3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   All Teams Chat Thread Till Next Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/148831-all-teams-chat-thread-till-next-challenge.html)

practiceliving 08-13-2008 12:25 PM

Wow, congrats to all the teams on their BIG accomplishments last challenge! Very inspiring and motivating for the upcoming challenge!

I have a request for you all - tell me what your favourite healthy dinner is! My fiance and I are getting into a serious rut with our meal plans, and I'd like to introduce some new choices.

Diva 08-13-2008 01:00 PM

YAY! Julz I am Glad you're ok girly!!!!

:bravo: Josephine!!!!! :cp: You did such and awesome job! WTG!!!!

Congratz to Heather & GlitterLicious too for being their tems Biggest loser as well!:carrot:

Congratz to ALL of us for making through 15 weeks of logging in and being accountable and for supporting our teams! We ALL rock! I hope the next challenge is as awesome as this one!!! WoooHoooo! :D

just keep swimming 08-13-2008 01:07 PM

Congratulations, Blue Team, Heather, Glitter, and Josephine!!

Can't wait for the next challenge!

Bette k 08-13-2008 01:21 PM

Hi Everyone,
Great Job on the challenge everyone.
My goal for the break is to get below 230 and to workout 5 days a week at least. My goal for the next year is get to a healthy weight and be able to run with my son when he returns from his overseas duty a year from october.
I'll try to look in at several times a week if I can.
Hope everyone has a great week
Bettek

MonteCristo 08-13-2008 01:22 PM

Congratulations to all our Biggest Losers!! I can't say that I'm surprised at the outcome. I've been completely in awe of Josephine since the beginning of the challenge. You are amazing!!

Fat Chick B Gone 08-13-2008 01:47 PM

Hey girls, I'm so behind here!! I head back to Charlotte tonight and hope to get caught up!
Miss everyone and congrats to all the losers!!

ceegee 08-13-2008 02:07 PM

Congratulations Blue Team!!!!

Congratulations Josephine! You must feel fantastic.

Great job to Heather, Glitter, and EVERYONE who finished!

Looking forward to next challenge!

ceegee 08-13-2008 02:11 PM

Pimping out myself

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceegee (Post 2314693)
Hi all,

I read the rules, and I think this is okay to post, but if not please don't hurt me, lol.

Now that I have ditched the weight, I am going to try to go on cruise!

A video I submitted is one of 10 finalists in a contest to win a free cruise aboard the Carnival Splendor Mayercraft Carrier!

I need your help to win though, as the top 3 will be decided by who gets the most votes.

The site is not the friendliest, so I am going to try and lay it out here. Most of you won’t need this level of detail though

All you have to do is go to:
1) http://www.evencraftier.com/
2) Click on “Top Ten”. Then for the video “I want to be a ROCK STAR: JOHN MAYER EDITION” click the vote ribbon.
The first time you will need to REGISTER. You are only registering to vote. All you need is an email address. You will get a confirmation email, and then you can LOGIN to vote once every 24 hours.
When you go to vote again in 24 hours, you need to click the ribbon and LOGIN. It will kick you back to the main screen, so click on Top Ten again, and then on our ribbon.

Once it registers your vote, the ribbons will disappear and you will get a “thank you” (or something like that).
You can vote once every 24 hours so PLEASE PLEASE do it at least once through August 27th at 11:59pm.

3) Tell your friends!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

:hug:

ArmyWife02 08-13-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pintobean (Post 2314340)
[CENTER][COLOR=navy]
I don't have a scale that would do it hence, I'm kinda looking for something other than a weighing scale.

I use this site http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm to calculate the BMI. My hubby has a personal trainer's college book, but it gets complicated to calculate BMI...but it ends up being the same as the website gives me. and it's similar on the website, just need feet and inches of your height and your current weight ;) good luck!

ArmyWife02 08-13-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimProbable (Post 2314406)
Somebody was talking about body fat % and I want to see what people's opinions are of those bathroom scales that do body fat %. I saw one in the Avon catalogue last night that does weight, bone density, body fat %, and hydration level for $59. It sounds really cool but I'm hesitant to spend the money if it doesn't really work.

I have one that does the water percentage, body fat percentage, and weight...i have found that the body fat percentage it gives me is way off from every other place i calculate it. I am currently 21.6% body fat, yet my scale keeps tell me i'm at abotu 29-31% body fat....don't know why?! so i just use http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm to calculate it for me and it's much more accurate. good luck.

happy2bme 08-13-2008 02:58 PM

Congratulations BLUE TEAM for winning the JB Challenge. And some INCREDIBLE weight loses for each team's biggest loser. Wow!!! You're showing it really can get done. :cp:

Although the BLACK team were no slouches with 389 pounds gone.

Congrats to all 3 teams. We should all be proud for sticking it out.

Cheree - if you're checking in, thank you very much for answering my questions. I've been doing FLEX for a long time, I guess it's just putting your mind to it to make Core work too. I can't do sugar substitutes of any kind, hence my question...

suitejudyblueeyes 08-13-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyWife02 (Post 2314736)
I have one that does the water percentage, body fat percentage, and weight...i have found that the body fat percentage it gives me is way off from every other place i calculate it. I am currently 21.6% body fat, yet my scale keeps tell me i'm at abotu 29-31% body fat....don't know why?! so i just use http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm to calculate it for me and it's much more accurate. good luck.

That site only computes BMI - BMI is different from body fat percentage. Maybe that's why you're getting such conflicting numbers?

At home scale read-outs for body fat percentage leave a lot to be desired. This is a good post about some of the problems with it:
http://calorielab.com/news/2006/03/0...-than-desired/

However, I admit I have a scale at home that does BF% and I do check it time to time. I do not use it to measure my progress, however, because it can fluctuate so crazily. I think the only way to get a decent measurement is to be measured with calipers or do that dunk-in-swimming-pool-of-electrified-water thing. :p

ETA: Calorie Lab also has an article about ways to find out body fat %...
http://calorielab.com/news/2005/10/2...in-a-nutshell/

taragettingthin 08-13-2008 03:24 PM

Wow, I was gone for one day and this thread is surely flying!

It's been CRAZY at work...and looks like will be that way till this Sunday or sometime next week. So it's been hard for me to visit here since I usually read and post things while at work. ;)

I saw 170's today but am not sure yet because I am still on my TOM and I'm not going to have my hopes up till this Saturday, my weekly weigh-in. I changed my weekly weigh-in from Monday to Saturday so it can keep me focused on weekends. :)

I had to go to court for my divorce today and just got home. I better get going so I can do some exercise before getting ready for work.

chiquita623 08-13-2008 03:35 PM

Tara - hope things went OK for you.

Just got back from lunch with the bosses. 2 of the 4 took me and the other gal here in the office out for lunch to TGI Friday's. I had the strawberry/chicken breast salad. It was so good and hopefully not too loaded with sugar or sodium. The dressing was balsalmic viniagrette and it was a little sweet tasting. Oh well, I did the best I could with what I had to pick from.

DBF just called and wants to go to a baseball game tonight. Free hot dogs and peanuts through the 7th inning. I think I'll pack something to take. Maybe an orange or apple and some cheese sticks. Should be fun. The weather is supposed to only be in the upper 60's this evening.

Better hop off here for now. Gotta get back to work. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Nori71 08-13-2008 03:43 PM

Jaime - That's cool. Your recipe for butternut tacos looks WONDERFUL!!! I think I could transition to more vegetarian meals - when I say vegetarian I still use organic dairy products and cheese. My DH and girls like most of the vegetarian recipes I make, but DH would never agree to transition completely. And, I'm not sure I could either. I don't believe that I could be vegan though. I adore cheese too much.