Old 01-31-2008, 05:01 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default IM starving today

I am so hungry today. Today is day 5 of dieting. I havent really been hungry until today. I have had a bowl of cereal and coffee. I had a few almonds mid morning and a slimfast for lunch and then a few more almonds later. A few minutes ago i finally ate a dill pickle and im still starving. ITs a cold and dreary day here and no school so its a change of routine for me. I think its because we usually make cookies or something on snowdays. Maybe a healthy dinner and snack will help.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Well you've hardly eaten any food, so it's no wonder you're starving. Make a big salad and snack on that, or make up a big pot of soup with lots of veggies in it. A girl can't (and shouldn't) live by slimfast and almonds alone.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

No wonder you are starving, you are getting no nutrition. you cannot exist on slimfast, dill pickles , and cereal.I suggest that you get on a weight loss program, there are many out there, where you eat real food and lose weight. Check out the forums nd find something that you will do.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:14 PM   #4  

Great minds, bargoo.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:30 PM   #5  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

ITA with the others. You need some fuel for the bod bod.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 286/275.8/180

Height: 5'3

This is the reason that I don't think Slim Fast is a good option. You are not getting any nutrition and food in your body to be fueled up. Try eating a couple of egg whites or from what I heard a boiled egg whole really isn't that bad either. ALthough the almonds are good protein, they are not enough to fill ya up. I would consider eating a bit more then you are. Add some yogurt to that morning stack or something!
wingsofbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:59 PM   #7  
HeatherDawn

S/C/G: 183/171/160

Height: 5'4

I'm starving just reading the post. I agree with the others definetly need more food.
Heather1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:41 PM   #8  

I usually eat more but really need to go to the store. I had a large salad for dinner with 3 ozof tuna and a huge sweet potatoe. I have been getting about 14-1600 calories.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:06 PM   #9  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Wings - SlimFast is GREAT nutrition - if used properly with a good meal plan. I have drank it every single day for breakfast since Sept. 23rd and have lost 49lbs...I have worked hard (and workout harder!) and generally have no less than 1200-1400 calories/day....I get all of the Fiber and Protein necessary for my diet...and probably MORE than most (generally about 35+ grams of fiber/day and at least 50 grams of protein while staying low in fat and sodium). Please don't knock something just based on someone else's (or even your own...not sure if you have used it or not) use of a product. SlimFast has 5 grams of protein and 5 grams of Fiber in it...not to mention a TON of other nutrients and vitamins to help people out. Now, I agree that SF is not for everyone - but with the right plan - it is really helpful. I swear by it as being part of my day..every day.
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:30 PM   #10  

I love the energy I get from drinking slimfast. I think I just had an off day today. Slimfast normally fills me up and holds me till I snack. today i was out of most things I snack on. I just had a bad day. I dont starve. I use to starve and i know now that i have to eat in order to lose weight. I have lost 90lbs before using slimfast for 2 meals a day and eating a healthy dinner. I am choosing to use a slimfast as lunch or every few days...just whatever IM in the mood for. As we all know everyone likes different things and what works for one doesnt always work for someone else.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I use slimfast too, but I eat something else besides dill pickles and cereal.
I eat balanced and nutritious meals. Slimfast for breakfast and I sometimes add banana or strawberries to the slimfast for a smoothie.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:12 PM   #12  

Yeah, but Debmitch, you were complaining about being hungry! The lack of food seemed the obvious place to start.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #13  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey debmitch!

Looking at what you listed in your initial post, it seemed to be less than 500 calories before dinner. Yikes. And your dinner did not have enough calories, either. That was not a 1400-1600 calorie day, unless your cereal was really something!

I'd suggest you try planning better. It's OK to use a nutritional supplement like SlimFast now and then, but you might want to try the high protein version, and you might also want to just plain add more bulky foods to your program. What about apples and other fruits? What about vegetables other than salads? These foods will help you feel full without adding a whole bunch of calories.

Also, plan better snacks than a dill pickle. I love dill pickles but they are very low in calories and nutrition (meaning carbs, fats, protein, vitamins...). What about some 2% cottage cheese, or an ounce of full-fat cheddar cheese or a serving of lowfat string cheese, with half an apple? Things like that.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 02-01-2008 at 08:16 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote