3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 6 (2/14-2/20) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/225587-red-team-nyny-2011-chat-thread-week-6-2-14-2-20-a.html)

shan84 02-13-2011 09:48 PM

Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 6 (2/14-2/20)

It's Valentine's Day here in SK...and IT'S SNOWING like crazy here on the island. We are all in school though...tomorrow is doubtful.

We shall see.

Results soon.

Here's to a great Week 6 red team!

rainbowsmiles 02-13-2011 09:53 PM

:dance:LET'S GO :dance:
:cheer2:RED TEAM!!:cheer2:
:sp:WEEK 6:sp:
:dancer:woohooooooooo:dancer:
:woohoo:
:yay: :encore: :yay: :encore: :yay:
:dust: :dust: :dust:

HAPPY
:val2:V-A-L-E-N-T-I-N-E-S:val2:
D-A-Y
:val3:
:val1:

WHOOOOP WHOOOOOOP!!!
:woohoo:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

CanadaMel 02-13-2011 10:18 PM

Happy Valentine's Day Shan! :val1: and all my fellow Red Team Members

Week 6- here we go...shower yourself with LOVE

Bette k 02-13-2011 11:01 PM

HI Red Team
sorry I didn't get my weight posted this week, just got busy and forgot. I'm going to work hard this next week.
Happy Valentines Day to all, I'm going to spend the day taking my Dad tothe VA for chemo we should also get the results from his CAT scan from last time. I don't expect any change which is very good. Afterwards I want to pick up some shrimp and make shrimp stirfry for the family for our Valentine's Day treat. I'll go to the food coop and pick up some yummy brown basmati rice to go with it.
Everyone seems to be doing so well, I enjoyed reaading the train posts, it was lots of fun.
I hope everyone has a great week
Bette K

rainbowsmiles 02-13-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bette k (Post 3710381)
HI Red Team
sorry I didn't get my weight posted this week, just got busy and forgot. I'm going to work hard this next week.
Happy Valentines Day to all, I'm going to spend the day taking my Dad tothe VA for chemo we should also get the results from his CAT scan from last time. I don't expect any change which is very good. Afterwards I want to pick up some shrimp and make shrimp stirfry for the family for our Valentine's Day treat. I'll go to the food coop and pick up some yummy brown basmati rice to go with it.
Everyone seems to be doing so well, I enjoyed reaading the train posts, it was lots of fun.
I hope everyone has a great week
Bette K

hi bette:hug:....sending you love and prayers as you take your dad on your journey. you are such a good daughter, and your dad is so blessed to have a daughter like you.
i hope you have a wonderful and successful week!!
hang in there...you are not alone:hug:
will keep you in my prayers hugs :hug: susan:o

rainbowsmiles 02-13-2011 11:19 PM

woohoooo so i was inspired by peanutts post on the nutritional thread...where she had turkey pasta...so i had leftover ground turkey that i had previously made for turkey taco salad...so i made up a delicious cheesy turkey lasagna with those no bake noodles! wow!! it was so delicious, i never knew it was a healthier version...as a matter of fact, i liked it better than olive garden!! whooop whooop

olive garden lunch version: vs: lean cuisine totals: vs: my totals:

cals / fat/carbs/fiber/sugar/protein
580 / 32/ 35 / 7 / ? / 38 olive garden lunch version
320 / 8 / 45 / 4 / 8 / 17 LC
331/ 12 / 25 / 1 / 9 / 32 MINE

about the same calories, mine was a little more fat, because i did not use fat free cottage cheese, i use the regular large curd, the carbs where a whopping nearly half the amount!!! thats fantastic!!, fiber a little less, sugar the same, but look at that protein1!!! twice the good stuff!!!! woohooo
sooooo much better than cardboard versions from the frozen section!!
sooooooooo fast and easy to make with those no bake noodles!
i made a small version, that made 3 servings.

CourtneyDaisey 02-13-2011 11:36 PM

Good evening folks! I am about to head off to bed. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day! I know my husband and I are going out for dinner. Red Lobster. I am going to do my best not to go overboard and make a healthier choice than shrimp alfredo tomorrow night!

This evening my husband and I put our daughter in her stroller, put the dog on his leash, and hit the road for some walking! I asked him to take a picture of me with the dog for you all. So, this is me at 241.6 pounds, taken this afternoon while walking. We are preparing for that 5K next month! :) We did 4 miles this evening walking the neighborhood.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k102132011.jpg

This is me and our 4 year old American Bulldog/Weimeraner mix dog named Ringo. When I get tied, he pulls me along. He's a little train engine of his own! ;)

Night folks! Pleasant dreams! :)

MyBodyisMyTemple 02-14-2011 12:47 AM

Hi Red team, congrats on all of your losses!

Bette k, best wishes to you and your dad. I went through chemo a few years ago and can understand some of the emotional, physical, and otherwise toll that can occur. You're such a good daughter to care for him the way that you do!

Courtney, what a cute picture! Wtg on prepping for your 5K! Also congrats on your weight loss.

Susan, look at you! What a great job on creating a much healthier and filling lunch. I bet it was delicious! Keep on rockin'!

Happy Valentines Day ladies. Be sure to love on the ones that love you the most!

shan84 02-14-2011 01:15 AM

Week 5 Results

Total lbs and percentage lost -35.4lbs, -.44%

Biggest Loser-
CourtneyDaisy, -10.2lbs, -4.05% :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :celebrate:

Honorable Mentions-
skinnycow126 -3lbs, -1.55% :carrot::carrot::carrot:
JayTee -3lbs, -1.45% :carrot::carrot::carrot:

wendychic 02-14-2011 01:20 AM

Back from the tournament and dealing with valentine's day stuff for Kiddos. Chloe's team got 2nd place!!! It was such a fun game to watch. I'm back on track and ready to kick week six's butt!!!
Courtney I am running a 5k in March!!! It's my first one, I am praying adrenaline is on my side!!!!

shan84 02-14-2011 07:36 AM

Courtney- Love the picture. Go YOU!!!

Happy Valentine's Day Red Team!!!

:val3::val3::val3::val3::val3::val3::val3::val3:
:val1::val1::val1::val1::val1::val1::val1::val1:

CourtneyDaisey 02-14-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendychic (Post 3710467)
Back from the tournament and dealing with valentine's day stuff for Kiddos. Chloe's team got 2nd place!!! It was such a fun game to watch. I'm back on track and ready to kick week six's butt!!!
Courtney I am running a 5k in March!!! It's my first one, I am praying adrenaline is on my side!!!!

Oh wow!!!!!! :cheer: You go girl!!!!! I want to run one sometime but my knees don't like moving with all this extra weight. I'll start with the walking and someday I'll be able to run one like you! You give me inspiration Wendy!

CourtneyDaisey 02-14-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shan84 (Post 3710464)
Week 5 Results

Total lbs and percentage lost -35.4lbs, -.44%

Biggest Loser-
CourtneyDaisy, -10.2lbs, -4.05% :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :celebrate:

Honorable Mentions-
skinnycow126 -3lbs, -1.55% :carrot::carrot::carrot:
JayTee -3lbs, -1.45% :carrot::carrot::carrot:

:eek:

OMG! :D COOL!!!!!!

Congrats to Skinnycow and JayTee on their awesome work this week! :cheer: GO RED!!!!!

JayTee 02-14-2011 10:10 AM

Yeesh, sorry, I overslept and missed revelry this morning!

Big congrats right back at you Courtney!!!! Nice pic...it's fun to put faces with posts. Congrats to you too SkinnyCow!

BetteK--good luck and a prayer coming at you on your journey!

Shan--As always thanks for taking care of our team, but I'm here in Chicago and we have a way of "fixing" things in politics. Could you put the "fix" in for a red team win next week? It looks like we lost again by a fraction of a pound!

On the other hand ladies, CONGRATS TO ALL OF US still left standing. Moving into week 6 lots of people have already given up and here we all are still plugging away SUCCESSFULLY!!!!

Rainbow, it sounds like you're up and feeling better...yay! Also, me thinks we need a new theme for the week. Mission Possible? Super Heroes? Or Motivational Posters like this one:

http://www.neptunuslex.com/wp-conten...otivation2.jpg

MadamButterfly 02-14-2011 10:52 AM

Week 6 & Valentines Day

:val3: :val1: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! :val1: :val3:

CONGRATULATIONS TO COURTNEY, JAYTEE & SKINNY COW . . .
WAY TO MELT THAT BUTT-ER!!!

JayTee, NOW THAT'S SOME FIRE POWER!!! WOWSER!!!

Shan; Did it stop snowing??? Thanks for keeping all those stats . . . UGH! I don't even know how to figure my % of weight loss, I probably could if I thought about it for a minute, but . . . I need to lose more first . . . :dizzy:

BetteK: Hang in there girl . . . stress is such and UGLY thing . . . take a deep breath and know we are all praying for you

Courtney: Oh you don't have any snow . . . I forgot what grass looks like . . . LOLOLOL <seriously> I can't wait until I can get outside and walk and ride my bike . . . <sigh>

Wendy: Tell Chloe :congrat: that is soooooo awsome!!

Rainbow: I THINK YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!!! At least I hope so . . . Oh Olive Garden, even their "Light" dishes are equal or greater than a "REGULAR" meal . . . UGH and OH NO!! The lasagna sounds GREAT!!

CanadaMel: Is it getting any warmer "UP NORTH" we've had temps above freezing for 2 days now . . . I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited :sunny:

Hmmmmmm, we pushed that train all week and I was hoping a GOOD MAN would POP out of that BUTT-ER car for me . . . <sigh> oh well. LOLOLOLOL Everyone hang in there Week 6 is upon us, wow I can't believe we're in week 6 already . . . OK, ummmmm I don't mean to sound stupid, BUT . . . ummmmm . . . how many weks is the BL challenge . . . OMG I don't even know . . .

:val3: EVERYONE HAVE A WONDERFUL VALENTINE'S DAY :val3: