Old 12-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/see ticker/120

Height: 5.1

Default Am New

Im new, although I have been reading the posts here for several weeks. The goal page is so inspirational . over the past 7 years I have gained 30 lbs I have struggled with my weight forever. and have been down this road to many times to count. I just started my own catering company i have been a chef for 20 years. I have lost 7 lbs over the past month using dietwatch calorie counting I could use all the support i can get
Jill
siren20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/139

Height: 5'6"

Welcome - being a chef must be a blessing and a curse. A blessing because you are in the ideal position to try new and exciting healthy foods. I am going to cook a butternut squash tonight for the very first time and it probably took me an hour to determine how to buy and cook one (I can be a bit overanalytical). The curse of course is that you are always around food. When I am feeling good that is not an issue for me but when I am stressed and emotional it is a mindfield.

Glad to have you here - Lori
lorilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:34 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

siren20,

One advantage of calorie counting is that you have more leeway about what kinds of foods you will eat. Nothing is really out of bounds (unless you want it to be, of course).

Glad to see you here!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/see ticker/120

Height: 5.1

Hi thanks for responding your both right being a chef has its ups and downs
I do love calorie counting I leave room every day for a sliver if cake
Me biggest problem so far is I am having a hard time eating enough calories I I am trying so hard to eat tons of veggies and they really fill me up at the end of most days im around 900 cals help i know if i platto ill have no were to go
thanks Jill
siren20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:32 PM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Not only will you have nowhere to go...but chances are you aren't getting enuf nutrients at 900 cals a day. Add something like nuts or natural peanut butter or avocado for a healthy high cal snack.

You don't have a lot to lose - are you doing any kind of exercise? A little toning can go a long way.

Glad to see you out of lurk mode.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #6  

welcome siren!
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote