The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-01-2005, 10:47 AM   #1  

Default The Firm

I'm posting this here because I heard about this from the biggest loser website. In the before/after pics that are sent in from viewers, a lot of people are saying they lost weight with WW (Or another plan) and The Firm. What is this, I have never heard of The Firm.
So if you know what this is, do you have it? Is it worth the cost? ETC.
As Always, thanks for your help.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:59 AM   #2  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

The Firm is a series of workout videos that incorporate weight lifting and cardio. If you like videos they are good. I used to do them and enjoyed them.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:07 PM   #3  
Determined

You can find a bunch of their videos on collagevideo.com. Most just require a step/or hand weights. They're find of fast pased circuit training (but mostly focused on weight lifting) videos. I like them, you can definitely feel that they worked afterward, especially the ab tape. Most are kind of old fashioned though, so prepare for leg warmers, leotards and lots of blue make up!
Old 12-01-2005, 12:09 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Julie - you might also want to check out our Fitness Videos subforum for feedback and info on the Firm and other exercise videos...just a tip

Also - try your local library, many of them carry exercise videos which you can check out and try out for free - or rent them from Netflix or Blockbuster. (I'm a HUGE advocate of "try before you buy")
Old 12-05-2005, 08:30 PM   #5  

i love the firm and i do highly recommend it. they have so many videos to choose from (from 80s stuff up to 2005 releases) it's impossible to get bored.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #6  
On my way!

I do the firm 5 x's a week, I absolutely love it! The changes I have seen since I first starting using their routines are amazing.