Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 11-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #1  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

Default ew.

I've been taking comparison shots once a week of my stomach and other problem areas and I've noticed that instead of getting better, they're getting worse.

My stomach looks like a huge bowl of cottage cheese, and so do my thighs and bottom.

I've added strength training in with my walking and I still do situps and pilates. Is this temporary? Or am I forever to look like large curd?
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

I feel the SAME way! I don't remember jiggling this much and I jiggle everywhere and my thighs look like cottage cheese. It really sucks. I guess time will tell the outcome. Hopefully some will chime in with some positive stories.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #3  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

Do you run? Running tones up the body nicely.
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #4  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

I felt that same way...everything is/was loose...But it does get better, as you settle into your weight. It took my stomache and legs 6 months after I stopped losing to be less jiggly. Still is...just not as much

We can't predict how our bodies will settle and handle the weight gain and loss....but it does get better

Quote:
Do you run? Running tones up the body nicely.
Agreed...In addiction to it being good for your cardiovascular system, it tones alot of muscle groups, and helps along yoru weight loss...

Last edited by baker23; 11-27-2012 at 05:07 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #5  
Fear does not = fate

Running hurts my knees and ankles. So no, but I do walk for 60-90 minutes at around 2.5 mph with an incline
Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #6  
Fear does not = fate

That's great news, baker! It was disappointing to see that and I'm not going to stop losing for a long while yet
Old 11-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #7  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

Yes it gets better. Now I'm much less lumpy but I have a ton of loose skin that is going to need taken care of. Lifting as heavy as I can is definitely helping with the thigh issue. Before I started they were really sad and droopy and now it's barely noticeable and that's only in 2 months of weight training.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #8  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

It gets better. Losing more body fat so it is just skin instead of lumpy subcutaneous deposits helps, as does skin brushing, strength training, and the like.

But the best cure is TIME. I spent a lot of time super morbidly obese. My body isn't going to look like a 150 woman who wasn't once 250 and more. It just isn't, and such an expectation is completely unrealistic. That said, I can still be the best ME out there, lumpy and saggy and everything. And once I took that attitude up I not only felt a lot better, but I realized that in the space of even just a year I LOOK better, too. Skin is very resilient, some more than others. But time has helped a whole lot, doing the extra bit that resettling my expectations didn't
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

I heard as you lose weight you generally become more "jiggly" in areas of your body and its normal. once you stop losing weight it'll get back to normal.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #10  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Only time will tell, but in the mean time you can do things like heavy weight lifting to help reduce the appearance of loose skin.

I've been losing really slowly, and whenever I have a drop I notice my tummy looks gross and wrinkly but then when I stall for awhile it seems to smooth out. It can take a year for your skin to keep shrinking after you are done losing weight.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #11  
Fear does not = fate

Apparently it's something only I noticed, because my husband looked at me like I had grown two heads.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #12  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I get that a lot too :P Or sometimes it's obvious he is just agreeing so I don't go on about it.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote