Old 05-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Cindy - love the photos! just gorgeous!

Tried to sign up for the bootcamp challenge yesterday but the thread was already closed So I will also participate from the sidelines!

My work are sending me on a real-life bootcamp in September - it's a management development course at the military barracks with lots of physical challenges involved. I'm a bit nervous! It's not the type of thing I would usually sign up for but I figure you need to push yourself out of your comfort zone from time to time and try something completely new. It also gives me another goal date to work towards - want to look hot for those soldiers
Old 05-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #197  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Yeah I think you could still go to the new thread and start today. I am not too worried about cleaning my house and getting organized. It's all about losing weight and looking hot for me. I've never been "hot". That would be cool.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:21 AM   #198  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey all, I'm going to be gone all weekend, so I just posted my weekly result. I'm down to 140.4 lbs!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #199  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

It seems to be one of those weekends when nobody is on any of my threads. Anyway, I ran a mile today, then did Jillian's kickboxing DVD. Eating.... I haven't hardly ate that much today. Cereal, some crackers and two turkey brats with baked Lays. I think that's less than 1,000 calories. HMM, Should I eat something now at 10:00 pm??
Old 05-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #200  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

Shannon on 140.

Mindy - I am having the hardest time getting onto the boards. This site just won't let me on. Grrr. Running, and then a Jillian video! You rock.

MissV - I totally missed the sign up thread, and just jumped onto the May thread. Go ahead and jumpon there. Says everyone is welcome.

Mary - What was your son thinking coming and not bringing your little princess! I haven't seen my little punkin for a few days, and I am having some withdrawal symptoms.

New - When we get to our hot selves, we will have to start a picture thread. However, it is going pretty darn slow over in my corner I won't have to worry about pictures any time soon. Like looking at everyone else's though.

Cindy - I love the pictures. You two make quite the team. Way to go on eating right while you are there. Shows that this really is a lifestyle change for you.

Shy - isn't it so frustrating spending a day trying to get on here, with no sucess? I made sure I posted my weight when I happened to get on, but it was 3 days early. Have fun chasing the new puppy.

Hi to Tanya, Monte, Practice, Institches, Rhonda, Me, Sportmom, Dixie, and anyone else I missed. I ran out of computer time, and now I must run and get ready for the company that is coming today. Gonna do a quick fast walk/jog on the treadmill first though.

Hope everyone enjoys the day.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #201  

Thanks everyone - I have gone ahead and went to the May BootCamp Challenge thread. Looking forward to it.

Jillian's new book has arrived so I have started eating in earnest. I recognise I have many of the symptoms of excess insulin, probably associated with PCOS but am angry that my GP has been so unsympathetic and told me so little! I am now starting to understand why, despite all the relatively healthy eating I do and the masses of exercise, my weight is coming off so slowly and I can't seem to ever get it below 213 pounds. I am eager to read on and learn about any further changes I can make to my lifestyle to help matters. I will tell you something, reading about what is going on inside my body makes it so much easier to say NO to the chocolate and pastries!!!

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

Lisa x
Old 05-04-2009, 04:37 AM   #202  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all it was a great weekend. got to wonder thru the woods lookiing for mushrooms also, in the middle of moving so probably be busy for next few weekends.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #203  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseCAT View Post
Let's try this again.....

Seems the boards are having issues again. I tried to post yesterday but it locked up again.
Yep, I've been having the same problems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSap View Post
Mindy -Thanks for the tip on the summer boot camp challenge. I need continued motivation so I'm heading over to that board right now!
Me too, I hope I'm not too late. If so I'll find something else, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerChic View Post
Hey all, I'm going to be gone all weekend, so I just posted my weekly result. I'm down to 140.4 lbs!
You're just amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVitality View Post
Jillian's new book has arrived so I have started eating in earnest. I recognise I have many of the symptoms of excess insulin, probably associated with PCOS but am angry that my GP has been so unsympathetic and told me so little! I am now starting to understand why, despite all the relatively healthy eating I do and the masses of exercise, my weight is coming off so slowly and I can't seem to ever get it below 213 pounds. I am eager to read on and learn about any further changes I can make to my lifestyle to help matters. I will tell you something, reading about what is going on inside my body makes it so much easier to say NO to the chocolate and pastries!!!
A good/compassionate Doctor makes all the difference. I could not break 172 until after my diagnosis. Is your Dr. female? I think my PCOS would have been recognized sooner if my previous two drs hadn't been male. One just thought I needed to have kids and my system would "fix" itself. The other suggested I start training to run a marathon. "What?" How does that help my ovaries? Okay, so the running has helped with the weight loss, but still, he was strange.

Besides having site issues, I had a death in the family and had to be out of town for 3 days. Sorry I left without mentioning anything, but I couldn't log in to the thread or my mailbox. I have a PM that mentioned I messed up last weeks results, so I need to go fix that. I'm very sorry, I was really a mess last week. It was my 3rd cousin who died, she was only 29 and it was a boating accident. It completely threw me off balance and my mind (and routine) has been shot since I got the call.

I'm going to go look at the spreadsheet now.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

dixied-I'm so sorry, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I am going to go get in a BodPod this afternoon and I saw a couple of classes at the base gym that look interesting and I found they have zumba, I miss going to zumba so much, so lets hope i can get some duct tape for my bad little inner voice!!!!!

I really hope this is the reality check I need. The Results are...

Weight:173.4(I knew that already, 173 this AM at home, the bodpod weight was at 3pm)
Fat Weight:66.1
Lean weight :107.2

Percent Fat:38.1%
Percent Lean:61.9
Est RMR:1376 calories

Est RMR x activity level= Sedentary-1706
Low Active-2091
Active-2394
Very Active-2848

Last edited by willow650; 05-04-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #206  

Dixied - so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family. Remember to take care of yourself to get through this.

My doctor is female so I would have thought she would be more sympathetic. She has given me very little information about my condition and when I have gone to see her about some of the unpleasant symptoms like unwanted hair and acanthosis nigricans, she has dismissed these as "cosmetic issues" which are not top of the NHS priority list. I understand resources are scarce but I think these go beyond being "cosmetic issues" as they have an adverse psychological impact. I fought long and hard to be referred to a dermatologist and eventually she relented. The dermatologist then told me I could not possibly have PCOS as I had regular periods so he considered my doctor's diagnosis was wrong!!! Honestly, it's so confusing. The PCOS was diagnosed via a blood test but from researching the condition, most people seem to have it confirmed via ultrasound. I have never been given that option. I'm finding I just need to research the condition myself and find the best ways of managing it. At least I've not been told to run a marathon to fix it That's just bizarre!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #207  

Thanks!

I fixed the results for last week. Typo on my part. We only had 2 runners-up, because everyone else maintained.

I was just thinking that some of us may have a problem logging in our weight. If you have technical difficulties, you can e-mail me your weight at dee.in.the.sun @ gmail.com. (Take out the spaces) I dunno what's going on with this site lately. I was having 3FC withdrawal.

CAT- You might want to do the same thing? Oh, and I forgot to say it in my last post, but your gandbaby is adorable.

I do think we need some sort of award for those who've lasted all challenge.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

oh, if anyone is interested, my birthday was last wednesday. For my B'day we all went to Disney. Here are some pics of our trip. I have never let pics be taken of me so this was huge for me. I actually like what I see in them.

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.ph...8&l=de59fbe530

Last edited by willow650; 05-04-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #209  

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
I am going to go get in a BodPod this afternoon and I saw a couple of glass at the base gym that look interesting and I found they have zumba, I miss going to zumba so much, so lets hope i can get some duct tape for my bad little inner voice!!!!!
I am so jealous! I can't find a bodpod in NWFL. I may need to drive east! You look great in your Birthday pcitures! Happy belated Birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVitality View Post
Dixied - so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family. Remember to take care of yourself to get through this.

My doctor is female so I would have thought she would be more sympathetic. She has given me very little information about my condition and when I have gone to see her about some of the unpleasant symptoms like unwanted hair and acanthosis nigricans, she has dismissed these as "cosmetic issues" which are not top of the NHS priority list. I understand resources are scarce but I think these go beyond being "cosmetic issues" as they have an adverse psychological impact. I fought long and hard to be referred to a dermatologist and eventually she relented. The dermatologist then told me I could not possibly have PCOS as I had regular periods so he considered my doctor's diagnosis was wrong!!! Honestly, it's so confusing. The PCOS was diagnosed via a blood test but from researching the condition, most people seem to have it confirmed via ultrasound. I have never been given that option. I'm finding I just need to research the condition myself and find the best ways of managing it. At least I've not been told to run a marathon to fix it That's just bizarre!
My PCOS was diagnosed by a process of looking at the symptoms, and eliminating everything else. My blood test came back mostly normal. I have had an ultrasound, but that just determined I have mulitple uterine fibroid cysts. Not necessarily a 100% PCOS confirmation, but when you take into account the excess hair, acne, ridiculously unreliable periods, etc. PCOS is the obvious diagnosis. The good news about the "cosmetic" issues are that there are solutions, and a lot of the problems go away or lessen once you manage to reign in the PCOS (somewhat) by losing some of the extra weight. At least that's been my experience since October. Have you checked out soulcycsters.com? Great resource! Your dematologist is an idiot. PCOS is a syndrome with a range of symptoms, you don't have to have all of them to have PCOS, just some to have a diagnosis. I find that most of us with PCOS are doing our own research and troubleshooting our symptoms. Even though it dates back to the 1930s (I think?) it's not anyone's top priority for research. Nothing glamorous about curing PCOS, I suppose. No race for a cure walks, no awareness campaigns. Sure, you don't die from it, it just makes your life suck. But something like 1 in 10 women have it. How many lives could be improved by correct diagnosis and treatments that worked? Most women just get sucked into the birth control will fix it myth, perpetuating the cycle further. Okay, I'll step off the soapbox now.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #210  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Mandy - LOOKING GOOD; I love the wind blown look when you were on the ferry. I can so relate to not wanting pictures taken of me but this trip has been different. I even let Brooke take one of me in my bathing suit and have it posted on my FB page.

Dee, do I need to run my numbers again for last week or where you just suggesting I post my email? Here is mine before I forget: CruiseCAT at verizon dot net. I am so sorry to hear about your cousin; what a tragic loss at such a young age.

I am not familiar with PCOS but I will say from experience that doctors and vets alike know little about nutrition.

Me4Life - Woods Mushrooms???? Do Tell!!!

Having great time, went to the beach yesterday. I won't bore you with a large number of pictures, just a couple. Here is just one of Noah and one of Karl and I.