Old 10-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #1  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Default Blue Team - Week 6 Chat Thread

Welcome to Week 6! Some of you mentioned extending the dare challenge from last week, so unless we have someone else start a challenge thread, I say go ahead with the dares.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #2  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Thanks Dixie!

I just made a new thread for the food and exercise diary. i made a typo in the title, called ourself Nlue Team lol doh! so i closed that thread. hopefully a mod will come along and delete the thread. sorry!!!

but anyways. here is the link to the correct exercise and food log

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...ood-diary.html
Old 10-19-2009, 11:06 AM   #3  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
retiredone

Echo, I really appreciate all the illustrations and links you provide when explaining things. I didn't have a clue what you were talking about until I saw the pics. I definitely won't be doing any of those exercises. Hahaha...I'll pass them on to DH.

I don't mind if the "Dare" challenge is extended another week or along side another one. That's my vote.
Awwww thank you so much Isabella!! (what a beautiful name by the way! love it) That's so nice of you to say, I really appreciate it Thank you so much
---
Quote:
SkinnyJeansInWaiting

I have great news! Hubby is back to working full time and that means I get to cut back on my work here as we'll no longer be depending just on me I can give more time to other things like taking care of myself now...
Thats awesome Skinnyjeans!

Quote:
Skinny jeans:
I think you are doing just awesome! I keep thinking I want to start going out to the track and attempting c25k but I always feel I can't do it, I'm too weak, too heavy, etc.
You should do it! its a great programe! i started it a month ago, and did week 1 for quite awhile, and today i'm going to do week 2.
you can get free podcasts from itunes.

---

Iwanawurkit and Diva

--

Dont worry - i also gained a pound from last week. lets just kick it this week so we have a greater loss this week!! we can be partners in crime hehe
Besides Diva, you had so much on your plate and you were sick and TOM!! its to be expected. its not a real gain! you will be able to shed it in no time. besides when your sick best not to exercise and let your body rest so it can heal itself.

---
Quote:
Nella

Oh, and my aunt stopped by too. Haven't seen her in 5 months or so, the first thing she said was "Wow!" and spun me around and told me I have no butt ( I wish!) so I took that as a huge compliment. She didn't even know I had been trying to lose weight, so it meant even more. Now, that's motivation!
Aww that's a great boost indeed! you go girl!
-

This morning the postman delivered my book!! Master your metabolism by jillian michaels, i'm so excited i cant wait to delve into reading it

Last edited by Echo; 10-19-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Echo- Happy Reading
Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #5  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Echo, I enjoyed reading that one. I did learn a lot from it.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #6  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

I had a gain last Monday's weigh in... 3.0. I hadn't been quite where I wanted with exercise and had restarted weight training, but I still was rather surprised by the big gain. I took a freebie and just tried to work really hard this week. Lost 3.2 this week.. so well really just 0.2 loss after figuring in the gain but I'm glad I didn't let that gain linger around at least. (Trying to think positively here!)

I've been changing my routine lately but it feels like I'm finally kind of getting into the swing of it all. I like the improvements I'm making to my exercise schedule, I feel like the energy and motivation are picking up. I'm reading Slow Fat Triathlete and really enjoying that!

Last edited by Somni; 10-19-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #7  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good afternoon Blue Team members. I see that a few of you gained a little this past week. Don't beat yourselves up over that.

Some of you were sick and that's stressful enough without trying to lose weight at the same time. Life has to be taken care of sometimes. And when you're sick with a fever, headache and aching muscles no one will fault you for not losing that pound or two. So don't fault yourself.

And some of you have done everything right and still gained. Well, give yourself a pat on the back and keep up the good work. Next week you'll see a difference.

And some of you just didn't care and ate whatever you wanted and didn't exercise. Well, sometimes that happens and this week you'll do better because it's not the team you're letting down--it's yourself. So do yourself a favor and stay on plan this week.

We've all been in each situation so if it's the first time for you, you're in good company!

That's my sermon for the day.

Echo, Isabella was my grandmother's name and it was her grandmother's name. Now, all I have to do is convince one of my sons to name a granddaughter after me when they have a daughter. Oh, enjoy your book.

SkinnyJeans, that's great news about your DH. Now, you have a choice about the extra work.

Dixied, you look great in your avatar. No wonder with all that running.

Nella, our DS bought an old house nearly 100 years old. When we first saw the house it was run-down and really dirty with cobwebs hanging off everything. I felt like Lily Munster walking around that house. (If you guys don't know who the Munsters were, you're way younger than I. Hahaha) DH and I helped them with their renovations and they eventually sold the house and made a handsome profit and bought a house that was only 15 years old (that still needs renovations). So I know what you were talking about. I'm sure your house wasn't as run-down as DS's first one but it takes heap of renovations to make a house a home. Great compliment from your aunt, btw. You must have been tickled pink.

I had a good walk this morning. Cold and a few snow flurries starting to fall but I kept up a good pace and wasn't chilly at all. I'm going to try to do more flapping arm exercises (jumping jacks) today. My right arm is still a bit sore so I'll skip the counter push ups until tomorrow. I guess I'll alternate the days with resistance and aerobic but walk every day. Now to check out the challenge.

Catch you all later my sweet team members.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
You should do it! its a great programe! i started it a month ago, and did week 1 for quite awhile, and today i'm going to do week 2.
you can get free podcasts from itunes.
I didn't know the podcasts were free! Thanks for telling me that,was wondering how I would time those seconds for the intervals.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #9  
sugar is the devil

Ugh - I had to put a freebie in for this week! I started the week gaining back a couple lbs from all the sodium I ingested from Thanksgiving! It's just 'starting' to go back now. I have been really stressed from school too so I think some weight gain around there as well... Hopefully better this week!

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 10-19-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #10  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Just checking in with a rant:

If you can search for clothes by color/designer/price/material, why the heck can't I search for workout pants by whether or not they have pockets!

Okay, back to our regularlly scheduled chat!
Old 10-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #11  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'd like to search for workout pants that didn't have to be hemmed! I could sew up the bottoms and have booties like baby's sleepers.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 231/229/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi all, I've been MIA from that chat for a few weeks, though I've kept up with the weigh-ins. I was glancing through the weigh-ins (I opted to take a freebie week) and was surprised at how many members we seem to have lost. I decided I'll make a concerted effort to check-in here when I can!

The one shout-out I'd like to make is to congratulate Echo on passing her PhD!! My closest friend has been working on hers for TEN YEARS (talk about a Master Procrastinator) so know it's a big deal - not to mention an enormous relief - to have completed it. CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been good with checking in this week. It's been one of those weeks were I seemed to be on the go everyday. I stayed on plan so I am happy about that, but I am not happy that I weighed in today 2 lbs heavier than last week It's that TOM so I guess that could be a factor, and I've also been having some tummy troubles this week. I wonder if I should have taken a freebie week. How does everyone decide if and when to take a freebie week?

Retire, I love reading your "sermons" I hope your arm feels better soon.

Skinnyjeans, that is great news about your dh.

Echo, I really enjoyed Jillian's book. I learned a lot from it. Have fun reading!

A big to everyone else. Let's have a good week blue team!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #14  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Thanks Institches21!!

Thanks Nella! oh cool can discuss it with you

Quote:
retiredone: And some of you have done everything right and still gained. Well, give yourself a pat on the back and keep up the good work. Next week you'll see a difference.
aww thats the perfect pep talk that I needed! thanks Isabella
Quote:
Echo, Isabella was my grandmother's name and it was her grandmother's name. Now, all I have to do is convince one of my sons to name a granddaughter after me when they have a daughter. Oh, enjoy your book.
aww thats so lovely Isabella ! and thank you! great going on the walking !

Somni- dont worry about the gain, i had a gain too. but this is a brand new week!

You're welcome Skinnyjeans! the podcast i downloaded is the one by Robert Ullrey.
search for "robert podcasts for running, couch to 5k,
and good luck! let me know how you get on

I just did week 2 today! i was on week 1 for a month hehe.

good luck sweets! im sure you will lose this week with all the water you will be drinking

lol Dixie.

awww thank you so mch Expatter!!! I REALLY appreciate it! you totally made my day!!!! so nice of you to say! big smile on my face

Narnia! join the club sweetie, alot of us have had gains this week.

Thanks Narnia, glad you enjoyed her book! i look forward to discussing it with ya too
Old 10-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #15  
Started 9/20/09

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello! Checking back in. Post swine flu, kidney's acting up, and then catching up from work... I am REALLY back!! I had my first good workout last night in about 4 weeks!! It felt so good

Can't wait to get caught up with all of you ladies. I think I think about this forum everyday to help with my choices.

Thank you all for that.

GO BLUE TEAM!