3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   All Teams Chat Thread Till Next Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/148831-all-teams-chat-thread-till-next-challenge.html)

Hopefulpinkangel 08-13-2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doragone (Post 2313810)

What's your favorite OP treat???

My favorite OP treat are these mini 2 point ice cream cones. I forget the brand, but they are similar to nutty buddies but without the nuts. I love them because they taste good and I feel like I am getting a treat, but they are only 2 points. :)

Hopefulpinkangel 08-13-2008 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2313645)
Hi Ladies & Gents!

I'm officially back from India, and totally ready to rock this joint. Especially since I have this little wedding to attend in October >_> Just something to look forward to, and to work towards.

Welcome back!! We missed you!! :hug:

pintobean 08-13-2008 07:41 AM

Dora, ok...I can definitely see the difference girl. Your face, butt, tummy, legs everywhere...we can tell the difference :D As Jo said it the side shot shows everything :D So your efforts have not been a waste and you're doing an awesome job!!! Keep it going :)

Amy, Congrats on the amazing loss girl! I can't see your pictures from work :( I'll definitely check it out when I go home.

Fae, Yay!!!!! You're back!!!! Missed ya :D

Mrs Snark 08-13-2008 07:49 AM

My favorite OP treat is a tablespoon of natural peanut butter. DH once timed me taking 33 minutes to eat that 1 tablespoon. I've learned to saaaaaaaaaaavor it.

Diva 08-13-2008 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimProbable (Post 2313755)
I've only ever done one major race before and I didn't really do a recovery period, I just quit running because I didn't have a post-race goal. So yeah, in that "recovery period" I gained 30 lbs. ;)

This time around my recovery period will be 13 days (1 day for each mile) then I'll be back training for my 10-miler in October. I'm not expecting I'll lose much during those 13 days since I'll be going from running 30-40K each week to not running at all. I'm actually on my taper week (I haven't run since last Wednesday) and I'm trying to be careful with my eating to reflect the drop in my activity level.

I got the go-ahead from my clinic instructor to do 30 minutes of non-running activity today and tomorrow and I was very happy to get on the elliptical this evening. I've been getting antsy from not getting my exercise buzz so working up a good sweat was a relief!

This evening our clinic group went out for supper which was a really nice way to wrap up the 16 weeks, but I'm also sad that it's over. I've really been enjoying the 3 runs we do together each week and I'm worried I'll lose my momentum. To top it all of, my running buddy is moving to China in 10 days. :(

I guess I'll have to shift my focus a bit. DH is joining the TBL challenge and he's getting ready for his clinic in November so he'll be some good inspiration. :D

Wow. Thanks. I dunno if I'll be doing it if it means not exercising in between races. There's NO way I can go without exercising more than 1 week, ask my family! LOL ;) I get rather grumpy. Nothing to worry about just yet anyways. I am only up to 14 minutes of running. :) Are there Walk/Run (Wogging) Marathons???

Rain, Welcome to TBL challenge! :) Jump in and post away so we can get to know you. Don't worry about being shy. We have a few of us that started off that way and now we can get'em to hush it up! hehe Just kidding! :lol: Please don't just use this challenge as a place to weigh in and store your numbers because you'd be missing out on sooooooooo much more. :)

Mrs Snark 08-13-2008 08:16 AM

You can run/walk any marathon. And some have such generous finish time requirements that people can walk the whole thing. Lots of people end up doing at least some walking during a marathon, 26.2 miles is a loooong way. :)

The Jeff Galloway method promotes run/walk intervals as an optimal way of running injury-free.

And you can exercise after a marathon (or a half) so don't let that put you off. But it is advised to definitely take rest days from running. I've done half-marathons and I just did swimming and biking and some walking as recovery and only took maybe one full day off.

amouse 08-13-2008 08:31 AM

Hey it wasnt me that lost that weight it was a little friends called Mr Gastro Tummy Bug .. lol .... not being able to keep anything liquid or food in for 3 days will do that too you.. amazingly enough though im still sitting at 253 though i did see a point after it this morning .. lol ( .5) so i have regained .5 pounds since weigh in .. not as bad as i thought .. i thought once i would eat again my body would gain.. but nope.. its good atm..

anyway lovelys im off to bed.. im offically butt back on track almost...

i walked both yesterday and today 90 and 90minutes then did 10 minutes on the elliptical tonight before Leah fell over and gave her self a blood nose.... lol <<< she picks it alot but still freaks out when she gets a blood nose.. kids hey.. Tonight i have already planned my wo for tommoroow .. in the morning im kids free... Leah has kindy sooo... Im going to the local pool and im gonna go swim me some laps .. im hoping for at least 60-90minutes I drop her off at just before 9 .. then drive to pool 15 minutes.. so should be in the pool by 9.30 .. and can afford to stay in till 10.45-11 .. have a quick rinse off .. then go and collect Leah from kindy at 11.30 .. I even shaved my legs tonight .. so atleast my hairy legs wont embarress me.. lol.. so just my bathers to embarass me instead.. :) lol ( well really me in the bathers.. lol..)

I LOVE SWIMMING .. and since im in a workout funk.. atm.. i think if i plan to swim on a thursday mornings while Leah is at kindy each week it will be a move in the right direction :)

ok bed now.. night .. :)

Diva 08-13-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 2314044)
You can run/walk any marathon. And some have such generous finish time requirements that people can walk the whole thing. Lots of people end up doing at least some walking during a marathon, 26.2 miles is a loooong way. :)

The Jeff Galloway method promotes run/walk intervals as an optimal way of running injury-free.

And you can exercise after a marathon (or a half) so don't let that put you off. But it is advised to definitely take rest days from running. I've done half-marathons and I just did swimming and biking and some walking as recovery and only took maybe one full day off.

Coolbeans. I think the Jeff Galloway would be perfect for me at this point. :D

Everyone have a great Day and Sleep well Amy. :hug:

krjpy 08-13-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doragone (Post 2313810)
Okay gang,(Kelly, Anjuli, Jaime, Enygirl, Chiquita, Julia) here are the pics (UGH!!!):o :yikes:Good reality check though because I'm one of those who get over confident. (Hate this bathing suit, :mad:but it's what I started with, so . . .)

DORA!!!

I can see the difference in both pictures. It is more dramatic in the side view, but this is actually to be expected as you seem to carry your weight more front to back not side to side.

Front pic: Upper arms look slimmer - Shoulders have smoothed out - little slimmer looking through the waist (which looks as if it has leveled out more, you know how your waist seems to drop with added weight)

Side Pic: BIG difference in the upper abs - difference in the bust line across the back - BIG difference in the upper thighs, they look MUCH more toned.

Also, your calves are looking more toned and sleek.

I think you can definitely see the difference, just open your eyes, and look with ours.

GirlyGirlSebas 08-13-2008 09:01 AM

Good morning!

Dora - you side views show a big difference! You're tummy is much smaller and your bum looks perkier.:)

I have some pics in my blog. One's from my highest weight of 264.4 and then some I took in October when I was 31 pounds lighter. I saw some difference, but not as much as I expected to see. However, I hadn't been working out. I can't wait to take my next pictures when I reach Onederland.

My favorite on-plan snack - I have 2...mangos or a sliced apple with natural peanut butter.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Hun.e.B 08-13-2008 09:12 AM

Whats the deal with Black team results? Has anyone else been keeping track for Julz? Or have we heard from her??

Mrs Snark 08-13-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hun.e.B (Post 2314145)
Whats the deal with Black team results? Has anyone else been keeping track for Julz? Or have we heard from her??

It doesn't look like she posted her final weigh-in, either. eek.

theresia 08-13-2008 09:27 AM

I'm waiting to,, Haven't heard anything :(

Diva 08-13-2008 09:37 AM

I hope Julz is ok. Has there been bad weather where she is? Maybe internet is down?

suitejudyblueeyes 08-13-2008 09:37 AM

Dora!!! You are looking great!! I second everything that Kelly pointed out, especially from the side you can see a HUGE difference. You are doing so fantastic!!

Faerie, :wave: of course I am thrilled to see you back!

Amy, tummy gastro bug or no, you did great this week, congrats!

OP treat - seriously, Odwalla bars are like candy to me. They are fantastic and make a great afternoon snack. They taste *real* instead of weird processed rice whatever that similar bars usually taste like.

Sooo... only news here is that we may not be moving to DC anymore. DH had a talk about $$ last night and it would be incredibly uncomfortable for us in DC, even cutting back to "emergency" budget levels. I don't think we are ready for a move to the city financially. However I am torn, because it would be easier for DH to find a job in DC, and his lack of a job is the main source of our $$ issues. I am almost convinced to ditch the move to DC though simply because I don't really want to live in a big city, I love it where I am now. We'll have to move anyway because the landlord wants our apt back, and we found this awesome looking place about 1.5 miles from my office and it has a swimming pool.... :drool: So yes, lots of upheaval in life about that right now, we will need to get this sorted out by the end of the week or so. I will just feel better once the decision is made, you know?

I tried to make tofu last night, but it kind of failed... previously I've just pan-fried it for stir fry but I tried baking it last night and waaaaay overcooked it. It was tofu crispies by the time I pulled it out. Better luck next time, tofu.