Old 09-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #196  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger n my mirror View Post
Ok, I have to post a picture of my baby too. This is my Jacob after a fun day at his grandparents farm. He was very dirty and very happy.

ahhhh so this is the messy face everyone is talking about....when i was on here earlier it was just a red X in a box...but this time it showed up. very cute, dirty but very cute
Old 09-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #197  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
Hey everyone...a quick drive-by...
Breakfast: whatever I can grab on the way out to the spa!
Lunch: a sandwich at my fave NY Deli
Dinner: who knows...
Sorry, I am not much help!

Made my bracelet last night, I am wearing it right now...

Well, I gotta run...mmm, spa appointment (massage, bpdy scrub, facial). It's Spa Week, if you are interested in cheap spa treatments (west coast, everywhere else in October). I have a million errands to do after work too, but I will try to check in tonight.

Have a great day everyone!!!

--Misty
Your Bracelet is very pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dancer View Post
He. He. We have a cat, too. Sabryna isn't too fond of him. And he just loooves her. She treats him like a PITA little brother. If he gets too close or touches her, she will growl and chase him off. Occasionally, she will allow him to lie down nearby and hang out for a few minutes... As long as he behaves. But, the minute he starts acting like a cat, he is out of there.

Everybody's doggies are so sweet.

Here is Sabryna, getting vacuumed by my son, a year ago Spring.
AWE!!! She's so cute . It looks like she did the vacuming and now she's ready for a braek..LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife02 View Post
Here are my kids the other day....my son has discovered Thomas the Train and he's always playing with them and they go everywhere with us Even to the sitter and to school to pick up his sister lol

Cute kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
I walked for almost 3 hours today Red team...how's that for burning off some football snacks!! I hope everyone is having a beautiful day!! Once my game is over I'll get the exercise challenge posted up.

Quote:
Ok, I have to post a picture of my baby too. This is my Jacob after a fun day at his grandparents farm. He was very dirty and very happy.

He's so cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkneec19 View Post
Ahhhhh!!!!

What a horrible day I'm having.

Someone slap me through the computer PLEASE.

I had 2 donuts for breakfast today (what????? What's wrong with me? 2??? I could have just fit one in.. but TWO????) Then I went to target and ate a bag of beef jerky for early lunch/snack (again...am I nuts???) When I got home (I was in the car all day drivin around) I finished off my homemade salsa(yum..good stuff. nothing bad in it at all) but ate it with Red Hot Blues chips..had like..half the bag. I haven't been exercising lately..and I just feel like crap. What happened to my momentum? Usually at this point I give up and go completely back to old ways. You, my red team..are the reason I am not. Ugh...I just...*sigh*

Why, oh WHY must I love donuts and chips so much!!???

I'm going to my parents for dinner. I shall practice portion control. And when I get back, I'll go to the gym...or do my Turbo Jam video. I hope I still get a loss this week.
I'm sorry you had a bad day! Just don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Thistime- Your dogs ears are cute they way they fold over at the end. He is cute too.
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinemommyof2 View Post
I'm having a not so great day, too! Weekends are definitely the hardest to stay on track for me. Today we had a soccer game at 10:30 in one part of town, and a game at 2 in the other part of town, and we had to run an errand to the soccer store in between. So what's that mean? Fast food lunch. Yuck! We went to Arby's, because that way the kids get the deli sandwich with applesauce and milk, and I skipped my fries. But I had dr. pepper. I just can't resist the stuff! The good news is I had 1 and a half, instead of the 3-4 I would usually drink.

dkneec19 - keep going girl! You've got a great plan for getting back on track by going to the gym or doing your turbo jam. You motivate me!

Have a great night!
Atleast you had half of what you would eat. Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam101 View Post
Hi Team

Controlled desires for bags of corn chips and chocolate today

Oh - and I bought Twilight and read almost all of it. It must be a popular book, as they already have it translated into Hebrew in the shops, too.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow's weigh-in.....

!!!
Twilight's good isn't it? No corn chips, no chocolate..... I'll keep my fingers crossed for your weigh in tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
Love the dogs and kids -- you guys are so good at keeping up -- me -- not so much, but I'll add a kid/dog picture too -- because we took it the other night so my son could add his two favorite things to his scrap book page for school -- his big brother and his puppy -- Dakota was a rescue 7 years ago from a shelter, he's had cancer once and lucked out because his "Aunt" (my sister) is a Vet Tech and her doctor was awesome enough to remove his tumor for a greatly reduced fee!! That was 2 years ago and we've lucked out that it didn't come back.

Diet hasn't been too good this week, but I'm ready to get back on track -- started a new job the week the kids started school two weeks ago and I think I'm finally settled in enough to get my eating back on track.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
I'm glad you like your new job and that your able to get back on track. Beautiful picture!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #198  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

well i saw some size 11 nike shoes on one of my yahoo groups, and she lives in my housing village on post, just on the other side of it almost....so we decided to walk...and well IIIII decided to walk. Abigail rode her bike and Alex got a long ride in his big stroller lol well we walked the long way there and stayed and chatted with the lady and her kids and then we took the shortest route we could on the way home since it was already dark. all total we (ummm. i mean I) walked about 3.875 miles (7750 steps appx, and according to most things I've read it says 2000 steps = 1 mile) in about 70 minutes total walking time (not including when we were there standing around chatting).
so a good workout. about 329 calories burned for the walk. so i still got in a workout unintentionally hadnt planned on buying $10 nikes tonight after dinner....but i'm happy i walked. (PLUS I can be happy I didnt waste gas driving 4 miles, I only burned my calories and not my precious gasoline) LOL so i can relax tomorrow and study knowing i got a good workout in this weekend ---- since it's lots of up and down hills on the sidewalks we went on, so not much level ground. so i got a good cardio workout and feel the toning in my arms from pushing that 27 lb stroller with a 32 lb toddler in it up/down those hills for the long walk. LOL

Last edited by ArmyWife02; 09-20-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:38 PM   #199  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

yippee! just read the challenge, i'm excited! I've posted my commitment! and I even copied it over into my blog, so i can keep up with it there too. I plan to do 10 minutes/day on teh weekends and at least 30 minutes/day during the school week. that's doable and will give me the extra push i need to get back on routine. so is there anything we get if we stick to our commitment and succeed at our goals? maybe something like we did last challenge and win a red team badge we could put in our signatures or use as an avatar? or something fun like that? just an idea.....
Old 09-21-2008, 12:42 AM   #200  
SOFTBALL MOMMA

S/C/G: 235/231/160

misty cute bracelet
cute kids and dogs everyone
we have a half lab/pittbull was suppose to be half lab/sharpei, pound lied
didn't get my lab dog, got a huge moose

we are allowed to make splurges when necessary or when we want. we are making lifestyle changes not on a diet. we can eat what we want when we want, we just choose not too.
life is about choices and we are making the ones we want.

bought a wii today.
OMG!!!! what fun, my husband and i have been playing it for 2 hours.
goal is to get the wii fit and dance later when save up money again.
spent the whole day being line judge and score keeper from 830 til 4pm, including our own kids games. makes for long days.
tomorrow is cleaning house and dump days with having my only day off of the week.
doing a volleyball practice tomorrow for girls that need the extra help.
the extra miles we go for our kids

holly
Old 09-21-2008, 12:44 AM   #201  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Well, my massage and facial were AMAZING!!!!!!! AHHHHH!

Had a sandwich for lunch, will probably have a salad and some frozen pizza as a late dinner. Hope everyone had a great Saturday! Bye for tonight!

ETA: Thanks for all the compliments on the bracelet! I used to bead all the time, I forgot how much I love it! I bought some more so I can get back into it.

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 09-21-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:46 AM   #202  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi Yall,

I'm a little disappointed in my weigh in for this week - maybe TOM's creeping up. Ugh. Doesn't make me happy though.

My youngest kids has the mother of all eye infections - he looks like he has the eyes of the devil, LOL, which is funny, because otherwise he looks so angelic!!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:48 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 265/230/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! I had a fairly good day, considering I went to a birthday party where they had *gasp* German Chocolate Cake! I saw it sitting on the table, front and center, and wanted to walk right back out the door and get away! Away! Chocolate is my downfall, and cake, well... it's cake! Instead I took deep breaths, went immediately for the water and filled myself up until I was gushing. Then, when it was time for cake, I would love to say I passed it up completely. But, I didn't. Instead I had a small piece and ate it slooooowly as I watched others go back for seconds.

Congratulations to everyone on their good work and their losses!!!! I'm so proud of everyone!!

stranger n my mirror - Jacob is soooo cute!!! I love messy pictures the best, there's just so much glee in them.

armywife - Your little ones do look like little cherubs! That hair! Soooo cute!!

I've lost track of what dog belonged to who, but I just have to say they are alll soooo cute!!! I just love dogs. My sister has a herding dog also -- it's a different sort, but Sky is super smart and herds all the kids & other animals just like they were her sheep She does need a lot of exercise & play-- fortunately my sister lives in Idaho so there's lots of room to run, and the kids are more than happy to get out and give Sky a run for her money.

I was adopted by cats before I could get a dog, so unfortunately no doggies for me. Just 3 cats.

dkneec19 - Don't let the doughnuts & chips get you down!!! You're not alone -- I have had sooooo many days like that (so many, I don't even want to count!). Just keep going forward. One bad day won't hurt you, as long as it doesn't turn into a month of bad days And we're all here for you to help you stop that from happening! You can do it!

mtiger & modcat - Thank you so much!! When I'm feeling really low sometimes I look at the befores, just to remind myself how far I've come, and that it's worth it. The blonde hair was something I did when I'd lost half my goal weight. Most my family is blonde, so as the dark-haired one I've always wanted to see how the other half lived I'll probably go dark again, just because I always think of myself as a brunette and forget I'm blonde now Plus, its just too darn expensive to keep up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Forgot to mention something. I bought my copy of Basingr today. The next in the series of Eragon and Eldest. Can't wait to get started.
I loved that series! I ordered my copy through Amazon, so I'm just waiting for it to arrive. I can't wait too!!

For Friday's Question -- I usually do a little worse eating-wise on the weekend (home with all the food!), but a little better on the exercise front (more time to get myself to work out). I guess it pretty much cancels out. Except on days like today where there's a bday party, so I eat worse AND I don't work out. I'm going to have to do extra time in the gym tomorrow to make up.

I guess I should get myself to bed. I really have to start going to sleep before 3am. At least I'm really good on that no eating 3 hrs before bed rule

Since you all will be getting this when it's morning for you, Good Morning & Have a happy Sunday!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:46 AM   #204  
Going to Turn It Around

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'4"

I have asked my family that they not bring "bad foods" into my house that are a temptation to me. Well, yesterday my husband came in with two boxes of Little Debbie Cakes and a big bag of Cheetos. Poison! Before I went to bed last night I told him to put them away somewhere. I got up about an hour ago and there they were, right on my dining room table. I emptied the bag of Cheetos into the trash. And so that he would finally get a clue, I put the boxes of cakes on the floor and stomped all over them. They are back on the table.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:39 AM   #205  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Oh man stranger - I know how hard THAT is! My husband is a naturally thin junkaholic and he refuses to change his habits because of me. Good for you for being strong!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naia View Post
I was adopted by cats before I could get a dog, so unfortunately no doggies for me. Just 3 cats.
I had two cats before my husband and he had one. We still have three cats!

Boots

Possum (a.k.a. Tubby, Orcatron and Fatty McCatty)

Zeppo

We have a total of five furries in our house...the titular head of the household? Zeppo! He's a 17lb cat - my dogs are both 50lbs or so. Zeppo routinely smacks them around. The kitties rule the roost around here. The dogs do on occasion try to herd the cats - but they are only minimally tolerant of this behavior - especially Tubby. Typically they just lay down and ignore the dogs.

Quote:
I have asked my family that they not bring "bad foods" into my house that are a temptation to me. Well, yesterday my husband came in with two boxes of Little Debbie Cakes and a big bag of Cheetos. Poison! Before I went to bed last night I told him to put them away somewhere. I got up about an hour ago and there they were, right on my dining room table. I emptied the bag of Cheetos into the trash. And so that he would finally get a clue, I put the boxes of cakes on the floor and stomped all over them. They are back on the table.
This is the funniest thing I've read all morning! I certainly hope he gets a clue! But man...I'm just picturing the joy of STOMPING *squish* right down on a box of Little Debbie Cakes. I just think that would be satisfying as all get out...maybe I'll try that sometime?

Okay, I'm off to check out our new challenge!
Old 09-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #207  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Well, after 2 day's of some serious emotional eating, I think I am ready to cut it out and get back on track. I am pretty sure my scale will reflect these last two days and for that I am sorry, but it is what it is. I think I am ready to get back on track today. Mel, I think I just took a two pounder #2. :P

It's a long story, but I blogged it as short as I could. If anyone wants to see why I've emotionally ate for two days...Here ya go.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #208  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Quote:
YOU GO GIRL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Well, after 2 day's of some serious emotional eating, I think I am ready to cut it out and get back on track. I am pretty sure my scale will reflect these last two days and for that I am sorry, but it is what it is. I think I am ready to get back on track today. Mel, I think I just took a two pounder #2. :P

It's a long story, but I blogged it as short as I could. If anyone wants to see why I've emotionally ate for two days...Here ya go.
I know your going through a really rough time right now, but you can do this Roni. I know you can.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

oh Diva!

That makes it so hard to stay on track and to get back on track. Kudos to you for doing so well~!

Last edited by kellybones; 09-21-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:03 AM   #210  
From squishy to buff.....

S/C/G: 325/145/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybones View Post
I had two cats before my husband and he had one. We still have three cats!

Boots

Possum (a.k.a. Tubby, Orcatron and Fatty McCatty)

Zeppo

We have a total of five furries in our house...the titular head of the household? Zeppo! He's a 17lb cat - my dogs are both 50lbs or so. Zeppo routinely smacks them around. The kitties rule the roost around here. The dogs do on occasion try to herd the cats - but they are only minimally tolerant of this behavior - especially Tubby. Typically they just lay down and ignore the dogs.

This is the funniest thing I've read all morning! I certainly hope he gets a clue! But man...I'm just picturing the joy of STOMPING *squish* right down on a box of Little Debbie Cakes. I just think that would be satisfying as all get out...maybe I'll try that sometime?

Okay, I'm off to check out our new challenge!
Kellybones, your kitties are so cute! We have 2, a silver tabby named Smokey and a little black kitty named Misty. Cats are our faves.