Old 08-16-2007, 02:23 PM   #1  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Default How do you calculate regurgitating?

Alright, so...I've been getting sick to my stomach the last few mornings and this afternoon I actually got sick and threw up the half of a sub I had just eaten along with my orange soda.

I'm at a stand-still at how to count this on thedailyplate. *raises an eyebrow* I mean...it literally came up RIGHT after eating it. I thought it was something like your body absorbs 1/3 of the calories or something like that?

Help me out guys. I know I'm going to be hungry again later...I think I may be having morning sickness. *shhhhh*
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

If you're having morning sickness, I think worrying about calories etc is a moot point
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #3  
I DO have a BellyButton!

yeah, but until I know for sure what it is....I'd like to know how to track them still. Even if I was pregnant....I would be tracking calorie intake. I can't imagine not doing it. I'm still not feeling well...this is so strange.

*sigh*
Old 08-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

OMG, Sheila is preggers!!!!

If you're feeling sick, you're unlikely to overeat anyway, so I'd go ahead and count what you eat as though you were actually digesting the food.

Be kind to yourself.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #5  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffled111 View Post
OMG, Sheila is preggers!!!!

If you're feeling sick, you're unlikely to overeat anyway, so I'd go ahead and count what you eat as though you were actually digesting the food.

Be kind to yourself.
SHHHHHHHHHH!!! I was hoping to lose some weight before I got preggers....maybe I"m just having sympathy pains? My best friend who is like my sister had her baby last week and I've been up to the hospital helping to care for the baby through her surgeries and such and i"ve grown really attached. Maybe sympathy? I hope so. lol.

Okay, I will count the food...wasn't that much anyhow. I think it's time for some vegetable soup and a couple crackers. *sigh*
Old 08-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Be sure to drink lots of water to not get dehydrated. If you are puking (and not prego) you must have the flu or something. When your body is fighting to get better, I'm not sure it's the time to worry about food intake.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

If I were you, I'd pop down to the pharmacy (or dispatch my bf) pronto for a test. If you're feeling symptoms already, surely one of those 5-day tests would be able to work its magic.

It would be nice to know whether you're pregnant, sick or just in the midst of sympathy morning sickness!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #8  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffled111 View Post
If I were you, I'd pop down to the pharmacy (or dispatch my bf) pronto for a test. If you're feeling symptoms already, surely one of those 5-day tests would be able to work its magic.

It would be nice to know whether you're pregnant, sick or just in the midst of sympathy morning sickness!
I've actually been meaning to go to the docs to get some bloodwork done instead....more accurate. My hormones are weird and could cause a test to be negative when I am pregnant or positive when I'm not.

I will drink lots of water! That will be my goal for today. Although I had gotten this huge craving for a Tim Hortons Iced Cap made with chocolate milk so I got a small one. only about 240 calories...and when you think about what I haven't eaten yet today it's not going to kill me.

I'm not feeling too sick anymore....just in the mornings and then the afternoon it seems to disapate (sp?) Crazy woman body..
Old 08-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Regardless of what it is, it's not typical to be sick every morning. Go to the doctor and see if he or she can figure it out.

If you are pregnant, it is not the time for weight loss. You'll need to eat enough nutrients to feed yourself and your growing baby.

So, go find out!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #10  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Regardless of what it is, it's not typical to be sick every morning. Go to the doctor and see if he or she can figure it out.

If you are pregnant, it is not the time for weight loss. You'll need to eat enough nutrients to feed yourself and your growing baby.

So, go find out!

Jay
Ma'am, yes Ma'am!!

I am making an appointment for Tuesday morning. I have to go out of town this weekend. HOpefully I don't feel this way in the morning while traveling. ick....if I do, I will most likely be stopping at the drugstore. I mean...at least maybe I can get an accurate reading.

I just ate some grapes and I seem to be doing fine. I believe in being able to lose weight while prego though. I think it's takes a lot more caution, but can be done. I wouldn't do it without my doctors guidance though.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Very few doctors would recommend weight loss during pregnancy. My mother weighed about 230 with both of my two sisters. With one, she gained 8 lbs, and the other she lost 2 (this is the weight before the baby was born, not after, so she actually lost weight with both pregnancies). Her doctor badgered her, her entire pregnancy to try to eat more, because she wasn't gaining enough. He had her on double doses of pregnancy vitamins out of fear that the babies wouldn't get enough. With her first pregnancy (my brother and I were adopted, so this was pregnancy #1, but child #3), my sister was born premature, but healthy). With her second pregnancy, my youngest sister was born very premature, and was in the intensive care preemie ward for nearly a month). Her weight loss during pregnancy was probably the biggest factor.

She wasn't trying to diet, she was just so sick with morning sickness (well all day sickness) throughout the pregnancy.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:39 PM   #12  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Wow, that's awful colleen. I was just watching a report on the news the other day where a woman had lost 40 lbs during her pregnancy. Hmmm....I haven't really researched it much yet. I know it's like "Duh, should've thought about this before", but I really wanted to get my weight off before thinking about pregnancy. I'm on Metformin and progesterone as my birth control (I get migraines w/oras so that's the only bc in pill form that is allowable for me) They wanted to use the pill to decrease the wall thickness on my uterus (thick from not having periods for 2 years). They did say that I was more fertile while on metformin....I guess we'll find out just how fertile in a few days. *sigh*

So, it's not like I was TRYING to get pregnant... I guess it happens like that sometimes though.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:30 PM   #13  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Sheila hon, I love it when you salute like that!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm sure your doctor will help you determine what's best for you, whatever the situation turns out to be. Every situation is probably different, and I can't tell you what is typical, just wanted to share our family's experience. I should have made that more clear, because whenever a woman is pregnant or considering becoming pregnant, she becomes a "horror story magnet," and I didn't mean to start that ball rolling.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:35 AM   #15  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

kaplods, I agree with you- trying to lose weight while being pregnant is a no no. Stay within a calorie limit that is healthy for you and the baby- yes, but cutting down calories to lose weight- no. I won't write experiences here that I know of first hand that happened to babies when their Moms dieted, but let's just say, it affects the babies and not in a positive way- from being born prematurely to learning disabilities among other things.

Please don't diet until you find out if you are pregnant or not. PLEASE. You just don't want to go through what several of my friends are still living through to this day, over being vain about their weight while being pregnant.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote