The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/268/180

Default I've lost motivation

hey girls!! well..............i have to say it............i have totally lost all motivation to lose weight............to eat right.............to exercise.............I have NO clue what happened!!! I want to lose weight..............but it's like.............I dont wanna do the work............god this sucks!!! I don't know if it is because........everyone else around me eats whatever they want...........doesn't have to exercise or what...........i feel sooo alone through all of this!!! Not saying that you guys don't give me strength cause you do!! but.............when everyone around you is just like............whatever.............i feel soo crappy!!!! I dont know what i need to do to get back into this..............its like i need someone i can check in with everyday........i dont know!!! GOD this is killing me.............im sooo sorry ladies
Old 02-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #2  
Melissa

S/C/G: 202/178/125

OH Tiffany, I definetly know how you feel! I have been there several times myself! but now that im getting married in 8 months.. I need to keep my motivation!
If you have MSN you can add me, and I will be your buddy!
its the only messenger service I have,

we can do this together!!!!
my e-mail for MSN is [email protected]
Old 02-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi ethsmommy -

I'm not sure how to give you your motivation back....maybe try to remember why you started in the first place? Or how good it feels to notice the positive changes in your body from working out and eating right. Or what you will look like in a year if you go back to making bad food choices and not exercising?
You have to know that you deserve to be healthy - and the only way to get there is to keep going. You are not alone - most of us here have been where you are many times. The key for me is - keep the faith...I just came off a very long plateau....it was annoying - but I knew that quitting wasn't the answer. Maybe try to make small goals for yourself - baby steps you know you can acheive. Then reward yourself - it might bring back your motivation.
I like to check out the success forum, too! Nothing like bogarting someone else's high...
Old 02-23-2006, 09:31 AM   #4  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Yeah ethsmommy - I too know what you are going through. And the advice these ladies have given you is great. What motivated you in the first place, see if you can't find some more of that. Also, you don't have to be perfect. You just have to improve a little to make a difference. Baby steps are often the most direct way to reach your ultimate goal. I hate that we can't link inspirational web addresses here. There is a woman named Skwigg that has a blog. If you google her, a few days ago she posted a great plan for people in your position that allows for a lot of wiggle room, but is still will help you get where you want to be going. Good luck sweetie and a big hug to you. It took me 10 years to lose 40 lbs., 7 months to lose the next 40. You know, that 10 years was too long, but even so I was so much better off for having done it no matter how slow.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268/268/180

thanks ladies for all your support!! it means a lot to me!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 02:40 PM   #6  

try something different.

get a new exercise vid. or book and do that for a while.

it sounds like you're still motivated to lose weight, you're here posting about it. that tells me something. it sounds like you're just bored right now.

if you want PM me your email address and i'll add you to my messenger. i'm not on all the time but every little kick in the butt helps right?