Old 03-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #16  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Awwww, Rainbow! Careful tho...when I take on a "project" my type A, all-or-nothing personality comes out. Together we'll "haul as*" cross our own finish lines in no time! I really wish someone would have documented your journey on film as proof that this can be on your own at home! Photos are one thing, but to see someone actually run for the first time on a treadmill when they never thought they could?!?!!? That's inspiring! I wish I could have seen the smile on your face.

Those of you in a funk, get your exercise on! I got major endorphins running around today and it's ALMOST SPRING!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #17  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Rainbowsmiles- They can participate in the purple team thread and are more than welcome to give weight updates there, but the final weigh in will be totaled and count only for active members of the team.

Each week when people are eliminated I have been leaving their weigh in post up for one week. If they don't come and edit their weight for the week they were eliminated then we (as leaders) take that to mean they do not care to participate as unofficial members and I then delete their weigh in posts. Now, if anyone wanted me to repost their weigh in post so they could be unofficial and keep track, then I would be happy to do that.

But overall, the final weigh in will be for active members for the red and blue team.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #18  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Angie- Thanks so much for the feedback. I don't shoot for a calorie number I just try to stay between 1200-1700 calories. Your right I'm definitely running low in protein. I'll take another look at that this week. What do you use for protein? I'm just not a big meat eater nowadays. Usually getting protein from peanut butter or eggs. I am incredibly sore from my training sessions. But not just my training sessions...even my yoga classes. How can I get my muscles to release the water they are holding? I drink from a 1.5 liter container everyday. Try to get in two a day and sometimes drink tea or orange juice as well. I'll keep your suggestions in mind this week. Thanks Angie!
Shan -- I noticed the meat thing, I was wondering if you were a vegetarian until I saw a bit of meat in there. I am a big meat eater, lol, so not the best one for ideas on this, but some ideas I have are eggs, fish, lentils or beans could be added to a veggie soup plus some cabbage for more fiber too, nuts, dairy products like cheese or yogurt (maybe yogurt with nuts seeds and fresh fruit for a nice breakfast or snack), spinach, and soybean or soy products. I think the water retention in your muscles will work itself out as your tolerance increases -- you'll probably have a nice big whoosh sometime soon!

Susan -- Congratulations on being the biggest loser this week!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #19  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

thank you angie!!! i am trying so hard to stay determined!!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #20  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Rainbow- Congrats on your weight loss! So amazing!!!

Shan- I looked through your nutritional journal, and these would be my guesses as to why you might not be losing (and for the record they are just guesses, as I am not a diet expert other than my own experience). 1. You might not be eating enough. I do Weight Watchers, and so very much of your food as it is fruits and veggies, and it wouldn't have to be counted in your totals. I know this is different for calorie counting, but perhaps with the insane(ly awesome) amount you've been working out, your body needs more. 2. You could use some more protein. My body will not lose without protein. The one week of my program where I ate the least protein was the week I had the biggest gain. 3. This is weird, but whenever I drink orange juice, I don't lose weight.

I really, really, really want to bust into the 170s this week. I am trying to stay on plan to a tee, but it can be so hard!

Last edited by skinnycow126; 03-28-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #21  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Thanks for the additonal advice skinnycow. Appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Just got home from a great workout at the gym. I even ran 5 minutes on the treadmill! All 283lbs of me...but still I did it!!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Moving on to hump day here in SK.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #22  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Good morning all

Interesting twist with the Purple team . . .

CONGRATULATIONS RAINBOWSMILES

ALSO TO SKINNYCOW & KRIS

Yesterday just did about a 45 min walk, but I was back to JM 30 DS today, sweated like a pig . . . feels soooo good

Everyone have a great day
Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #23  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi all -- Fighting BIG TOM cravings here. God what I would do for a bag of chips and some dip right now. Let's pretend I didn't just say that. Ahem...so anyway, off to find some fruit or something. *sigh*
Old 03-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 253/226/145

Height: 5'9

My girls at work and I started the P90X this week. Holy cow is that quite the workout!!!! I was dying!!! We also took measurements which was quite the wake up call for me!!! I don't even have skinny forearms anymore.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:48 AM   #25  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

thanks skinnycow and madambutterfly
whew....almost at the last week!!
lets go red!!

hang in there!!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #26  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Hang in there team! LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS!!!!! I'm having an awesome week here and I hope you all are feeling some Spring wherever you may be!

Red is gonna take this week!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #27  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Yikes! Where did this week go? I hope everyone is having a good week and getting some beautiful spring weather. We've had sun the last few days and it feels soooo good!

Keep up the hard work, Red Team! Let's all stick this out to the end together and celebrate our successes twice - as the Red Team and again as the Purple Team!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #28  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

This morning I saw 179 on the scale! It might not stick for tomorrow, which is my official weigh-in, but to say I am super psyched is an understatement!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #29  
Restarting AGAIN

S/C/G: 167/114/140/see ticker/105

Height: not quite 5'

I saw 2 pounds down this morning, and posted my weigh-in. I always do on either Thurs or Fri so I don;t forget. I am often distracted on weekends. Lately, I am just distracted. I'm kinda surprised the scale keeps moving in the right direction, actually. But, I'll happily take it...

Go red team! Almost time to go purple already!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Hi everyone! Just 2 days to go for this week! Let's give it a final, huge push!