Old 07-18-2008, 01:04 AM   #1  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Default cravings - an observation

Since I started my diet I haven't really craved anything. Around my TOM I just want food, any food but I've found that it doesn't need to be junk food or chocolate (although those were often the forms it used to take).

But this afternoon I made homemade mac&cheese for the town's hot dish supper and made a tiny dish for myself to enjoy later. This is so very much not on my diet in so many ways - pasta (and not even whole wheat pasta), cheese, whole milk. But it is one of my all time favorite foods and something I hope to allow myself very occassionaly.

So I had my small serving - small by my old standard although I felt very full and satisfied after I was done eating it. And then I went to grab a couple hours sleep before coming in to work.

I woke up CRAVING more of the mac & cheese. I was still feeling full but my first thought when the alarm went off was how much I wanted more. It was so much like an addiction - I needed a mac & cheese fix. Which I didn't have; and now I'm at work and recovered from my unreasonable desire.

This was an interesting observation and realization for me. I am so used to my mindless eating habits and not paying attention to my body, or saying no to it either.

Last edited by Vladadog; 07-18-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:34 AM   #2  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Good for you! I find the same thing...if I have carbs, I want more later, though I'm not as good as you at resisting temptation, so I keep it out of the house. Great job, passing up that second helping!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/135-see tracker

Height: 5 ' 3"

That's wonderful that you had that realization and self-awareness and were able to make a better choice for yourself. I have that same problem w/macncheese. It's really better if i don't have any because i keep wanting more.

Nice job!!
Ailey60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:53 AM   #4  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Well, there wasn't a second helping. But I *think* I would have been able to pass it up.

'm not sure if it is the carbs or the fat or the salt (cheese is pretty salty) or some combination of them all but boy, it's a potent drug.

I know I will never ever make it again just for me at home. I will make it to take places never again for dinner at home. It's just not worth tempting myself like that.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:08 AM   #5  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I wish I could just not make it...but unfortunately, it's one of my DD's favorite food. I do mix with lots of veggies or at least try to when cooking for her so that she will get enough veggies with it. (she's 2.5 years old)

But Yay on realizing how craving works!

Last edited by taragettingthin; 07-18-2008 at 03:08 AM.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote