Old 01-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215-220?/200/155

Height: 5'9"

Default I'm addicted to food!!!!!!

oh my god. seriously, i'm going through withdrawl!!!! I'm shaky, CRAVING food right now, manically craving, worst of my life craving, and i'm getting like physically angry at inanimate objects and myself and making mistakes on simple things and i REALLY can't concentrate on this HUGE test tomorrow but i refuse to give in. I am not continuing and i'm not worried about giving in because i won't but holy crap! I'm scaring myself. i really did not realize how bad i've become. does this feel ever end? is it normal?

seriously, this is how bad it is: i'm considering going to bed now even though i'm not done with my work and wouldn't be able to fall asleep anyways, but i want to go to bed so i can wake up and eat breakfast!!!!!

on the plus side, i'm really proud of myself for maintaining my goal, not overeating, and eating healthy! I think calorie counting is going to work for me. i like the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day where i know i achieved a goal! it's honestly the best feeling in a long time. i did something i set out to do!

okay, calming down. maybe a cup of tea or something to relax. phew, this is so hard. I'm pretty ashamed i feel like this too. i feel like an addict. oh wait, it's because i am

focusing on the positive! Sorry for the rant! I had to get it out of my system!
M a g g i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 314/215/135

Height: 5'4

its all good girl rant thats what we are here for, lol, yes it will go away never totally but it will get better and easyer, try a peice of gum and see if that helps,
its my time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Woah Maggie....take a deep breath. The tea idea is a good one. It sounds like you are under a lot of stress tonight, WTG for stopping and writing it down.

It is normal, it does get easier. It may never get "easy"....but hey what worth having is easy to come by?

on your test tomorrow.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #4  
www.j3nn.net

S/C/G: 319/269/150

Height: 5'3"

I am too, that's why I still include a lot of it in my diet! I love food; cooking, eating, learning about it etc. It's one of my biggest hobbies and passions and the only way I could lose weight was to still include foods I love in my life or make healthier versions of them.

I like to plan my menus ahead of time and see how much I can cram into my calories for the day, it's fun!! hehe
j3nn dot net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:57 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey! It is true that when starting out, a person can feel cravings, hungrier than normal, and so on. But I wonder how many calories you are eating in a day. Care to share?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:01 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

My first 2 weeks of calorie counting/life style change were incredibly, incredibly difficult. I won't lie, they were just awful. But I knew if I really, really stuck to it, that my other misery would end. The misery of me being morbidly obese.

Luckily, after those 2 weeks, maybe even a little less, the cravings GREATLY diminished and it got MUCH, MUCH easier.

Make sure you plan some good, satisfying snacks throughout your day. Grape tomatoes, baby carrots, fat free/sugar free yogurt, clemintines, salad, sugar free ices and the such. Hang in there. Just hang tough. It's so incredibly worth it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

My first couple of weeks were like that. It was so hard. It truly is like withdrawal. It's gotten much better for me the last few weeks. It will get better. It just takes time. Are you sure you're getting enough calories? Enough nutrition? Enough water? The water helps me tremendously to feel fuller. Good luck. And good luck on your test too.
marie8674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Don't worry, most all of us go through the same exact thing! Very fortunately, it calms down and gets a lot better after the first week or two, sometimes even the first few days. (The latter is the case for me) Just keep going strong, resist the urges to overeat, and it WILL get better.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:29 PM   #9  

Hey! Just wanted to write a quick update in between classes. first, i'm eating 1500-1600 calories a day and my goal is to get 5 servings of veggies, 2 fruit, 3 dairy, 2 protein, and around 5 carbs. which is what i did yesterday. The problem is i eat instead of doing things i need to do. Like last night i had a lot of work to do and usually i eat while i do it or eat to procrastinate and last night i wouldn't let myself. it wasn't that i was hungry. I could totally distinguish wanting food rather than needing (which was actaully a good feeling ) but it's hard to break habits so i struggled.

But I did it!!! I was so happy last night because I actually achieved something and felt good about it! I had some hot tea and spaced out have green beans about 2 hours after dinner and then 3-4 hours later having pineapple. and i was satisfied!!! Then today i'm doing even better and i planned better for my vulnerable times so yay! i did it! It feels so good to achieve a goal and it motivates me too! I should've tried counting calories like this long ago!!

thanks for the support! It helped to just put those bad feelings out there, take a couple of deep breaths, and then move on!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 174/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

That's great that you did it. It feels so good to acheive even the little things, doesn't it?
marie8674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #11  

it really does! It's pretty pathetic how happy I was last night! I mean I set goals and achieve them, but never with weight or eating. and school goals aren't achieved until the end of the semester and now I just expect to have good grades since that's my norm. It's not satisfying anymore. With weight, it happens slowly so even though i will feel good about that, it won't be for awhile (especially because i don't have a scale here, just a tape measurer so i won't know the poundage until March 15!) but with food, i love feeling good about myself and making good decisions. Not only did i meet my calorie goal yesterday but also fruits and veggies which is harder for me! (and i didn't pig out!) I'm sorry that I'm rambling, I'm just so happy!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #12  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

You hang in there, maggie! You can do this!

jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote