Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 10-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #1  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Default do I really look *that* different?!

Since getting into my 120s, I have started receiving WAY more attention.

Getting under 150lbs I notice I start getting hit on more, turn some heads while walking, etc. On my frame, that has always seemed like the magical number regarding attention being drawn to myself.

However, after losing the last 20lbs...something major has changed. I was walking around Philly today in a skirt, stockings and knee high boots (first time in my life these fit over my calves!!!!) and I seriously was turning so many heads I had to look down to make sure....I had pants on...and like I didnt have a huge tear in my shirt exposing my left breast or something...it was really very very odd. And seriously freaked me out!

Got me wondering though. Do I really LOOK that different, or am I just carrying myself so different. Maybe both...dont know.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Yup, you do. You *do look that different! And, of course, there *is probably a strut in your stuff, but, hey, you GO, girl! You've earned it.

Speaking from experience, and even at my tender age(tongue-in-cheek), when I maintained 131-132#s for six months, things were *way different. At 5'7" and 145#s, I am "normal", but at 132#, things were *way different. *sigh. I will get back there; I will! And it's not about attention, not at all; it's about being at the "right" size for me. I don't think it had anything to do with attitude, as I definitely felt *smaller, not *hot..I just think it was the best weight for me. As for getting back there, *watch me!

And btw, ENJOY! You've come along way, baby!
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #3  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

How awesome! You totally deserve it. I'm with maryblu - I'm sure it's a combination of both looking different and rocking what you have.
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

It is a weird feeling...for sure. I don't know how all those little tiny hot chicks in skin tight low riding jeans and string bikinis stand the looks actually. It really makes me uncomfortable, but some chicks think the trashier the better!

I'm 45 years old. 140 pound size 6 with a saggy butt, and last weekend we went to Stillwater, OK to the NU/OSU football game. We ended up right next to the Cornhusker Marching/pep band and I got sweetly sorta hit on by a couple trumpet players and the Drum major (HOT dude) kept looking at me and smiling. TO tell you the truth I felt a little like Mrs. Robinson.

I do have to say though, you are really lucky to be that small and not look ill. We are the same height and if I were to weigh 126 I'd look like death warmed over. You can already see all my bones, and my husband gets a little freaked out by my hip bones, rib cage and vertebra.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 10-30-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 PM   #5  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Lori Bell - hahaha, I love love love that you got hit on by the band, awesome! re: this weight/looking sick..I think its largely the muscle I carry that helps me not look ill. Though the bones do poke out. You can see all my ribs front and back at all time (I carry weight in my legs really).

Thanks everyone for the supportive comments. I guess I am still adjusting to being this weight and the attention a bit!
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

aw, that must be amazing for your self confidence! i can't wait to get there lol
skylinedrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:35 PM   #7  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
I'm 45 years old. 140 pound size 6 with a saggy butt
Lori, I must be your older "twin" sister! I'm exactly the same!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:38 AM   #8  
Nutella Girl

S/C/G: 197 / 135 / 140

Height: 5'5''

I definitely noticed it starting a few months ago. Once I hit the "normal" BMI range for the first time in my life (so maybe it was a bit psychological).
I was so used to being ignored in all my classes and all of a sudden, guys were looking at me and chatting me up. It feels so bizarre.

Last edited by imperialistic; 02-18-2014 at 04:38 PM.
imperialistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #9  
You'll be given love...

S/C/G: 328/283/140.00

Height: 5'5

I can only wonder what this may be like. D8 I've only turned a head or two and it was followed shortly by "Lol, Big Girl" or something.

But yeah, you probably do look that different! Has it been strange for you? I wanna pick your brain. I'm always curious about how it feels to go from large to small!
Nebuchadnezzar is offline   Reply With Quote