Old 03-15-2007, 12:33 AM   #1  
Nicker

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Question Lack of sleep and weight gain??

Does anyone notice that you either gain or not lose when you don't get enough sleep?

Since I started this plan 10 weeks ago I have not went over on my calories (average of 1450 calories per day over the week). Two weeks ago I seemed to be getting to bed later and I was really tired and I had a bad week loss wise 0.6 pounds. Last week I got to bed early most nights and had a great loss week 3.5 pounds.

Last night I got to bed late and this morning I was up 1.5 pounds. I drank 3 litres of water yesterday and I was on plan (even if I was off plan it wasn't by the 4200 calories it would take to gain 1.5 pounds). It isn't TOM. TOM doesn't happen for me.

Better get to bed. I would really appreciate any feedback.
Nicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

I'm wondering that since some nights you don't get enough sleep that maybe your body doesn't have enough energy to metabolize the calories you eat.

I don't know, just a hunch. I'll have to look it up.
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

As many 3FC members have said, weight loss is not linear. One week you lose nothing, then the next week a couple of pounds. The correlations are not necessarily as clear as we would like, though overall calories in v. out seems to add up to equal amounts of weight loss OVER TIME.

I've read that people eat more when they don't get enough sleep, and I can definitely attest to eating more junky type foods when exhausted. That is not the case with you however.

Hey, if you think getting more sleep means more weight loss, then yes, get to bed earlier so you can watch that scale go down!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

post posted twice so deleted duplicate
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote