Old 01-23-2008, 06:25 PM   #1  
Get Through The Moment

S/C/G: 227/218/140

Height: 5'4.5

Talking I think Dawnsky is my TWIN

After reading Dawnsky's post "stuck at 214" I thought I would share my struggle.

Oh how I feel your pain! I am reading this thinking OMG she's as bad with the scale as I am! lol

I started at 227 on Jan 11th doing a juice fast ( fresh furits & veggie juice made from a juicer) Just juice for a solid week! It was the hardest thing I have EVER done! So 1 week later I had lost 9 lbs great but my worries were the same, was this really "real" weight???

So the next week I knew I couldn't do the juice thing anymore so I thought how can I still lose alot per week but still have something to eat. Thats when I like Dawnsky came up with the magical number 500 as in 500 calories a day.

Well by this time I am back up to 223 from 218 where I was after the juice fast and I was t'd off to say the least! I mean how can you gain from eating only 500 calories a day!!!

So this week I was still trying to go for 500 calories a day but I have been a little lax about it and have been getting in more like 700-800 a day. Still weighing myself every day trying to at least get back to 218 wich is where I was 12 days ago!

Well this morning I was 219 so what I am realizing now after reading everyones posts about this is that because I have been a little lax and eating more then 500 calories a day thats when I started losing again!

UGHHHH!!! This is so frustrating. You think your doing the right thing fighting and struggling to get through each day eating NOTHING cause thats exactly what 500 calories is and its all for not...

I have a love hate relationship with my scale! I am fixin to make my husband hide it from me and only give it to me once a week!

I have this deadline hanging over my head April 19th My husbands company is having a softball tournament that we all have to play in. I have never even met these people! So thats where the urgency of this weightloss comes from and I thought by cutting back so much I may be able to make my goal before then... Guess I was wrong!
goodbyethighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

500 calories = nowhere NEAR enough food! No wonder you weren't losing anything...your body was screaming "help! I'm starving! I must hold onto every calorie I eat, because I'm clearly not getting fed!".

Have you read the Calorie Counters FAQ at the top of this forum? It may provide you with some information about minimum recommended calories and why eating fewer is not better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #3  

Height: 5 foot 7

Isn't it just painful to be so stressed out while on a diet? I think you and I need to just throw the scales out the window for a week or so... I really do think you and I WILL lose the weight if we just stick to plan and stop weighing ourselves.. See... I will actually believe myself NOW, but tomorrow morning I will be giving the scale the EYE. and really wanting to get on it, even for just one last time.

I totally agree with everyone else that you really do need to up your calories though. When I was only eating like 1/2 cup of green beans a day I was gaining! So I did what I thought was best.. I fasted and only had water for a day or so. Which made me gain even more. I ate my 1200 calories and got back down to 214! Isn't that weird??

In the end we will both do it! I'm sure of it. Let's just keep our chin up, our butt's moving and our calories in! oh... and our scales away!
dawnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Ladies, please do remember that starvation is not necessary for weight loss. You can lose vast amounts of weight on a perfectly reasonable number of calories. This super-low calorie thing is unhealthy, unnecessary and counter-productive, plus, it isn't good for your metabolism in the long run. It also teaches you NOTHING of what you need to know to maintain your weight loss. There is NO VIRTUE in doing a super-low-cal diet. There is literally nothing good about it.

Please read the calorie counters sticky and pay some heed to the experiences of women who've collectively lost hundred of pounds WITHOUT starving themselves. It might just be that we know what we're talking about.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote