said it was a bit big for her (which didn't offend me, she's a wee lady) and she thought it would be my thing. I think my expression must have been incredulous looking at it - it was TINY. Size small, cropped jacket no less. (For the record I've been rocking some baggy large pants)

I took it home, fully expecting to look like a stuffed sausage - but it looks HOT - for real. I'm usually more modest - but I'm so surprised. The hubs said it's sexy. I went to the store in it with him tonight and had two guys following me. That's a new thing, it's been awhile.

Totally took away the bad experience of throwing up this morning after class because my back still hurts. Yikes!

hungrybecca 01-02-2009 09:32 PM

I would love to join the CC Valentine's Day Challenge.
My goal will be 153.

BarbPA 01-02-2009 10:30 PM

FB - That's AWESOME! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

sweetshauna 01-03-2009 04:16 AM

So Friday was a bust:
I stayed within my calorie range, but I had 117g of carbs!! 117 FREAKING GRAMS!!

Most of it was with the donuts... I had 1 1/2 dunkin donuts strawberry glazed donut w/ SPRINKLES!
I'm so mad at myself. My brother came into town to visit me today, and he stopped at DD on the way to the chinese restaurant to pick up my order. My chinese order was on point- scallops with mixed vegetables from the special diet menu- so no salt, no sugar, no cornstarch, no MSG, along with a garden salad w/ shimp & french dressing.

Anyhoo, so he went to DD close to closing time, so he got 3 free strawberry glazed donuts from the night manager. WHY COUD I NOT SAY NO!!:nono:

I also did not hit the gym. I was very lazy today.

Day 2 and already "off the wagon." SMH.

PS: I just checked my Daily Plate and apparently their was 33g of sugar in my French Dressing. So bye-bye dressing of love.

river 01-03-2009 07:06 AM

This challenge sounds good, I'm a calorie counter too. I would like to lose 10 pounds but am not sure it's doable. But WTH, shoot for the stars right?
SW 164
GW 154

chubbyphotographer 01-03-2009 09:45 AM

I made it through day 2:carrot:

Ija 01-03-2009 10:32 AM

I would love to make it to 160, but I think 12 pounds might be pushing it. Still, when I give myself big goals I tend to work harder... I lost 10 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas despite several holiday parties. So let's say ideally I'd be 160, but I'd be thrilled if I made it to 165.

retiredone 01-03-2009 12:51 PM

Well, I weighed in this morning and I'm so angry at myself. I'm up to 145.5 again. That's the first time I've put on weight since last January. Now, I'm determined to get rid of that Christmas weight plus lose the 6 pounds I wanted to lose for this challenge.

I'm going to buy a new exercise bike tonight or tomorrow depending on the weather and the roads and if Walmart has one in the store. I've been trying to buy a new one for months but the store I was getting it from never had them in stock. I even had a rain check for one. They went on sale again this week and never had one in the store. They offered me another rain check and I'm afraid I wasn't very nice to the sales person. Not his fault I know. Walmart has one for $140 that has all the functions I want including pulse. I have an old bike that makes such a racket that I can't hear myself think when I'm on it. I got enough money for Christmas to just about cover the cost so I'm done waiting for the other bike to go on sale again (it was $99).

Someone give me a slap around the head. I thought it would be a pound or two but 7.5 pounds in less than 3 weeks!!! I need my jaws wired shut.

Have a nice day.

jamsk8r 01-03-2009 01:23 PM

Thanks, FB! I am sorry to hear that your back is still hurting so bad! :hug: Now, about the size SMALL outfit.. :hot: :hot: :hot: Is it long pants or capris? Personally, I'm not a capri girl. I want whatever those pants are like the crossfit girls wear, when the belly goes away.

Becca, welcome to the challenge! :carrot:

Shauna, sorry to hear about the donuts, but lol! The way you said it was funny. NBD, baby! :hug: You'll get it back! I think carbs are the hardest macro to drop, esp if you're trying for super low grams, so I'm feeling for you. I would love to go sugar free at some point, but I'm not there yet. I still drink a lot of hot tea, and like sugar in it. I'm working on cutting the sugar back a little at a time, though.

River, good to see you over here! You should go for the ten pounds, definitely!

Chubs, WTG on day 2! :cool:

Drina, welcome, and good luck with your goal! You can always set it at 7 now, then if you make that before the challenge is over, set another mini goal. Lots of folks do that.

As for me, I had a great UB workout at home yesterday. I'm thinking I'll be crying for my mama tomorrow. Went skating last night, probably my last at the old location for the rink. It was a good workout. 3+ hours of mostly jamming. After all that hard work, I squeezed a whole .2 out of the scale this morning, lol. I'll take that, though. Not sure what I'll do today for a workout. Might do a crossfit metcon, for variety. I need to burn some calories!

Isabella, you posted while I was typing. Have you tried Sears? I've seen some good sales there, and they might have one going on now or in the near future, either for the NY resolution flux, or afterward to clear the excess. Might be worth a try, if the Walmart thing doesn't pan out.

Daze 01-03-2009 01:54 PM

Well, this is all new to me however I'd like to give this a go!

My V Day goal is to be in onederland as they say.
I'm 212 right now and I'm positive I can make it to 199...I'll sure give it a try.