Old 04-26-2007, 06:56 PM   #1  
MEL

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'2

Default Lunch Ideas???

Hey ladies..
I am in need of lunch ideas that are around 400 cals. I figured everyone could share their lunch ideas. Thanks!!
par12199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:09 PM   #2  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

One thing that I do that I think is yummy I get this "flatbread" the name brand is "Flatout" its 90cals, then I put lettuce ( maybe 7 cals) teaspoon or less of mayo ( as a sealant so that the wrap doesnt get mushy) about 30 cals , lean turkey breast 60 cals and tomato 10 cals, and cucumber (10cals)

then I take light honey mustard dressing (1tbsp) 30..

Whole wrap.. 230 cals.. and oh so yummy
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:55 PM   #3  

Height: 5ft7in

My favorite this week :
1/2 Lrg ww pita
1 tbls peanut butter
1/2 lrg bananna
mix together however you see fit,
2 clausun dill pickle halves.
290 cal.
ThePickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Here are a few of my favorites:
  • Tuscan Tuna Salad: 1 oz chopped fennel, 2 oz chopped onion, 2 oz chopped roasted red pepper, 2 Bumble Bee meskite tuna steaks, 2 tbsp dijon mustard, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar. (Makes 4 servings) Serve on you favorite bread with whatever side (salad, fruit, soy crisps) fits in you calorie plan.
  • Spaghetti Squash: 8 to 10 oz Spaghetti squash with 1/2 cup marinara sauce, onions, basil, and 1 link turkey sausage.
  • Indian: Pre-packaged Indian meals (vacuum-sealed, not frozen) over 1 cup brown rice.
  • Pita Pizzas: One whole wheat pita with whatever sort of pizza toppings you want on it. I get very creative (lite goat cheese, turkey, and raspberry chipotle sauce is one of my favorites).
  • Egg and Salmon Salad: 1 hardboiled egg, 3 hard-boiled egg whites (feed the yolks to the birds or toss them), 1.5 tbsp lowfat ricotta, 1.5 tbsp nonfat yogurt, 1 tsp dijon mustard, 1 tsp fresh chives, 1 can salmon. (Makes 2 servings) Serve on your favorite bread.
  • Tuna Pasta Salad: 1 oz pasta, 2 oz avocado, 1/2 Bumble Bee Meskite Tuna Fillet, 2 tbsp snipped chives, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp lemon juice.
  • Lemon Ricotta Pasta: 2 oz pasta, 1/4 cup lowfat ricotta, 1 tsp grated lemon rind, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or other herb, salt and pepper to taste. Throw in a couple ounces of your favorite cooked veggie if you want.
  • Turkey, Avocado, Hummus Sandwich: 2 oz turkey, 1 oz mashed avocado, 2 tbsp hummus, 1 oz thinly sliced cucumber, dijon mustard, alfafa sprouts all on your favorite whole wheat bread. 1 oz roasted red pepper would also be a good addition to the sandwich.

Some of those are probably around 250-300 calories; add a piece of fruit, yogurt or cottage cheese, or soy crisps if you need a few more calories.

Those tuna and salman fillets that come in the pouches are also really good and super easy. Sometimes I just have that with a salad or fruit.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I fell in love with Chipotle burritos, so I make mine without all the fat and calories. I heat up brown rice, black beans, and chopped chiken breast in a bowl, then add fresh salsa (the kind you buy in the produce section, not the jars filled with runny tomato paste), guacamole, and fat-free shredded cheddar cheese. I also sometimes add chopped romaine lettuce.

now, when I have the above, I have a LOT of it (1 cup rice, 1/2 cup black beans, quite a bit of chicken, etc.), so mine comes to about 600 calories. When I need to reduce calories in the future, though, I'll just cut back on the rice and beans and add more lettuce--still amazingly delicious and soooooo filling (lots of protein and fiber).

I've been making it for my fiance for his work lunches as well, and he is simply amazed that when he has it for lunch at about 11am, he's still not hungry yet when he gets home at 5pm (he used to be RAVENOUS the minute he walked in the door).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #6  
it's always something

I love a bowl of soup and a half of a veggie sandwich on whole wheat bread. It's very satisfying and usually comes in at or under 400 cal.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

-I love 1 Morning Star Farms Chick Pattie with about 3 cups of cooked cauliflower. It fills me for hours @ about 250 calories. I probably eat this about 4 or 5 times a week. Have been for months and months now. I never tire of it.

Some others:

-1 3oz. can of tuna in water. A sliced red pepper, a sliced cucumber, 2 -17 calorie skinny multi-grain rice cakes, 5 -10 almonds
-1 3 oz. piece of salmon fillet, baked with lots of roasted green beans or any other veggies.
-a big salad with cut up grilled chicken breast
- a flat out wrap with tuna, lettuce, tomatoes and onion
-Spaghetti squash baked in the oven, with lots of sauteed onions, portabello mushrooms, red and green peppers, spinach and lots of fresh garlic. Add a little marinara and mix together. I make a bunch of this at a time and put it in containers and have it for a few days. I just heat it up in a pot. Or the microwave. Sometimes I saute cut up chicken breast with it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I feel very boring! All I ever eat for lunch are last night's leftovers. Lol! If there are no leftovers I just make a sandwich or burrito. Maybe I should mix it up a bit; these are all great ideas.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I eat lots of leftovers as well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:51 PM   #10  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I usually eat salad with the leftover protein from dinner or salad with a frozen or if I am sick of salad I ALWAYS have veggie soup in the freezer.

I dont think I could manage actual food prep at lunch. I hate when I dont have enough salad veggies leftover and have to cut more.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #11  

well i have a self magazine and it tells all the snacks that are 10 calories like 1 large celery stick is excatly 10 calories and i really reccomend the sugar free jello its 10 calories.
thickmami150 is offline   Reply With Quote