Old 07-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default How Can I cook Chicken??

I have no idea how to cook my cchicken breasts. IVe used my george foreman, but I think that way is even worst. Because I cant tell when its done, and I get scared its not cooked so I overcook it, and its soo dry. Can I put them in the oven or on the grill maybe in some tinfoil. Im not sure how to make them to actually be good.
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

They are done when the juices run clear when you cut into one. This recipe is great.. here is my modification:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Ro...en/Detail.aspx

I use one can of cream of chicken and herb soup and mix it with a splash of milk first to thin it out (2%) before pouring it over the chicken. I also use light sour cream. It makes an amazing gravy and is delicious over egg noodles.
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/199/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

I cook my (boneless, skinless) chicken breasts on my George Foreman grill with a sprinkle of onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and they don't come out dry at all. I use medium heat for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness. Maybe you're leaving them on too long and that's what's drying them?
OH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:36 AM   #4  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

I love to take mine and cut them up into small strips fry them in a pan with canola oil spray and season them with mexican spices. Then add bell peppers and sweet onions sliced into strips and fry til edges brown,mmmm fajitas!

I eat mine on a corn tortilla also pan fried with a spray of oil til its really warm and little bubbles kinda come up.
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

One thing I learned recently is to brine chicken breasts before cooking them on the grill. It makes a huge difference, they are tender and stay very moist. Brining consists of soaking the breasts in a salt and water solution before grilling. Some recipes call for sugar also, but I don't use that. You can also add other things to the solution for added flavor. Brining is said to work well for pork chops also, but I haven't tried that yet. You will find instructions and lots of recipes if you google "brining chicken breasts".
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:14 AM   #6  

Smile how to cook chicken

I like to take boneless chicken breasts and marinate them in fat free italian or zesty italian dressing for several hours or overnight in fridge. Place on grill. Scrum De Lish us!! I went on a calorie counting diet with low cholestrol and this taste Very well with salads, roll-up's or just by themselves!! I limit my calories to 800 to 900 daily so you can fill up and not get loads of calories!! or cholestrol!!
gatlinsdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:18 AM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Here is a super-easy, super versatile chicken recipe. Since the chicken is stewed, you don't have to worry about overcooking it or it drying out.

Easy Chicken Adobo
1/2 tsp olive oil
24 oz chicken
3 cloves garlic (or 3 tsp minced garlic from a jar)
2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tsp whole peppercorns (or 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground pepper if you don't like whole peppercorns)
1 bay leaf

Saute chicken in oil over med-high heat in non-stick frying pan until browned. Add garlic and saute a few minutes more. Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove cover, increase heat to med-high and continue to cook until sauce is reduced (another 10-15 min), stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf before serving.

4 servings. If made with chicken breasts, each serving is 210 calories each (5g fat, 9g carbs, 33g protein).

Varations: You can cut the chicken up or leave it whole. You could use chicken thighs or drumsticks instead of breasts. You could even use pork tenderloin instead of chicken. You could also add all sorts of veggies to it (I've tried it with leeks and also with onions and peppers--both came out great). Carrots, onions, celery, snow peas, eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, greens, etc. would also be good in it (basically any veggie you would put in a stir fry). If the veggies take a long time to cook, you add them in the beginning after browning the chicken. If the veggies cook quickly, add them at the very end, after you uncover it for the final cooking stage. The longer you cook it, the more the sauce will cook down. I cooked it until the sauce was almost completely gone, but if you like a little more sauce, stop cooking a little sooner.

I served it with wild rice, but it would also be good with brown rice or asian noodles.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote