Old 09-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #31  

Hey guys! I hope all of you are having a great weekend I am working today. This evening I'm gonna do Leslie Sansone's WATP DVD. Anyone do this?
Old 09-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #32  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudesmom View Post
I almost forgot this! I would tell them:

1. Its not going to be easy, and probably not real quick either.
2. Choose a plan that you can stick with for life.
3. Don't worry too much if you screw up, just use it as a learning experience.
I think I'm gonna have to say "ditto" on what dudesmom says. Any plan that I've ever done that drops weight quickly has never been something I could stick with for very long!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
Hey guys! I hope all of you are having a great weekend I am working today. This evening I'm gonna do Leslie Sansone's WATP DVD. Anyone do this?
I plan on doing WATP when the weather starts to turn cold (which could be any day now here in Wyoming). I really like her videos. Especially when you are just starting back on an exercise plan.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwe74 View Post
I plan on doing WATP when the weather starts to turn cold (which could be any day now here in Wyoming). I really like her videos. Especially when you are just starting back on an exercise plan.
I'm So jealous you are in Wyoming! I've always wanted to go there and also Montana. I wouldn't like the winters there though so I would just wanna visit in the summer
Old 09-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #35  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I really love the WATP videos even though I haven't done one in a while. I am extremely uncoordinated, but these are perfect because the movements are so basic yet effective. And anyone who thinks that videos like this are "easy" should think again, Leslie makes me sweat my butt off!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
Time for personals! WOOHOO!! GO RED TEAM!!

sha25- Welcome to the challenge! 3 girls... Love it! My mother has three girls, and though we are and always have been a handful, we also have tons of fun! What is your job? Are you following any specific plan for the challenge?
Thanks for the welcome...My girls are a handful that's for sure. They are 12,9 & 4..They have tons of fun but fight like crazy sometimes.. I tell them I am not a referee,I am your mother.. I work as an office manager for a private company.. As far as my program, I am a calorie counter, gave up sugar, processed foods, and everything w/ white flour and exercise 5-6 days a week. Lately I have been taking it easy on the exercise though..I have been having bad upper back pain and finally went to the doctor today.. He thinks it may be nerve damage so I am walking and doing yoga ATM. I was doing P90X before I hurt my back and can't wait to be able to start again.. I was seeing great results..

Hope everyone is having a good weekend..

Last edited by sha25; 09-18-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudesmom View Post
I really love the WATP videos even though I haven't done one in a while. I am extremely uncoordinated, but these are perfect because the movements are so basic yet effective. And anyone who thinks that videos like this are "easy" should think again, Leslie makes me sweat my butt off!
I'm like you..not very coordinated. I was before all the weight gain..but not now! I tried a step class once and almost broke my neck! LOL

Her workouts are definitely not easy. I sweat my butt off too Hopefully the more I do it the more my butt will come off!
Old 09-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha25 View Post
Thanks for the welcome...My girls are a handful that's for sure. They are 12,9 & 4..They have tons of fun but fight like crazy sometimes.. I tell them I am not a referee,I am your mother.. I work as an office manager for a private company.. As far as my program, I am a calorie counter, gave up sugar, processed foods, and everything w/ white flour and exercise 5-6 days a week. Lately I have been taking it easy on the exercise though..I have been having bad upper back pain and finally went to the doctor today.. He thinks it may be nerve damage so I am walking and doing yoga ATM. I was doing P90X before I hurt my back and can't wait to be able to start again.. I was seeing great results..

Sorry about your back problems I have rheumatoid arthritis and my feet are not great plus my other joints become inflamed so it's hard for me to exercise too much which is frustrating. I like Leslie Sansone's WATP cause its quick and a good workout without being to hard on the joints. I wonder if you could do this with your back? Walking itself is great exercise though! It sounds like you are on the right track
Old 09-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #39  

Quote:
I'm So jealous you are in Wyoming! I've always wanted to go there and also Montana. I wouldn't like the winters there though so I would just wanna visit in the summer
It is nice here in the summer, not too hot. The winters can be really bad though.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha25 View Post
Lately I have been taking it easy on the exercise though..I have been having bad upper back pain and finally went to the doctor today.. He thinks it may be nerve damage so I am walking and doing yoga ATM. I was doing P90X before I hurt my back and can't wait to be able to start again.. I was seeing great results..

What kind of yoga are you doing? Are you taking a class or videos? I love to do yoga but there are no classes here so I do videos.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #41  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Angie- Congrats on losing 16lbs so far! Welcome to the challenge. What plan are you following? We have some great tools and such on here each week to help keep us all accountable for our eating and exercise choices. Hope they help!
I'm doing a metabolic diet that is basically low carb, lo sodium and low sugar. I eat mostly meat and veggies for now, but I'll soon move to the next phase where fruit and dairy are introduced in moderation. I'm also working with a trainer for the first time and loving it.

Three things i would tell someone just starting their lifestyle change:

1. It's not easy, and you need support; tell everyone that uou are trying to lose weight. I find people generally are very helpful once they know that.
2. Take measurements and pictures so you can compare where you started and ended.
3. Track what you eat - it's a great planning tool and keeps you firmly grounded in reality.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #42  

S/C/G: (High:270) C:212/210.4/160

Height: 5'5

Hey Everyone!

My name is Christina. I'm 22 years old. I live in Germany with my husband of almost 4 years. We have a son that just turned 5 and started Kindergarten. I've been a t stay at home mom for the last 4 years, Now that my son is in school I'm thinking about starting to work again. I started my WL journey 2 years ago doing Atkins. The past 2 years have consisted of a lot of yo yo dieting but I managed to loose just over 60 lbs. I am now doing WW, but I also watch my carb intake. I try and keep to fresh foods. Since my son started school I've been going to the gym or going for walks a lot. I started the C25K program and will begin week 2 tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:02 AM   #43  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Leslielou- I love the WATP dvds. I don't own any myself however on youtube they have one of the ab videos and I love to do that 30 minute one.

alwe74- Where in Wyoming are you? I used to live and work out of Burgess Junction up on the mountain outside of Dayton. It definitely gets cold there in the winter time.

dudesmom- I totally agree the WATP video that I do makes me sweat like crazy. It's definitely not easy. I also enjoy doing the Biggest Loser workouts (though they are often hard to follow) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE breaking out my Richard Simmon dvds!

sha25- I am a fellow calorie counter as well! WOOHOO! Good luck with your results!

armywife88- Welcome to the challenge! How exciting to live in Germany! I'm in South Korea on an island about an hour off the southern coast. It makes for strange hours though when talking to my friends and family and even some of the members of the red team back home in the states! Good luck!

Well red team, we are about to start our first week of the challenge. Good luck to everyone. Please use as much or as little of the tools that we provide to help you along with your journey. Please make note: You MUST participate at least once a week in the weekly threads in order to qualify for weekly biggest loser and overall biggest loser.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:36 AM   #44  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

My name is Shari, 24, fulltime student. This is my second BL challenge, I totally flaked on the other one. Hopefully I can do much better on this one. I've been on 3FC since '05 so I guess that makes me a veteran? Mindful eating is my game and I walk to exercise, though I'm hoping to add Zumba at home to the mix soon.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:53 AM   #45  
Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
Time for personals! WOOHOO!! GO RED TEAM!!

Jen- Glad your here for another challenge and I'm sure you can make it through this one! You have drive! I can relate to the always on the go, but not to the full extent that you are, as I don't have any kids, nor am I married (but I hope to be someday soon). What plan do you follow?
I'm not really following any plan right now. My whole problem with trying to lose weight is putting myself in the position where I am eating differently than others in the family and it ends up being too difficult to make separate meals. I want to have some treats in the house like cookies and pop but I need to not eat them myself! I think it is okay to have those things once in awhile, I am much more strict with my kids than I am myself and thank goodness my son would much rather eat fresh fruits and veggies than cookies. So basically I just need to cut back on things like cookies, only have 1 serving at meals, cut back on portion sizes, drink more water, cut out my morning coffee (4 cream, 4 sugar, that's not worth the caffeine!), things like that. Maybe this is the common sense plan? Oh yes I do need to start exercising more. It's one of those catch 22s, I need to exercise to have energy to exercise. Right now I have no energy, it is an ordeal just to get through the day sometimes.