Old 12-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #1  

Default Giving calorie counting a serious shot!

Hi all, and Happy Holidays!!

I've driven myself crazy trying to stick to diets in 2007. I've wasted money at weight watchers, only to not be able to stick to the points value I was assigned. I also tried core, but was unable to figure out when I was "moderately full"... I did greysheet (which is a 12 step program, that's 3 meals a day with nothing in between- and once you commit your food there are no food changes for that day)... And I did well on that, but when I fell off... I really FELL OFF!!

So, I'm going to try calorie counting, and I'm setting my daily target pretty high to start. I've been averaging a gain of about 4# a week for the last 7 weeks, and binging like a maniac. So, I'm going to start at 1800 calories a day for a week and see if I lose. If I do, I'll continue. If not, I'll knock it down 100. I also plan on adding very mild exercise into my life, 3 x a week. (I have moderate to severe fibromyalgia pain, so some days are better than others)

Anyway, I just wanted to get out of the shadows and say hello.

I am looking forward to this journey. I'm on day 2 and just had a very hearty breakfast. Here's a link to my journal on CalorieKing for anyone interested:

http://www.calorieking.com/public/?member=serenescales

Thanks so much,
Nicole
BunnyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:42 AM   #2  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm new to calorie counting too, but it sounds like you've got a good plan, good luck! We can do it!
MangoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/139

Height: 5'6"

Welcome

Also make sure you visit and post here often for support.

Lori
lorilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:33 PM   #4  

Just wanted to wish you good luck, and hang in there you will find something that works for you. I hope it's calorie counting.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:25 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Good start! Sounds like you have a solid plan. I love calorie counting. I can't imagine any other plan that I could do for the rest of my life! If you have any questions, just let us know. There are many experienced calorie counters here at 3FC - in fact many, many of those members at goal got there by counting calories
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #6  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

One of the big things with calorie counting is to make sure you are getting the required amounts of the four basic food groups in. You are what you eat as they say.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote