3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   All TBL Teams & Newbies Chat. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/139265-all-tbl-teams-newbies-chat.html)

Idealmuse 04-08-2008 12:07 PM

Oh sure TODAY I'm down another extra pound that would have taken me to 30lbs... Oh well! :)

I'll try and keep up but sometimes these all team chat threads wizz by so fast all I see is flying whips and hulahoops!

dixied 04-08-2008 12:10 PM

Welcome to all the BL Challenge newbies!

The reason I decided not to weigh in until Chellez needs our weight is that my weight hasn't changed much since November. Today, I'm actually up 5 pounds from the start of the last challenge. Some of that is TOM, but not all of it. I'm becoming stressed and crazy. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I've given up processed flour/grain products. Replaced with ww flour/brown rice products in moderation (no plate fulls of ww pasta).
I've given up sugar. I've been sugar free for over a year, except on rare occasions.
I eat small portions of red meat only once or twice a month.
I drink at least 2 glasses of skim milk daily, plus at least another serving of dairy in my foods.
My try to keep my calories between 1200-1600 daily.
Macronutrients are usually about 40%carbs/30%fat/30%protein.
I've given up aspartame and caffeine as of last week.
I had been exercising 5+ times a week for a hour each time before I got sick. Now I'm only exercising about 3x a week for about 1/2 hour. I'm slowly building back up.

What else can I give up/add? I thought my plateau was caused by too few calories, but since I added more in, I've actually gained about 3 pounds. I know not to go lower than 1200, so is it my macros? My dairy?

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly 04-08-2008 12:10 PM

hey all! i am new to the BL challenge too! cant wait to get started!!

krjpy 04-08-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksk571 (Post 2139795)
Welcome DMPLS! We go by weight loss and % of weight lost. Once the challenge starts, each team will have individual team challenges (for exercise, staying on plan, getting your water in, etc.) and that may be were the points that you referenced come in. As for what you're getting yourself into...that depends on which team you're on, I think! As you can already tell - I'm sure, the Blue team is into the whips, etc. They kinda scare me ;), I'm not sure what your punishment is for getting out of line there! :D Edit: actually whenever I visit their thread they all seem a bit out of line so maybe the punishment is for staying in line! :dizzy:

AH HAH! Blue Team envy!

BrokenButterfly 04-08-2008 12:19 PM

Hey,

I'm new too :) Just thought I'd stop in and say hello.

I'm in the middle of exam week, so I havent been around much, but I'm looking forward to the challenge starting up :) And my stress from school will be over by then (its over THURSDAY! Woo!) so I'll be ready to start again :)

I havent been very good this week..I had given up coffee for the most part, but I've been having more and more while I study, so I need to stop that once my exams are over :lol:

Diva 04-08-2008 12:28 PM

Oh my goodness! I'm so excited the newbies are talking to us! YAY!!!:carrot:

:welcome: tkglenn, Anne, BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly, BrokenButterfly & DMPLS!:D

The Red team is always talking smack but look at them! They are backing up that smack too! LOL! All these hula hoops and whips are scary! All my hula hoop does is give me bruises on my chins! :dizzy: EDIT! OMG Melissa, I did it again! I mean my SHINS!!!! LOL!

Rhonda, congratz on the new doggy! I am so excited for you! :)

Tina, WTG on being OP! I am on day 2 or 3? I forget, but I had 4 BAD day's in a row. Once ya start being bad, it's hard getting back on track....sigh...

So anyway's, I just did the 30 minute 2 mile WATP video (to my own music), 25 minutes of free weights on the arms, chest & back. Abs, chest, and push-ups on da Ball. I am such a weakling. I can oly do 20 push ups. O'well, something is better than nothing huh?

Is anyone gonna workout during The Biggest loser tonight??? I may, if Jess goes to bed early.

Okay, I gotta go get a shower. Ozzy (the dog) keeps licking me! LOL!

Smoooches all!!! :D

ksk571 04-08-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krjpy (Post 2139828)
AH HAH! Blue Team envy!

Kelly - I don't know about that! I really LOVE my RED team.....and my HULA HOOPING QUEEN Team leader!

Hmmmmm? Me thinks Kelly's a bit of a trouble maker! ;)

krjpy 04-08-2008 12:37 PM

I am not a troublemaker ... just plain and simple trouble :LOL:

DIVA - I am going to be working out tonight during TBL.

ksk571 04-08-2008 12:38 PM

Rhonda - I love dogs! Especially puppies! Enjoy him!

Diva - I listen to my own music when I do WATPs, too! I'm not sure I'm always on a song with the same tempo, but it makes it go so much faster! And laughing about the bruised chin due to hula hooping! Sounds like me!

Dixie - I'm sorry your feeling so frustrated! It looks like you are doing a lot of things right. I'm not experienced enough (in calorie counting) to give you advice on breaking through your plateau. Hopefully someone wiser can chime in! How long ago did you change up your calories? I wonder if your body just needs time to catch up to the changes. :hug: Hang in there!

ksk571 04-08-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krjpy (Post 2139899)
I am not a troublemaker ... just plain and simple trouble :LOL:

Thanks for the clarification! :lol:

chellez 04-08-2008 12:52 PM

:lol: Look at all this speculation about my little http://forums.guildofgreeters.com/st...fault/whip.gif!

The whip thing is an on going joke between the Blue Team and Melissa (aka Hula Hoop Queen) cause I read a lot of vampire romance novels. :lol: Kink!

If I could be http://forums.guildofgreeters.com/st...fault/whip.gif'n butts, I know who I'd whip first! *wishes Marianne was here*

:welcome: :welcome: newbies!

I'm thinking you all will fit in well here. It gets crazy when all the teams get on one thread cause the challenge part comes out in us. Plus we all like to be silly sometimes *eyeballs Melissa*

I'm really liking tkglenn's siggy! Already fitting into the Beachy theme!

I'll be hanging around the forums today. Make sure you check out the FAQ now that I finally got it up! :D

tkglenn 04-08-2008 01:03 PM

Thanks for the welcoming. Yeah, I'm from Hawaii so I know the beach very well. I just live in Houston (which by the way can't stand) but grew up my whole like in Hawaii. Beautiful there. Miss it lots. Will try to stick around. I've got some cleaning to do and the time is ticking by. Can't wait to watch TBL tonight. I always look forward to watching it. It comes on on Tuesday nights by Wednesday morning I'm wondering if it is Tuesday again just so that I can watch the next episode to see what's gonna happen.

Idealmuse 04-08-2008 01:03 PM

Silly? No. Say it ain't so!

krjpy (makes note keep an eye on her) :)

chellez 04-08-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkglenn (Post 2139964)
Thanks for the welcoming. Yeah, I'm from Hawaii so I know the beach very well. I just live in Houston (which by the way can't stand) but grew up my whole like in Hawaii. Beautiful there. Miss it lots. Will try to stick around. I've got some cleaning to do and the time is ticking by. Can't wait to watch TBL tonight. I always look forward to watching it. It comes on on Tuesday nights by Wednesday morning I'm wondering if it is Tuesday again just so that I can watch the next episode to see what's gonna happen.

I bet it's beautiful there! I've always wanted to go but the flight from VA to Cali is crazy... then to fly to Hawaii :faint: I'd be broke before I even got there!

I've learned that DVR is my best friend, so I usually don't even get to watch TBL until Wednesday or afterwards. I don't know about tonight though... with it being so close to the finale... I might just have to watch it while its on tonight. :D

krjpy 04-08-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idealmuse (Post 2139965)
Silly? No. Say it ain't so!

krjpy (makes note keep an eye on her) :)

Better use both. I'm quick:)

I will be Swinging my hoop tonight (along with Elliptical and biking) ... so Melissa, watchout!