3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 3 (01/24-01/30) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/223417-blue-team-nyny-2011-chat-thread-week-3-01-24-01-30-a.html)

Lily In Bloom 01-26-2011 06:26 PM

@ Coco, that is a great point (everyday is a new day) and one that I have to constantly remind myself of.

This week, while just as crazy as last week, has gone much better with the husband support. It's just nice having someone to lean on, and to steer me away from a giant box of nuggets when I feel like I need comfort. I know they're not real. They're just so tasty!

Half-way through the week, just gotta keep it up a few more days =D Of course, then it's on to next week...

drinkypants 01-27-2011 12:39 AM

Lily, that's really great your husband will be joining you, it's hard not to go off plan when somebody next to you is eating something deliciously tempting. My husband has offered me fries, and a bite of this or that, and it's so hard to say no. He was just being polite, but realized it's not polite -at the moment- to ask me if I want some lol

@Dora I grew up in Oregon, my husbands career took us to Georgia.. but I really miss the coast, and the whole state really hehe

Bigmid 01-27-2011 01:15 AM

Hi everyone I seem to be getting on here late every night. Sorry about that. Lots of stuff going on right now I will try harder to get on earlier though. Ate bad today but it was planned so I hope it doesn't hurt the scale to much. Mind you I've already had a gain since Sunday and my eating has been very good so hope that was due to TOM. If not then I have some work a head of me.
I'll be back tomorrow, have a great night everyone.

maryshady 01-27-2011 08:02 AM

Hit my mini goal of 160 today! yay!! Now new mini is 155. Hope to be there by next week!

Have a happy Thursday

PageLynn 01-27-2011 03:09 PM

ok calorie counting girls...Do you count calories burned (exercise) and use them to decide what you eat calorie wise? Like if I choose to count calories but don't want to deal with counting calories burned due to exercise (mostly because right now I can't afford a HRM) can I just count my calories I eat and still lose fine? Or do I need to be concerned with calories burned from exercise? I exercise 5-6 days a week 60-70 minutes each time. TIA

Oh and Maryshady CONGRATS on reaching mini goal

inklestinkle 01-27-2011 04:36 PM

Congrats to the biggest losers this week! Go blue team! :)

I'm having a bad week, gaining like crazy and not exercising. I'm just so stressed out. I'll probably take a freebie this week while I "get my mind right" as my brother-in-law says. I need to remind myself why I'm doing this. Not to get pretty... to get healthy. Ugh. Why does it have to be so hard?

mommy2fat 01-27-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inklestinkle (Post 3679301)
Congrats to the biggest losers this week! Go blue team! :)

I'm having a bad week, gaining like crazy and not exercising. I'm just so stressed out. I'll probably take a freebie this week while I "get my mind right" as my brother-in-law says. I need to remind myself why I'm doing this. Not to get pretty... to get healthy. Ugh. Why does it have to be so hard?

Dont feel alone, I am having a bad week also. I have gained and really thinking of using a freebie this week also. I dont know why I am having such a hard time getting back on track. I changed jobs right after Christmas and just havent been able to get back OP. I did manage to workout yesterday and today! Lets support each other and get back on track!!!

Soon2BFitChick 01-27-2011 09:27 PM

Woohoo! I didn't know I was Biggest Loser for this week! Fun! :yay: Cool!!! I haven't been one in so long. I watched it today too. I had it from last time but hadn't seen it yet. I love that show. :goodscale:

Congrats to everyone who lost. Feels nice to know we are going in the right direction huh? I'm drinking more water and been cleaning for days now and feet are sore from never sitting so surely I'll lose something this week??

Well, take care, Bluezzzers!!!! :cheer3:

Big hugs, Selina :hug:

:df:

Lily In Bloom 01-28-2011 08:35 AM

Well guys, I am happy to say it looks like I will be posting either no change this week or a minor loss- a huge relief b/c last week I was actually up 4 lb due to the unfortunate fast food binge >.<

I'm sure most of that was simply water, especially since fast food is so freakin salty compared to homemade, but I'm still glad that it's almost gone. I've been weighing myself daily this week, and whenever I think of just grabbing something quick (and totally not OP) I remind myself of what it will do to that number. While it's probably better for me to weigh once a week, I feel like it helps keep me focused. Also, perhaps last week wouldn't have spun so terribly out of control if I had kept an eye on the scale.

Oh well. I'm just up one tiny pound from my last official weigh in, and I'm sure that can come off in 2 days...

Bobbolink 01-28-2011 08:39 AM

Good Morning Blue Team,
Hope everyone's still on track for our weigh ins tomorrow (me) and Sunday. It's especially important what we eat today, please be extra careful and get those last minute exercises in. I've been doing the stepper which I hate but all for the cause.:faint: You all watch your salt intake today too, what a difference that can make in the morning. I'm a popcorn lover but never have it the night before weighing in. Good Luck everyone.

Bobbolink 01-28-2011 08:43 AM

Lily...I see we posted at the same time, I weigh myself daily too. I can't help it, I have a compulsive type personality. When I'm really focused on losing some weigh, I print out a graph chart to track my weight daily. Just looking at it during the day helps me stay on track, it's posted on my refrigerator.

Soon2BFitChick 01-28-2011 09:20 AM

Good morning Blue People teamsters! :) :cheer3:

I'm gonna start tackling the office today and sorta paperwork and do filing and spring cleaning~ Scaarrryy!! But it must be done. So hafta organize it better because I can't stand it this way!! Hope my toddler lets me do it today! :bb:

I hope I've lost this week. I know I'm down a lb but would like more. :goodscale: I hope everyone has a great productive week~ :strong:

Hugs! Selina :hug:

:carrot: :broc: :cb:

Inferno 01-28-2011 09:49 AM

Congratulations everyone!

I haven't exercised much this week because I've been sick. I did lose some weight, but not a way that I particularly enjoyed. :o

Hopefully next week will be much better!

dream710 01-28-2011 10:01 AM

Mary-Congrats on making it to 160.

Bobbi-They live in Princeton which is about 90 min northwest of the cities

Well unfortunately I'm posting a gain this week. I'm up two pounds this week all because of reasons I could of avoided. I have to weigh in early this week, since we head for Vegas in a couple hours. I hope everyone has a great weigh in. GO BLUE!!!!!!

vdander24 01-28-2011 02:06 PM

Hey Team,
It seems, as if we are all having a tough week this week. I have absolutely NO excuses! That is to say, that I have found every excuse in the book not to exercise, and have not been eating right. I REAlly want to get the weight off, but I am stalled. I think this is where those advice people say you have to fake it till you make it. I have my first 5k next week and I am not ready at all. BUT, I am still going to do it, even if I have to walk the entire thing. I am off to do chores then exercise. Hang in there everyone and have a great day!