3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Winning by Losing Check-Ins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/67176-winning-losing-check-ins.html)

tobethinner 10-28-2005 03:59 PM

Hi Ladies,

Been a few days since I've posted. Started workouts on Mon. but didn't really concentrate on cal until yesterday.
I am very surprised about how hard the workouts are. I can run 5 miles in under an hour but I can barely manage 1 min. of jumping jacks. I was also so very sore after Mon. but by today things are getting easier.
I have a hard time keeping track of everybody, sorry:(
Congrats to the person who lost two pounds.

I usually weigh daily but would like to have an official weigh in day as well so I can keep better track of my weight loss.

Sorry to the person about the pop tarts I can relate. Remeber I said I didn't keep track of cal until yesterday. You don't want to know what I ate on Tues and Wed. and I didn't want to either.

I'll try and post as often as I can but it is hard because I only have a hoem computer and by the end of the day I just want snuggle time from dh. I do read more often but limited time prevents me from posting.

Thanks for setting this up. I really feel inspired by you guys!! I wouldn't have found out about Jillians book if it wasn't for this!
Thanks. Have a great day!!

laxchic22 10-29-2005 09:11 AM

Hi Everyone,
I am sort of new and would love to be able to go through the workout and new eating plan with you all. I bought the book earlier this week after reading all of your rave reviews. I am almost done.

Just for us: I have been really working out hard this week but like you, I think I am officially going to start the work out on Monday. I agree this would be the easiest way.

Looking for the way out: I am 99% sure that I am also a fast oxidizer. I remember from doing Atkins that the only benefit from that diet was how great I felt after a healthy meal of greens, proteins and no carbs. (it's the only time i have felt full and satisfied without being bloated and uncomfortable.)

This is a question for Jillian or anyone else who might know: Does being a "fast Oxidizer" have a connection to being a "pear shape". I am definately a pear and I just wondered if there was a connection to a specific body shape and whether or not you are a fast, slow or balanced oxidizer. Thanks everyone! (oops I just realized I should have put this last qustion in the "Questions for Jillian" section sorry...still figuring this out)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...0/150/211/.png t)

Mrs.T 10-29-2005 09:42 AM

Yesterday I got sick, so my work out and food were way off. No exercise and who knows on the calories.

This morning my stomach is MUCH more at ease, though still I feel a little queasy. I won't work out until I feel not so queasy. Water was great yesterday for once!!

I hope everyone is doing well, I will check in later if I get a work out in. Calories this morning are awesome and I'm keeping up with water so far! (but its only like 9:45am ;) )

dancediva33 10-29-2005 12:17 PM

Hi Jillian's girls!

So far so good. My eating is pretty well under controll! Last night we lost a close patient at my work and it has been very sad and stressful. Then while I was working I kept thinking about eating chocolate and it dawned on me that I was my stress eating trying to burst out. I told myself eating the wrong foods was not going to change the situation and managed to make it through the night.

I did get a good workout in yesturday. Today we are going camping so I will have today off and workout again tomorrow. I don't remember the last time I got 4 workouts in during one week! Well wish me luck on my camping adventure! That should keep me pretty active over the next couple of days! :D

Have a great weekend girls!

Looking4TheWayOut 10-29-2005 12:30 PM

Need Jillian's Girls to Read!

I have an idea!

Jillian has different sections to the book. There's a section for self discovery, a section on food journals, a section on workouts. You know, there's a LOT of info in Jillian's book Winning by Losing SO, I thought it would be a good idea to start specific threads.

One thread would be our food journals and unlike the food journals you normally see, if you write what you're eating, you have to be able to also write whether you were honestly hungry or if you were emotionally eating, if you asked yourself Jillian's questions, etc.

The next thread would be ONLY for our workouts. If you workout, put it down along with what week you're at, what you did, and how long you did it for.

Another thread would be specifically for weigh-ins. We all weigh-in on different days so I could run the threads Monday - Sunday. Whenever you weigh-in, visit the thread and update your results.

Something like, "I lost 2 pounds this week, if you add that to last week, I've lost a total of 7 pounds since starting Jillian's program."

How does this sound?

SunnyKells 10-29-2005 01:17 PM

Awesome idea Emma ... I'm new to Jillian's program so it's perfect timing! :)

Looking4TheWayOut 10-30-2005 12:39 PM

Wow, I wrote up a whole post then had all these replies and it never posted! :(

Well, I don't have time to re-write it as hubby and I are putting in a chimney. Sorry!

RockerGirl 10-31-2005 10:27 AM

Hi everyone-

I did the Niacin test Sunday morning and did not have any flushing effect at all. I took the quiz and was a balanced oxidizer by a huge percentage. According to the Niacin test I am a slow oxidizer. Since I am starting week 5 of the program and have not lost any weight I am going to redo my diet as a slow oxidizer and see if that produces some results. My question is do you think I should start the workouts over with week 1 or continue with the wokouts and incorporate the new diet at this stage.

Thanks

chick_in_the_hat 10-31-2005 01:59 PM

The workouts are the same either way...I would just keep going..IMO.

skinnyjeans 10-31-2005 03:33 PM

RockerGirl- I would just keep going also. That way the excercises stay challenging as your muscles become more fit. As far as how the eating effects your workouts...Hopefully more energy since you are giving your body what in needs.

Looking4TheWayOut 11-01-2005 06:59 AM

I agree with the above members. I think the weeks are planned to be the right progression.

Looking4TheWayOut 11-01-2005 07:32 AM

I forgot to ask, are we using this as a support/chat thread or just a general check-in? I wanted to have a place we met up for support and thought this could be it. All the facts, figures, weigh-ins, calories, we could leave to another thread, but this one would be where you get lifted up or lift up another.

What do you gals think? It's been quiet on this one so I didn't know.

JustForUs 11-01-2005 08:43 AM

OH MY GOD! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the workout!! hahah this is my first check in, and I feel like jello, my whole body! I still have to memorize what each one is still, but wowzers! :)

Looking4TheWayOut 11-01-2005 01:24 PM

Mikeysgirl, that's how it was for me and now starting week 3, I have that feeling back again. Boy, her workouts just keep kicking it up a notch!

momma233 11-01-2005 06:38 PM

I have finally got some numbers crunched!

Ok, so I have had the book for a few days. Of course the fat me wants to keep putting it off like I have for the last, I don't know, 4 yrs! I came up with me being a balanced oxidizer. I would have never thought that. I just worked out my calories as well as my hubby's.

I am going to start the food part in the morning. Do you do your exercise at a gym or at home? I have a gym membership, but I feel kind of funny doing this. Not sure why, cause I should really not care.

I'll check in tommorrow!

Roberta