3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 6 (2/14-2/20) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/225587-red-team-nyny-2011-chat-thread-week-6-2-14-2-20-a.html)

CourtneyDaisey 02-17-2011 07:43 AM

I fully admit to being addicted to Survivor. I search the web and find addresses for the castaways, write to them, and ask for an autograph. (I do include a self addressed stamped envelope for them if they want to send one back to me.) I have received about 30 autographs from past castaways. I stil don't have Rupert's autograph, and that's one I really want. Each is framed and hanging on the wall in my office. Obsessed? YEP!!!!! :D I am!!!!!

Peanutt - A hydro massage is HEAVEN!!!!! http://hydromassage.com/ If you go here, you can see the exact model of the hydro spa bed that my gym has. It's sooooo nice! Well worth the extra $10 a month so I can get 10 minutes of massage every day.

Rainbow - I am going to have to try your technique! I never, ever use coupons. I use the excuse that I don't have time but in reality I am just lazy. But to save that much money...wow! We usually spend about $120 a week to feed the family of four. If I can cut that down, that will really help the budget! I'm going to take a look at those sites. I love Publix too. They offer a 10% discount to seniors (folks over 55) in my area on Wednesdays. I could get my father-in-law to go up there and get that discount on top of the coupons! Hmmm....I may have to play around with this idea...

I am soooooo glad tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!!! :broc: :broc: :broc: Come on Friday! My brain needs a rest!

I had broccoli and zucchini with dinner last night, so that was some extra yummy GREEN for me!

Green With Envy Challenge #3
This one looks like a page right out of Rainbow's book. Saving some green can make all the difference in the world! So I challenge all of us to take a look at our finances and see where we can make some changes and save some green. For me, I am going to check out Rainbow's coupon sites and see if I can find any coupons for items that I will actually use!

JayTee 02-17-2011 08:52 AM

:drill: RISE & SHINE RED PLATOON

This is your daily reminder that we've pledged to drop 80 sticks of butt-er by Sunday:

JayTee --- WILL lose 3 lbs.
Peanutt --- WILL lose 2 lbs.
Rainbow --- WILL lose 3lbs.
Mel --- WILL lose 1.5lbs.
Courtney --- WILL lose 2lbs.
Angie -- WILL lose 3lbs.
Charlie June -- WILL lose 1lb.
BetteK -- WILL lose 2lbs.
SkinnyCow -- WILL lose 1lb.
MadamButterfly -- WILL lose 6 sticks o'butt-er (1.5lbs)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3RaELGHa1v...rseverance.jpg

DON'T QUIT!

MadamButterfly 02-17-2011 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
JayTee;

Love the poster, BUT this one cracked me up . . . check out the people on the escalator . . . tooooooo funny

OK, off to play with Jillian . . . it's different doing the shred EVERYDAY!!

JayTee 02-17-2011 09:31 AM

Madame, YOUR AWESOME POSTER REQUIRES A MUCH LARGER VERSION SO NO ONE MISSES IT!!!!! Perfect!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...2-20-f9-1-.jpg

CourtneyDaisey 02-17-2011 10:25 AM

:rofl: Oh good grief!! Hahahahaha!!! Are they afraid of getting too much exercise or something?

MadamButterfly 02-17-2011 11:55 AM

Melting Butt-er

I'M MELTIN' BUTT-ER TODAY!!

Rainbow: Hope you're feelin a bit better . . . WTG on the coupons . . . I try to cut them, but I've NEVER done as well as you did, BIG WOW . . . Don't overdo it . . . we need you to get better!!! I did a workout for you today . . .

JayTee: I just posted my workout and I'm drippin BUTT-ER all over CanadaMel and it's drippin' down on you toooooooo . . . thanks for making the poster bigger . . . I still haven't quite figured out how to do that . . . <sigh> So you like the avatar . . . . I love that lady sitting on a stick o butt-er dangling her feet in a BIG, BIG PUDDLE O BUTT-ER . . . LOLOL

Desidooooooo: WHERE ARE YOU???????

CharlieJune: WTG on the 2 miles . . . I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!! A friend of mine once told me work for the body you want, NOT the body you have . . . everytime things get tough I try to think that

Ashley: WTG on the vacation . . . you'll have such a GREAT TIME and deserve it!!

You all are tooooo funny with the Survivor thing, I've never seen it (I HATE WORKING EVENINGS, UGH!!)
OK ladies weigh-in is just a few days away . . . push that train . . . do a workout for Rainbow and really make it a team effort

rainbowsmiles 02-17-2011 11:57 AM

courtney....just for you :) i met rupert in jacksonville florida when he went on tour for the grand opening of dicks sporting goods stores! woohoo!!
i heart rupert!!:o

this is his organization, which you probably already know of :)
http://rupertskids.org/

rainbowsmiles 02-17-2011 12:08 PM

madambutterfly:hug:....AWWwwww thanks for doing some exercise for me!! i'm not just riding in that medic car, i'm still pushing!!!! i might be like aurthur was this week in TBL...pushing, but getting left a little behind but i'm running on the track to catch up!! hahaha:D

desidoo....is busy but sends her love...she has a lot going on and hasn't had time to post but she'll be back soon :)

that posted of the fitness gym and all those people too lazy to use the stairs was hilarious!!

courtney..:hug: i also use the links for www.coupons.com to find coupons.

here is the FB survivor page :)
http://www.facebook.com/Survivor?v=app_191646434190831

skinnycow...:hug:ooo brendan, he was a cutie pie!! but so sad i think i remember him getting blindsided on his vote off?? that season has been awhile back!!

and john..hmm...trying to remember...i remember johnny fairplay bahahahahaha he was hilarious!!

rainbowsmiles 02-17-2011 12:22 PM

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5294/...60e13a1eca.jpg

:drill:SGT. JAYTEE SiR....

FEELiNG GREEN,
EATiNG GREEN,
SEEiNG GREEN...
SPEAKiNG GREEN SiR....
RiBBETTTTTT RiBBBEEETTTTTT!!

REPORTiNG FOR DUTY SiR!!
:running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running:

rainbowsmiles 02-17-2011 05:28 PM

jt.....you did a 10K run??? THUD!! OMG IM SOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING :cheer2:PROUD OF YOU!!!!:cheer2: WOW!! BOOOYAH!! :dancer:HOLYMOLY!!!! WAY TO GO!!

rainbowsmiles 02-17-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CourtneyDaisey (Post 3716194)
Green With Envy Challenge #3
This one looks like a page right out of Rainbow's book. Saving some green can make all the difference in the world! So I challenge all of us to take a look at our finances and see where we can make some changes and save some green. For me, I am going to check out Rainbow's coupon sites and see if I can find any coupons for items that I will actually use!

good idea courtney!!

before you buy any exercise equipnment or videos, dvd, etc...ask around...ask friends, neightbors, co-workers, etc...you might be surprised what you can find that others are not using and are happy to give away!! :)

people get tired of their workout dvds and want new ones, so will happily share or give away the older ones!! i got some free weights, some vhs exercise tapes, an aerobic stepper, and the deal a meal from richard simmons with a toning bar and 10 vhs exercise tapes just by asking around!!

skinnycow126 02-17-2011 05:52 PM

rainbow- I think he might have been blindsided. Not really sure, I was a huge fan of the original Survivors, but after awhile I stopped watching.

Courtney- That is some dedication! Do you need Brendans? Perhaps I can get it for you.

Today/this week has not been the best for me. I seem to have cycles where I will lose a bunch (I lost 3.8 last week!) and then have a slight gain/stagnate. It is SUPER frustrating and makes me crave cake and cookies (which I don't even particularly like). I REALLY want to lose .4 this week so I can FINALLY get my weight watcher 10% keychain, but I fear I may have gained. I guess we will see Saturday!

rainbowsmiles 02-17-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnycow126 (Post 3717301)
rainbow- I think he might have been blindsided. Not really sure, I was a huge fan of the original Survivors, but after awhile I stopped watching.

Courtney- That is some dedication! Do you need Brendans? Perhaps I can get it for you.

Today/this week has not been the best for me. I seem to have cycles where I will lose a bunch (I lost 3.8 last week!) and then have a slight gain/stagnate. It is SUPER frustrating and makes me crave cake and cookies (which I don't even particularly like). I REALLY want to lose .4 this week so I can FINALLY get my weight watcher 10% keychain, but I fear I may have gained. I guess we will see Saturday!

skinny...:hug:i know what you mean about losing and then rebounding, and you are so right it is frustrating.:( i have stopped counting the weight unless its 3 days in a row or more on the scale. so day 1 is like, 1 of 3 weighs! then day 2, then day 3 i record!;)

for the rest of the week...try this...3 small things:o:o:o

1.avoid as much sodium as you can, especially in processed foods...limit those,
2.try to double your water intake per day, to help flush your body.
3. leave a bite of each food item at each meal on your plate and smile at it as you throw it away and visualize that 10%
i just know you can get that 10% keychain, I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! :carrot:

STAY FOCUSED...STAY DETERMINED:smug:....monitor everything you eat even if you aren't writing it all down, maybe leave a bite...of each food item. just leave a bite. whats a bite really?? you'll be surprised...some weeks i play the leave a bite strategy!! and it works!!:hug:

JayTee 02-17-2011 06:11 PM

LISTEN UP PRIVATES!!! Morning revelry for me is 0500 tomorrow and I'll be out most of the day so I'm leaving you with this:

I'M STILL WATCHING! THIS PLATOON WILL ACHIEVE THEIR 20 POUND PROMISE!!!

http://images.clipartof.com/small/94...l-Sergeant.jpg

Rainbow--Yes, thanks for noticing, I walk/ran a 10K last Sunday, all indoor on treadmill. I'm trying to cut my time down for a 4/3 race. My son wants to run it, but the race has a 14 minute per mile sag car kicking people off the course. I refuse to DNF (did not finish) and I refuse to find myself in front of that sag car. With all the recent talk of the SURVIVOR show, I can tell you I managed to finish in 86 minutes (1 minute under time) but it was UGLY and I thought I was gonna die! HOWEVER, if I can do this anyone can because right now I can't even run one mile comfortably. I'm gonna do this race to support my son in his weight loss efforts even if it kills me!

Charlie June--Hear that---keep up the effort...one mile...two miles...three miles... walk it, run it, who cares. YAY you!

MadameGoo--I have noticed a rather large amount of goo seeping down through Canada on the workout thread. I was gonna go all MC Hammer on you and say that this week "Ya Can't Touch This," but DANG girl, you're like the CRUNCH QUEEN! This week I dub you THE LEAN GREEN CRUNCH MACHINE!

Skinny--Don't give up! Keep chipping away!

PLATOON, DISMISSED!

rainbowsmiles 02-17-2011 06:18 PM

ooooooooooooo JAYTEE!! I SOOOO HEART YOU!!:hug:

your post just makes me smile the biggest smile ever!! i know you are watching and we are gonna make it!
WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT AFTERALL!!

i saw this posted earlier on another thread...and it made me think of you!!

Who can turn the world on with her smile? (JAYTEE CAN)
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?(JAYTEE CAN)
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT AFTERALL!!

How will you make it on your own?
This world is awfully big, girl this time you're all alone
But it's time you started living
It's time you let someone else do some giving

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it