Old 12-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #1  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Really Hungry Today...

Has anyone else had a day that for no reason at all you are just really hungry all day? My calories and food choices are very similar to any other day but I've just been so hungry. And I mean stomach growling hungry. I ate part of my lunch early because I couldn't hold off. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this and if they have advise. Thanks.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yes!!! I have had those days happen a few times since I began. Sometimes, if I wait it out, it means I'm about to drop in weight. Other times, I try to see if I've been cutting down on one food group too much--like protein--and if so, try to increase that. I might be lacking in nutrition! Drinking water can also help.

One thing I do try to do regardless is to make sure that I don't go nuts and eat the wrong foods! Often I still feel hungry, and I'm up too many calories.

Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #3  

Maybe you're more active today and your body needs a little more fuel than normal. But every once in a while I am more hungry than usual, so I eat more. I'll have a little more protein and fiber to get me through. I also make sure I eat every three hours. Truth is though, I'm rarely hungry these days.

Good advice from JayEll about not going nuts eating crappy junk, although I don't believe she put it like that

Last edited by kimmieone; 12-30-2007 at 08:06 AM.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'6

I deffinitally have those days. My stomach growls a lot more than most people's do, but I eat a good amount of food. It is mostly when I am laying down or am reclining in my chair. Whenever I go to bed my roommate can always hear my stomach its weird! But yeah, some days I am just extra hungry. Don't know how to explain it.. I know this is a stupid question because you probably would have considered this but are you near that time of month ? because I always get extra hungry around then.
ILoveLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/139

Height: 5'6"

Yes - been there. I typically give into the hunger by having a small snack followed by a BIG glass of water. If I am still feeling the urge, I have another small snack followed by another BIG glass of water. I typically go over a bit in calories but the water helps lessen the impact.

Lori
lorilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Definitely. It seems to come out of the blue. No way to predict it. Like others, I feed the hunger with healthy snacks. A lowfat cheesestick, Wasa cracker with hummus, a few nuts with carrot sticks - 100 calorie or less snacks that have protein and carbs. I may add an extra snack or two that day - making sure I eat every 2 2 1/2 hrs instead of every 3 hours, for instance. And like Lori - I try to drink more fluids along with my snacks.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:07 PM   #7  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Thanks everyone. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I made it through the day staying within calories even though it was harder then usual. Figured I should avoid the extra calories with Christmas coming up and my birthday on sunday so I will probably be over for sun, mon, and tues. Once the holidays are over I will see how hungry I am on normal days and maybe I need to up the calories a little bit. I do work out 6 days a week usually about an hour at a time. So maybe I do need some more calories.
Have a great holiday everyone!
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 02:28 AM   #8  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

This happons to me quite often, tho i'm a big emotional eater. i usualy drink a couple of glasses of water, and if that doesnt help i have some fruit or low sodium butter free popcorn.
MangoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 288/278.8/150

Height: 5 ft.5 in.

The way to go is 2 things. Have a serving of fruit and eat some soup, broth based. This is a way to eat a meal that won't put you over. I've been doing this for a half year and I'm averaging 2 lbs. a week still. This is my parachute all of this time.
NurseChef is offline   Reply With Quote