Old 03-24-2008, 08:32 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Lisa - When I was 19, I was in the Air Force and was stationed in England. After a year, I came home on leave to see my family. My Mom surprised me with a big weight loss. I was so very proud of her! Your daughter is going to be so very proud of you! Her upcoming visit is an awesome reason to stay motivated. Keep going!
OMG...I read your post and here I am bawling. LOL....I swear it's hormones because I am so emotional lately. I am so proud of my daughter and I want to make her proud of me. I was so embarrassed being so heavy at her graduation from boot camp....when I saw the photos I nearly died. I threw them all out and and the shame I felt was overwhelming. When she comes home this time, I want to be able to stand next to her and have a picture I can cherish.

Thanks for the boost, I needed it. You sound like you need one too. I know just how your feeling with that damn leftover ham. My sister sent almost half a ham home with us yesterday and I want to put it in the garbage disposal. grr. Instead, I think I'm going to make some pea soup and just be rid of the thing. Good luck with work, sigh....that's the biggest source of stress in my life too!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #47  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

This week I have completely messed up all my good work - we had three combined family meals this Easter long weekend, and I enjoyed too much rich food, I am constipated (TMI - sorry) and I am bloated from higher sodium levels fluid retention and also AF is just around the corner - I am taking a FREEBIE week this week! Sorry everyone - I am whipping myself into action as I type this!!!! These excuses are poor - I should have known better!!!

Hope everyone had fun with family this weekend though.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #48  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria Ayumi View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm getting ready for class as I type this, so I wanted to say hi and stuff.
This past week has been kinda stressful. I started up on my workout routine again because I slightly fell off. I was so upset these past few days. My loser ex-boyfriend tried to talk to me again, doing the same old same old. Six years of wasted time...I told him I'm through this time. Which made me happy because it needed to be done, but then I was upset that he even tried that bs again.
Went to my sister's house and I feel...uh constipated. It freaking sucks! lol.
I hope everyone will have a good day today!
OH, I just had to chime in here. Please don't look at the 6 yrs as wasted time. I was with my loser, abusive ex for 4 yrs, but I look at that as a time of learning. I learned exactly what I DON'T want out of a man, and what signs to look for for. You came out of that relationship a better person, KNOWING exactly what you want and DON'T want. Everyone comes into our lives for a reason. I'd like to think I learn a little something, be it negative or not, from everyone I encounter. Stay strong. May you do-do soon, lol!

Also, Missing, maybe the circuit training needs to be skipped everyday. I think 30 minutes on the TM everyday is awesome, I wish I had that kind of motivation, but maybe do the circuit training every other day? Our muscles really need a day of rest to repair themselves. Make sure you are getting in your protein and bananas to help that situation. good luck!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #49  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Hi Ladies! Back from a whirlwind weekend. I didn't weigh myself this AM - and had reported a good loss as of Friday. I'm sure I'm up some since I wasn't OP this weekend. No terrible binging - just too much quantity and some poor food choices. (As in too much bread and a piece of Kielbasa sausage Why do I eat this processed stuff when I know how it makes me feel.) I had a HUGE NSV though - stayed away from all desserts!!!

Well, I'm at work today and got to get going on my morning. BBL.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #50  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Getting ready to jump on the treadmill for 45. Hopefully, kids will stay occupied. Today is DH's work at home day, and I swear it makes it harder for me to get things done that way.

Kids got active things from the Bunny. Will got skates and Meara got a new bike helmet. Very little candy. I try to justify it by saying "at least I got them DARK chocolate".

Tonight, we are having burgers and salad. Beef for DH, turkey for the rest of us.

Off to walk three miles to NOWHERE!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #51  
One life, live it well

Anna - how do you make your turkey burgers? We use ground turkey in place of beef and I have yet to find a good spice combo that gives me a burger I enjoy, so we don't have burgers! I love using turkey in place of beef in all the other capacities we used to use beef in - except for plain ol' burgers...
Old 03-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #52  
One life, live it well

So I obviously overshot my goal for this challenge - my adjusted goal is to lose 20 pounds. A little over 3 pounds for the last 2 weeks is doable.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #53  
One life, live it well

Lisa - I have to say that I've been battling tiredness recently. I'm certain that I'm not overtraining, but don't know what it is. Same time - around 3pm I hit the wall. Maybe I'll try to be better with the multi-vit?
Old 03-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #54  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, How did it go for everyone on Sunday? I ate alot at Easter, not horrible tho, but showed 1.5 lbs less than two days b4 it (may've been dehydrated, didn't drink enough water) and now am PMSing.. lol. I'm right at 200.0 this a.m. Interesting.

Anyhoo, hope u all had a great holiday. My cucumber and tomato plants look good so far. And I love watching all the trees grow their pretty bright green leaves all the sudden. So nice outside today. I wanna just go lay out in the sun. Probably won't tho! LOL.

Missing, awww your daughter will be so proud! What fun to decide just the perfect thing to wear when you see her too! I love choosing new clothes.

Kris, I like that question. Exactly, how bad do we want it?? At this moment, not very bad. LOL. Just other things clouding my motivation right now. But great question.

Anna, yes, I know. I'm so grateful to live in the USA and be as lucky as I've been so far. I don't know what I would do if those things happened to us. So many mothers in this world even today have to watch their children go thru so much, I don't think I'd hold up.

Rhonda, sorry you were sad. Glad you did bubbles! I love them! I also spent this Easter away from my family. I felt bad bc I think they were sad I didn't go and I was sad already. I overate to comfort myself too. Uggh. Wish I had a different vice. I just think this one is the least harmful. I wanted to do c25k, but my dad warned me about running bc his joints are really bad and im built like him. My wrists are in bad shape already so how do I know if my knees and ankles will hold up? Think I should wait til maybe 180 lbs or so. ops:

Well ttyl on, hugs, Selina
Old 03-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #55  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas View Post
Anna - how do you make your turkey burgers? We use ground turkey in place of beef and I have yet to find a good spice combo that gives me a burger I enjoy, so we don't have burgers! I love using turkey in place of beef in all the other capacities we used to use beef in - except for plain ol' burgers...
We use Sommer's Turkey Burgers. The only reason we use turkey for Will is because he has a beef allergy. We get all of our beef grass-fed and raised just down the road. I think the benefits to grass fed beef outweight what you gain from turkey:
http://www.eatwild.com/
However, with Will's allergy, we use turkey sausage in almost everything, local when I can get it. The flavor is much better than plain, ground turkey. If I have enough left overs at T-giving next year, I am going to try to make it myself. (Cue music from Little House on the Prairie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
Anyhoo, hope u all had a great holiday. My cucumber and tomato plants look good so far. And I love watching all the trees grow their pretty bright green leaves all the sudden. So nice outside today. I wanna just go lay out in the sun. Probably won't tho! LOL.
I hate Indiana. Froze my butt off today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Good morning, Accountability Friends.

I'm going to be honest here and tell you all that I did not do well this weekend. This is the first Easter that we've not spent with my brother and his family or with my Dad...it was just my little family. I was feeling very down yesterday, but trying not to let my Hubby or the girls know.
Just throwing this out there: Why not say to your family, "You know what guys? I am kind of bummed out today. I miss having our extended family here on the holiday, and it makes me a little sad." I think that when we stuff our feelings, we end up stuffing ourselves. Then you have the chance to model for them, "I am sad, but I am not going to let it have a negative impact on my health."

Not directed at Rhonda, but a question for the group: Do you eat to sedate yourself? When you have a sad feeling, do you use food to give you a quick high to act as a shield against the sadness? Why not embrace the feeling, let it have its moment and let it go? When we go the other route we 1)feel bad for whatever our disappointment is 2)Feel bad because we are putting on a happy face and not being our authentic self 3)we over eat 4) we feel like crap when we eat too much 5) we don't meet our weight goals and feel like crap about that.

What is the worst thing that would happen if we said to our families: "I feel XXX today. I am not going to make you responsible for it, but I also am not going to pretend to be something other than what I am." I am almost certain that the world would not cave in (unless we all did it on the same day, and then it might) .

Challenge:
The next time you are unhappy about something, give it legs. Put it out there to your people. I am not saying to throw yourself prostrate on the ground (but what an impact ) but to be your true self. See if that changes how you handle food and exercise that day.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #56  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Hey team! I'm not dead or missing, just overwhelmed at work and home. It's been great weather here, so I took so time off to work in the yard. Now I'm covered in bites all some sort. Fire ants (ouch!) and mesquitos, I think. I'm positive the ones on my feet and ankles are fire ants, I stepped in a mound that was hidden my leaves. I'll post more from home, I'm leaving work (finally).
Old 03-24-2008, 06:38 PM   #57  

Thumbs up

Hi all lost little over a half pound not much but better than gaining.
Had a great easter hope everyone else did had a bad day all i want to do is eat.But i will get back on track tomarrow it's cold and my bones are hurting
Hope we have a good weigh in good luck to all wish i could do better felling sorry for myself lol well got to go GOOD LUCK BLUE TEAM.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #58  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone!

I think I have a UTI. Something is definitely wrong down there. I'm hoping to flush it out tonight but if it still hurts tomorrow, I'll be dragging all three kids out with me to the doctor's office. I SO do not want to have to do that.

I hope we have a good week! I had an okay week. I didn't pretty well with eating despite my doughnut-mom visiting this weekend. We went out for Chinese on Saturday and I really loaded up on veggies and only had 2 teeny little crab rangoon so I feel good about that.

onthetee, I am so done with winter. DH keeps telling me about job openings in Texas, Florida, etc.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #59  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHeather View Post
Hello everyone!

I think I have a UTI. Something is definitely wrong down there. I'm hoping to flush it out tonight but if it still hurts tomorrow, I'll be dragging all three kids out with me to the doctor's office. I SO do not want to have to do that.
Another option is to get the Uristat at the pharmacy. It used to be the script Pyridium. (Makes your pee nuclear orange....wear old panties.) It will kill the pain for you while you work on flushing out the infection. http://www.uristat.com/shorthed.htm Concentrated cranberry capsules are usually sold right next to it.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #60  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Soon2BFitChick-Wow you have lost 77 lbs, that is truly AMAZING! You are such an inspiration.