Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 05-28-2007, 05:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Question Fat all over

Hey

Sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong thread - I've had a look around and couldn't see anywhere that specifically seemed to be the right place so apologies if this is wrong.

It's just a query thats bugging me I guess. I've been changing my ways since january 2nd 2007. I exercise every other day no excuses and do a mixture of cross trainer, bike, stepper, rowing and weights.

So far I've lost 55 pounds - I still have another 75 to go but I'm concerned that as I lose the weight I'm going to have skin hanging there and won't be able to do anything about it. I've recently started to do crunches (my belly kinda got in the way a bit before) and I'm working hard and I know there's no way of 'targeting' certain areas of the body but has anyone got any advice? Anyone lost weight and was left with skin? Is the only option surgery (I know I haven't hit goal yet but I worry that if surgery is the only option where does that leave the future with having children etc?)

Sorry for such a long post
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

oooh ok thanks so much for your reply meg - sorry didn't see this section before
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #3  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

That is one of the topics that this forum is all about!!

I agree with Meg. Just read, read, read the threads in this forum including the Weight Loss and Skin FAQ http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040 for answers to your question and then some!!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yup, I'd rather have some loose skin (which is undectable in clothing) and be at a healthy and fit weight, then be morbidly obese with tight skin. Without a doubt. Any day of the week.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote