3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   We Are Family - Red Team Chat Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/151474-we-family-red-team-chat-thread.html)

dkneec19 09-14-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredone (Post 2360887)
I'm not familiar with this program but it sounds as if it is too intense for you right now. Maybe you could tone it down a bit until you work up to the full workout. All the best to you.

Yeah, see I think you're right. I KNOW you're right. I just get annoyed with my body because I can do sprints on the treadmill and get my heart rate pretttty high and feel fine. But DANG Bob works you out in this one. Especially with those jumping lunges. OI!

dkneec19 09-14-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie77 (Post 2360889)
1. What would you like us to call you? Carrie.

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? I LOVE the Dance Dance Revolution game as well and I definately sweat at it, but I also love the treadmill and running around after my children.

You do DDR too!!! SWEET!! Do you do workout mode? Game mode? I personally love training mode because you don't have to wait for the system to go through the lameness of telling you how you did AND you can make the music slower or faster. I'm still stuck on light mode, but I'm gonna get to regular eventually!!

ksk571 09-14-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amany (Post 2360852)
3. What is your favorite way to exercise? It varies. Sometimes it's the track. Lately it's been Callanetics.

I've done some Callanetic off and on (mostly off) for the past 20 years. I have some old vhs's that I do on occasion. I need to pull them back out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hun.e.B (Post 2360807)
8. Best weight loss tip? use a smaller plate for meals and chew peppermint gum! most importantly STOP MAKING EXCUSES!

What's the significance of Peppermint? Does any mint do or is there something special about peppermint?

MonteCristo 09-14-2008 12:12 PM

Red Team Get to know you Survey

So all of our Red team members if you could be so kind as to introduce, or reintroduce yourselves with the following survey.

1. What would you like us to call you? Monte or Antonia, whichever is easier to remember.

2. What eating plan are you using? Calorie Counting

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Running

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Sticking with my exercise program

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Maintaining a positive additude.

6. What is your short term goal? For this challenge, I want to be "normal", which for me is 154

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I want to get a nice wool coat for this winter

8. Best weight loss tip? Slow and steady wins the race!

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? I'm not familiar with either

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I'm 22, and I'm a cost accountant. I live at home with my parents and eight younger siblings. My hobbies include crochet and movies. I hope to become a special agent in the FBI within the next three years.

Hun.e.B 09-14-2008 12:14 PM

Karen...the smell of peppermint is supposed to get rid of cravings. Its worked for me, I got some peppermint candles and light em if I get a strong craving. Its along the same lines of brushing your teeth when you get a craving. For whatever reason peppermint works

julie99s 09-14-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkneec19 (Post 2360862)
""3. What is your favorite way to exercise?My workout dvds. Lately, Biggest Loser Cardio Max"" This is a quote from Julie (AKA Hey, you) My quote thing didn't work!! argh!!

Do you have any pointers for the Carido Max DVD, because everytime I try to do it, I feel like I'm going to throw up. :?:

Ya know, I felt like puking the first few times doing it. It really kicked my butt (it still makes me pour sweat!). I really don't have any pointers except keep doing it. You'll build up endurance. Last week I added Jillian's 10 minute section and I felt like puking then dying. I haven't tried it again since then, but with Bob's getting a little bit easier each time, I'm gonna have to eventually.

So that's my pointer. Just keep doing it and the pukey feeling should subside :)

Quillie 09-14-2008 12:17 PM

1. What would you like us to call you? Jo, but Quillie will do to!

2. What eating plan are you using? Counting calories for now

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Eerg, hmm?

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Exercise!

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Logging and not eating too much

6. What is your short term goal? 205

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Spanx? Anybody tried them?

8. Best weight loss tip? Just say no.

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? We don't have the biggest loser!

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I'm from Belgium, a student but currently working for a few weeks and fruit makes me hungry but I love it. (also I want to be the biggest loser!)

ksk571 09-14-2008 12:19 PM

1. What would you like us to call you? Karen

2. What eating plan are you using? I really struggled the last challenge (ending it higher than my start weight). On the last day of the last challenge, I started calorie counting (about 1450 cals a day) and have been doing that for about a month.

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Zumba! This is a latin dance based exercise class that I take locally. It's very fun!

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Lately, my exercise has been really suffering. I work 2 jobs right now (in the process of giving up the 2nd one) and have a hard time finding the time and energy to get it done.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? This seems to vary. Sometimes nothing, but once I get started and motivated, I do well.

6. What is your short term goal? 12.5 lbs which will get me to 150!

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Hopefully, I'll be a smaller size and will need some new clothes.
8. Best weight loss tip? Don't give up. If you messed up your diet or didn't exercise, put it in the past and keep pushing along. The past is just that....the past. Today is a new day!

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? I am Switzerland! :D

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I am a 37 yo singleton. I used to be very thin, but depression and stress got the better of me! I have 2 dogs :) and 2 jobs :(. I am an emotional person...and an emotional eater. I've struggled for years to get this weight off, and this is my year to finally see lasting results! I'm going to do this!

ksk571 09-14-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hun.e.B (Post 2360917)
Karen...the smell of peppermint is supposed to get rid of cravings. Its worked for me, I got some peppermint candles and light em if I get a strong craving. Its along the same lines of brushing your teeth when you get a craving. For whatever reason peppermint works

I'll have to give this a try! Seems like I've heard that before but it must have slipped my mind!

julie99s 09-14-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkneec19 (Post 2360890)
Yeah, see I think you're right. I KNOW you're right. I just get annoyed with my body because I can do sprints on the treadmill and get my heart rate pretttty high and feel fine. But DANG Bob works you out in this one. Especially with those jumping lunges. OI!

OMG, you're doing the jumping lunges?? I still can't do those! I'd end up twisted on the floor, head over heels. I'd go low impact first... He still kicks your butt low impact.

chinacat 09-14-2008 12:34 PM

1. What would you like us to call you? Teri

2. What eating plan are you using? WW Flex plan

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? Exercise DVD's

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Portion control

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Drinking plenty of water

6. What is your short term goal? 20 pounds

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? New pair of jeans

8. Best weight loss tip? Never eat after 6 pm and preplan meals

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? Bob. He has a gentler approach

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I am a 53 year old nurse living in New Jersey with my 4 cute bulldogs. I have been overweight ever since high school. I have been on many diets throughout the years, but always quit within a month or two. This is the most I've ever weighed and need to do something soon. I am excited to start the challenge and look forward to getting to know all my team members. :dancer:

ksk571 09-14-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinacat (Post 2360950)
10. Tell us a little about yourself! I am a 53 year old nurse living in New Jersey with my 4 cute bulldogs. I have been overweight ever since high school. I have been on many diets throughout the years, but always quit within a month or two. This is the most I've ever weighed and need to do something soon. I am excited to start the challenge and look forward to getting to know all my team members. :dancer:

Bulldogs are so cute! :) They crack me up. I loved the one that was on Greatest American Dog this summer!

ArmyWife02 09-14-2008 12:47 PM

HOOAH!!! SO happy to be back on Red team this challenge!! Welcome back to all the former Reds and welcome to all the newbies and Black Team transplants as well!!
We CAN do this y'all!!! (Yes, I'm a southern girl, I was born and raised in GA).

I wanted to get my survey done and posted before I forget. I need to feed us breakfast (we slept in this morning) then hit the commissary for a couple groceries and milk. So I'll be back on later on to catch up on the last few pages. promise! well, maybe after I finish my accounting homework...

Red Team Get to know you Survey

1. What would you like us to call you? Mandey or ArmyWife02 (I picked this because I became an Army wife in 2002)

2. What eating plan are you using? I was counting calories, but that got old for me but I need to find something that will work for me (that's cheap or free)....so might be back at calorie counting again soon. I've taken a break since the Beachy challenge ended.

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? WATP dvds, I am trying some I don't have yet on Netflix (till I can find them on sale to buy)....

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? being OP with both exercise and food at the same time. I've gotten way off track on workouts lately, and plan to get back to a routine. School has thrown my off schedule and it's hard to juggle it all till I get used to it.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? Drinking my water. And when I do workout, I do it wholeheartedly :)

6. What is your short term goal? Lose these last pesky 8 lbs. TONE UP all over!

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? More clothes that fit! I mostly just fit into my workout clothes (since they're elastic) right now. I ended the last challenge as a size 6 pants and small/med shirts and need to buy more so I have choices in the morning for clothes (all my 8s and 10s and Large shirts are too big and I'm trying to sell them - so I have no excuses to get back into those clothes). ;)

8. Best weight loss tip? POST POST POST!!! The support here is great!! Drink your water. Do some intentional exercise. Eat right as much as possible, but have one meal a week that's not OP so you don't feel deprived.

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? Haven't seen the show, but I did Netflix the 30 Day Shred, looked easy, but it wasn't. I think Jillian since she pushes you to the limit.

10. Tell us a little about yourself! I am an Army wife. I've been married to my soldier for about 6.5 years (he's been deployed for abotu 3 years total of that). And he's been in the Army for almost 8 years. We have two kids, Abigail is almost 6 yrs old and in kindergarten this year, and Alex is almost 3 years old. We have a yellow lab named Diego who just turned 1 yr old last month. I recently went back to college, am attending the local college here in town, but have class here on post (Ft Hood) since it's closer and classes are only 8 weeks long. I am an Accounting/Business Administration major and when I finish my 2 yr Biz Admin degree I can transfer to the 4yr college here (and still take classes on post) and get my Accounting degree.

Enygirl 09-14-2008 12:55 PM

GO RED TEAM!!!
I'm SO glad that I joined this challenge! This is going to be great - and we're going to kick somE BLUE TEAM BUTT!!! :kickbutt:

My goal is to lose #25 this challenge - it's going to be tough - but I can do it! :) I'm getting married in 3 weeks! My goal is to be in the #170s on the big day! I'm working hard towards it!

Ok - I'm off for now. I'll check in in awhile! I'm looking forward to getting to know new people - and happy that I see some familiar faces!
GO RED!

happy2bme 09-14-2008 01:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Red Teammates :wave:

Glad to see the Challenge finally start back up again. For some reason this break seemed long.

I'm excited to be on the red team and look forward to getting to know you. I will admit at first with so many postings, I can't keep up. So ... I know I won't get to address everyone and I won't take it personal if I post and no one specifically responds to me at first - that's just how it is when we are getting started.

I'm looking forward to some of Melissa's motivational talks and mini challenges and really glad to be on Diva's team again - love your spirit girl :cheer2:

I liked the idea of a red team bracelet - mine is at the bottom of the post. We don't get very good cell phone reception at home so it was hard to get a good shot posted but this is mine unless I hit the bead store this afternoon!

As for the introductions:

1. What would you like us to call you? Happy is fine

2. What eating plan are you using? I was advised to follow a low carb 1500 calorie a day eating plan but I find WW points much easier to follow. With the challenge in gear now, I'm really going to try and focus on the dietician's plan.

3. What is your favorite way to exercise? I enjoy swimming the most. My long term goal is to make it longer than 45 seconds on the eliptical. :o

4. What is one area of weightloss that you struggle with? Consistency. I start out gangbusters but if I have an off day if I don't get right back to business again, I have a tendency to slide back to old bad habits.

5. What is one area of weightloss that you excel at? I got really good at logging my food. When I do that I pay much closer attention to what and how much I'm eating and even keeps me from eating something I shouldn't.

6. What is your short term goal? I lose slowly and am hoping to drop at least 15 pounds for this challenge. More would be better of course.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Clothes - I love clothes. I also have some nice stuff in the back of the closet I didn't get to wear too much.

8. Best weight loss tip? Always think about what you're doing or not doing. Think about having food ready so that you aren't grabbing any old thing when you're starving. Think about making a better choice for your food. Think about the value of sticking with your committements, even if you don't feel like it at the moment.

9. Who is your favorite trainer Bob or Jillian? Bob is sympathetic but I really need Jillian to push me - so Jillian. :drill:

10. Tell us a little about yourselfI was recently diagnosed with pre-diabetes. I realize this is a serious wake up call to start paying attention so I joined a gym, reformed my previous night owl habits into an early to bed kid so I can get up at 4:30am and get to the gym when it opens at 5:15. I realize I am really out of shape but push myself to add more intensity to my 4 times a week workouts as each week passes. I need to be better with my food. I've always ate healthy but I need to focus on planning, portion control and sticking with the plan my nutritionist gave me. I'm excited to be back on the challenge again because there's something about doing things with a group that gives you the extra drive over doing it alone.