Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 08-25-2010, 11:05 PM   #1  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Default How did you know when to stop?

Now that I'm 2/3rds of the way to my goal I'm starting to wonder if 18 more pounds is going to get my body the way I want it to look.

My legs and arms are much thinner and have nice developing muscles, but I seem to still carry quite a bit of wait in the gut area :S

I also know I've still got over 5 months of New Rules for Women to do so I'm thinking I could probably maintiain weight but shrink with the weight lifting and that could improve my stomach area.

I'm just thinking about a lot right now. I know I could always alter my goal later on, I just don't want to get to too low of a weight.

How did you know when to stop? Did you stop and decide you wanted to lose more/gain back some?
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:41 AM   #2  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I stopped at 140 because I look and feel
great. It's a personal decision. Everyone's body
is different. For me and my frame, even going
below 130 will probably be too much for me.

But still, I can't help but be curious at what
I'll look like at 120, ya know? It's ultimately
what you're comfortable doing.

Last edited by Ciao; 08-26-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #3  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I struggle with this too! I'm pushing myself to lose the last 7 pounds or so...but realistically, I'm like...will it even matter? And I'm scared I won't be happy then, either. I've been considering this a lot lately and I'm playing with maintenance just to see if I can settle where I am and be content. I think for so long, I've been pursuing the PERFECT body and my DREAM weight and GOAL size that I've sort of set myself up for failure. I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that there will probably always be things about my body that need work and that I don't like and that this is the case for the large majority of women. I guess I always thought that the women who had bodies I envied really were perfect...but under their clothes, that is probably not true.

I'm also carrying some belly weight and it's frustrating. I've toned up and slimmed down everywhere but there and sometimes I feel pregnant or like an egg on legs...but this is a trouble zone for everyone, I think.

I'm avoiding the scale for right now and trying to learn to just be in tune with my body and make healthy choices because it's the right thing to do and not in pursuit of some number on the scale.

Good luck to you1
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #4  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Egg on legs! That's how I feel! Haha, I never knew how to describe it. I've always had big thighs and really curvy, but since losing inches in my legs and arms I have that egg look.

I guess I'm just confused, I don't know what to look for or what would be best for me. Health is obviouslly a factor and I'd like to be a healthy weight and size. But I'm worried about taking it too far, or not going to my full potential.

I guess if I keep up with NRoL4W, I still have about 5 months left and I hope to lose the last 18 pounds by then. Maybe this program will do what I'm looking for. I'm not looking to be an extremely low weight, but have a fit, healthy and nice body.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote