Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #1  

Default need protein ideas for breakfast

I need some ideas for protein for breakfast.

Just eating breakfast has been a big change for me & I would like to try a higher protein breakfast now. Would prefer a lower point breakfast since I am not a big breakfast eater. I do NOT like eggs.

I printed several of the breakfast sausage recipes here & will try those.

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:43 PM   #2  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi.....what about mixing up in the blender a nice protein smoothie? The added protein powder to milk (or juice), and fresh fruit will really fill you up. Another great idea, is a serving of yogurt with a sliced banana. One of my fave's is....2 special K ff waffles, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, sf syrup and a generous sprinkle of cinnimon. Good luck....
Old 02-23-2006, 08:39 PM   #3  

Kashi has oatmeal now. It's called GoLean Hearty All Natural Instrant Hot Cereal with CLusters - Honey CInnamon flavored . ONe serving has 5g fiber, 8g protein, 150 calories, 2g fat. I like to top it with a few thin sliced almonds or a few walnuts to add some protein.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

If you like tofu, you can make a really cool scrambled egg substitute. Just mash up a block of tofu and cook it like you would scrambled eggs or ground beef. I always add lots of spices too.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:48 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Here is one of my favourite recipes, it has eggwhites but you can't taste them at all... I have no idea of the points, as I don't do WW but my GFs who do WW love them...

1/3c oatmeal
1/3c egg whites
1/3c cottage cheese
Vanilla and Splenda to taste...

Blend till smooth, cook like a pancake, makes a 2-3 small pancake or one large pancake...

217 calories
2g fat
26g carbs
3g fibre
23g protein...

You can make them ahead of time and reheat them when needed...
Old 02-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default I made Fantastic Foods Tofu Scrambler last night ...

The last time I made it, my H, who is a vegetarian and has been for more than 12 years, didn't like it. So I looked on the FF website and found this idea: Saute up some green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes in a little olive oil. Add the tofu and scramble it around, cook for three minutes, add 1/2 c. water and the FF Scrambler packet. Then dump in some salsa and Fat Free Cheddar and heat it all up. Serve with whole wheat tortillas. My husband loved it, as did my 24-y/o son, who is not a vegetarian but likes to bodybuild as a hobby and eats high protein every day.
Closed Thread