Old 07-31-2007, 04:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I agree with Robin on this one--while you're losing, don't eat your exercise calories.

Btw, how many calories are you thinking of shooting for? I'd imagine that you could do quite nicely on 1800-2200. But it's all about trial and error, and you're going to have to see how many calories you need to eat to lose consistently. All those online calculators are just guesstimates.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:54 PM   #17  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Thanks guys for the guidance. I really appreciate it. That calculator was driving me nuts! But it did make me realize JUST how much I'm doing. I love doing good to my body.

Today went REALLY well. I totalled 1,752 calories for the day, and I think I'm going to shoot for 1,800-2,100. The 2,100 being on my weight-lifting days. I really feel as though I can eat comfortably without even feeling like I'm restricting myself. For instance...this morning I had TWO servings of Special K Red Berry this morning with a cup of vanilla soy milk. It tasted SOOOOOO good to EAT something for breakfast instead of drinking a shake. I felt so spoiled. Then I also had a banana and 2 pieces of toast that came to 70 calories for both slices. I was nice and full with that along with a nice big glass of water.

I still eat my two pieces of dove dark chocolate a day and found that it doesn't impede on my eating other things at all. That's only 84 of my daily calories. I got almost 100 grams of protein today between the chicken, shrimp, special K and toast. I also felt I had a TON more energy.

Tonight I made this FABULOUS dinner with steamed Long Grain Basmati rice and then I sauteed onions, red pepper flakes, a ts. of olive oil, 1 cup FF beef broth, a tad lite soy sauce, garlic, ginger along with some shrimp. Then I softened some broccoli and put it all on top of the rice. Of course I measured everything and put a LOT of broccoli on it. It was a great dinner for under 350 calories!!

This is great guys...I have so much more energy today. Thing is...I feel like I'm eating constantly..lol. I guess that's a part of life
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:37 AM   #18  

Everyone is right!!! PLAN< PLAN PLAN and keep your journal EVERY DAY!! Write down any and all calories that go into your mouth!! Drink LOTS of water me I hate water so I tried Aquifina grape and now I am hooked! Water will also keep your skin hydrated to keep from getting the "sick" look from alot of weight loss! Also exercise! I have "tried" many diets and have had success but all other diets became stale and boring. Calorie counting is much funner to do because you can eat anything as long as you count! It reminds me of shopping without spending money! It also helps lower cholestrol! Mine was 276 May 9 this year now it is 170!! and am 45 lbs. lighter!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!
gatlinsdoll is offline   Reply With Quote