Old 01-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #1  
never say never

S/C/G: 215/ticker/165

Height: 5'6

Smile Your favorite low calorie tricks and treats

This has probably been posted here before, so forgive me, I'm still new. I was just wondering if anyone wanted to share their favorite low cal treats and ideas.

For example:
I break a chocolate graham cracker in half and put sugar free coolwhip in the middle to make a "sandwich." Then I pop it in the freezer and eat it as a snack in the evening. Fewer calories than ice cream but still tasty!

I also love to eat the Vietnamese Chicken Salad Rolls at Pei Wei. The entire order is less than 300 calories but it really feels like you're eating lots of food.

If I'm bored a little hungry or antsy in the evening and want to eat I make myself some herbal tea with splenda. Something about the warmth of the tea makes me feel like I ate something even though I didn't.

I also love the Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese triangles. I eat one triangle with 5 little melba toasts and that's a 100 calorie snack that is WAY more satisfying than those little baggies of cookies or crackers.
polkadotfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:40 AM   #2  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Good thread, I hope we can get some more snacks listed. I just picked up some wheat crackers from CVS and for 18 crackers its 110 calories... thats a lot of crackers!!!
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:44 AM   #3  
Rebecca

S/C/G: 335/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Good post. I also love the Laughing cow wedges, but I eat mine with Wasa bread. I also love the 100 calorie mini popcorn bags. Also I make smoothies by using frozen berries with ice, a stevia packet and a cup of light vanilla soy milk. Can't remember how many calories but it's sooo yummy and very very low cal.
My favorite low calorie dessert is to use the Lucky leaf sugar free apple pie filling and season it with stevia and cinnamon and put it in a low cal wheat tortilla. Roll the tortilla like a burrito and spray a tiny bit of butter flavored pam and sprinkle with stevia and cinamon and bake it at 350 for around 25 mintues. It tastes like an apple turnover and is very low cal.
Or take the same SF pie filling and put low fat granola on top and bake until crispy and bubbly. Soooo good.
I also love caramel rice cakes (60 calories) and if I need some protein or more calories it's good with some peanut butter on top.
yummymummyOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 5'3

Attention YummymummyOA!

Where do you find the sugar-free apple filling you are talking about? Sounds delicious!
azmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummymummyOA View Post
Also I make smoothies by using frozen berries with ice, a stevia packet and a cup of light vanilla soy milk. Can't remember how many calories but it's sooo yummy and very very low cal.
I do this too! It's very tasty and a satisfying snack.
foucault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #6  
never say never

S/C/G: 215/ticker/165

Height: 5'6

that low cal apple turnover sounds fantastic!! I forgot about low sugar pie filling, that's a great idea!
polkadotfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #7  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Dawn, what brand are the crackers you mentioned?
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #8  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

They are CVS Baked Wheat Snack Crackers, they are very good! My kids even like them
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #9  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Thanks - will check them out! That sounds like a great calorie bargain.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:29 AM   #10  
Rebecca

S/C/G: 335/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmom View Post
Attention YummymummyOA!

Where do you find the sugar-free apple filling you are talking about? Sounds delicious!
I buy it at Wal-Mart in the pie filling area. I have even seen generic versions of the Lucky Leaf sugar free pie filling. They have cherry, apple and maybe another one and they are sweetened with sugar.
I have even seen some brands that are no sugar added and are just the fruit. You could add your own sweetener then or just eat it natural.

Most grocery stores should sale some brand of sugar free pie filling.
yummymummyOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #11  
www.j3nn.net

S/C/G: 319/269/150

Height: 5'3"

Oh I have so many low-cal tricks and treats:

I love nonfat or low fat frozen yogurt, either Stonyfield or Ben & Jerry's Lighten Up

No Pudge Brownies - I made them with canned 100% pumpkin only 120 cals each

Fage 2% yogurt with side cherries - if you like cheesecake, you will LOVE this. It's DELICIOUS

Whole wheat toast with almond butter or peanut butter, mmm so good

I make a "Big Mac" with lean ground turkey breast and a whole wheat bun

I make tuna salad with 1 TBSP Hellmann's Canola mayo (45 cal) and 1 TBSP Smart Balance fat free mayo (10 cal)

I make egg salad with 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, and Hellmann's Canola mayo/Smart Balance fat free mix

I make pizza on Joseph's pitas (only 60 cals for the WHOLE pita) or on whole wheat pitas with part-skim mozzarella

I have so many things, I could go on and on lol. Check out my diet blog for my daily menus and recipes.
j3nn dot net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #12  
vek

S/C/G: 203/ticker/180

Height: 5ft2"

Well, it might sound boring, but when I really feel like binging I make myself a giant lettuce salad. It makes me feel I eat a looooooot but in reality is just a trick with very few calories...
vek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

just few of my low calorie treats:
yoplait yogurt-key lime pie flavor-love it
yoplait yogurt-strawberry or peach
cereal bar kellogs
raw strawberry
watermelon-only 45 cal/cup
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #14  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

home made hamburgers . i get 100 lean beef mince meat nothing added , fry up some garlic an chopped celery(im allergic to onion and it give a similar taste) and some grated carrot, cook it till soft then add it to the mince along with one egg and a little chicken salt.. they are yummy and the kids love them soo much.. i serve them with a wholemeal bun with lettuce and tomato and cucumber . They are very filling and we have it as a dinner every now and then.. My daughter is allergic to food additives so all treats like this have to be haome made but they taste better then any burger you can buy in a shop, no fat not greasy and YUM.

my favourite lunch is wholemeal cracker with tuna cucumber and tomato on top and a bit of black pepper.. yum.. lol
i snack on fruit or veggies so im no help there and i have eggs or cereal for breaky so that all i got lol..
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:42 AM   #15  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I love oatmeal for a snack. I get Trader Joe's multi-grain variety, which is 130 calories a serving. I add cinnamon or cardamon and stir in two tbsp of sugar-free Torani syrup. If I have extra calories, I stir in 1 tbsp of peanut butter.

I make pumpkin pudding out of 1 package sugar free, fat-free instant pudding; 1 1/4 cup skim milk; 1 cup pumpkin; and 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. This makes 4 servings at about 75 calories each. Sometimes I stir in 1/2 serving of crushed Trader Joe's Ginger Cats Cookies.

I make yogurt parfaits with 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt mixed with 1 tbsp sugar free Torani syrup, then topped with diced fruit and cinnamon.

Tonight for dessert I had Duncan Hines spice cake, made with 1 can pumpkin instead of the ingredients called for on the box. Divided into 24 servings (instead of the 12 indicated on the box), it is about 100 calories per serving. Next up to try is brownie mix made with pumpkin.

I'm going to have to try that wrap/sugar-free pie filling idea. That sounds really good.

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 01-19-2008 at 03:43 AM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote