3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Beck Diet Solution (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution-234/)
-   -   Beck Diet For Life/Solution – February 2015 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution/302078-beck-diet-life-solution-%96-february-2015-%96-support-discussion-buddy-coach.html)

BillBlueEyes 02-01-2015 06:42 AM

Beck Diet For Life/Solution – February 2015 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach

Welcome to the discussion group, support group, Diet Coach group, Diet Buddy group relating to the two books by Dr. Judith S. Beck:and the first bookThe Beck Diet Solution is a psychological program, not a food plan. It provides a step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life. The program is based on Dr. Beck's clinical research in Cognitive Therapy (CT).

The Complete Beck Diet for Life expands the earlier work and includes a food plan with suggested menus. From the cover:
With The Complete Beck Diet for Life you'll discover the 5 stages of successful dieting and maintenance. You'll learn how to motivate yourself, give yourself credit for every change you make, create time and energy for dieting, and handle hunger and cravings. Dr. Beck eases you into changing one step at a time. You'll master one task before moving on to the next. And you'll learn techniques to deal with challenging situations, such as sticking with ou plan at celebrations and dealing with "food pushers." With Dr. Beck's skills, you'll achieve a lifetime of healthful eating and lifelong motivation.
This is a place to discuss the Beck strategies and our daily efforts, to receive and provide support, and, for some of us, is where we serve as on-line diet buddy (coach) to each other.

If you’ve arrived from a search engine, you've landed at the site of 3 Fat Chicks (3FC), a remarkable place for those interested in a healthy life style, including mindful eating, exercise, and weight loss. More about the site, including how to register so that you can post, can be found here.

The books are available on Amazon through the 3FC store by clicking their names above; buying through 3FC helps to cover the costs of running this site.

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:

BillBlueEyes 02-01-2015 06:43 AM

Sunday - National Freedom Day (Lincoln signed 150 years ago today)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Yet another minor shoveling day; CREDIT moi for doing it instead of hoping that it'll get warm and evaporate on its own. Walked to an event I could get to without driving. That was a fortunate choice since there was no parking available.

Snacks and meals at home were on plan, CREDIT moi. Nibbling from two occasions where food was placed in front of me wasn't my best. I get distracted by many hands reaching for a tray of goodies on the table in front of us.

onebyone – Pricing your own work is a really tough job. I was impressed with the strategy of a ceramic studio in the Berkshires of Massachusetts where there was a selection of 'Museum Quality' works at least double the standard prices. When they emptied the kiln, they arbitrarily selected the best to put in that category. Seemed like a good idea to make the other pieces look like a good buy.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Think I'll borrow this to help me with snacking today: "because I didn't want to report making the exact same mistake two days in a row."

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Super Kudos for getting your brain to the point where "my brain wants to aid me in practicing self care even when presented with my next life challenge." Love the thought of bringing your "own organic cottage cheese" to the hospital to compliment its salad.

maryann - Sending supportive thoughts for dealing with the cash flow part of the last phase of life - we're facing that with my MIL now. No matter how well provided, a healthy long life can outlive it.

Readers -
Quote:

day 31 Decide about Drinking

Does your diet plan discourage alcohol? If so, how do you feel about giving it up? Drinking alcohol is an individual choice. My personal decision is to have a drink only occasionally because I'd much rather spend my calories on food.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 220.

gardenerjoy 02-01-2015 10:18 AM

I lost 2 pounds in January. Considering that I averaged a gain of more than 2 pounds a month for all of 2014, I'm calling that terrific!

I would, of course, like the weight to come off a little faster and I still have some willingness to do more, as long as I have a larger option for one of my afternoon snacks if I need it. I also have a willingness to at least read Stage 2 in the green book this week. I'll keep working with the Stage 1 Success Skill Sheets for now.

WI: -0.45 kg, Exercise: +50 1225/1200 minutes for January, Food: 100% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

maryann 02-01-2015 12:22 PM

Good Morning, Coaches.

I am very excited to change my ticker this morning. I am down three pounds. This feels very terrific. I am as always amazed that it is not WHAT I eat that lowers the scale. It is HOW I eat it. This month has mostly been working on 100% stage one skills sheet with no food modification. One of the big tricks for me has been to only eat what I had written the night before. Because I allowed myself to write things like "Two Starbucks Cake Pops," when I wanted more I could satisfy myself by saying, "Well, write down three Starbucks cake pops then." But at night I realize that three is ridiculous. Built in resistance training.

So this week I have been trying to attack Stage Two (like gardenerjoy) . I am, as always, taking what I can and leaving the rest. What I can do today is substitute one meal for a healthy 250 cal smoothie. (The stage two calculations say one meal needs to be 250 calories.) I am using Beck thinking skills to see what will actually work for me. Maybe because it is cold out now, breakfast smoothie is a "no go." A Lunch smoothie when I am off work is easy enough. That leaves dinner for work days meaning I sit at the table with the boys drinking a smoothie while they eat what I cooked. This would have an added benefit of limiting portions and snacking while I clean up - always tough in the evening. I can do try this for this week. It is JUST one week.

Up and running with me fitbit. Amazed how quickly the steps add up when I take a half hour walk. Goal for fitbit is 30 mins of exercise and/or 10,000 steps.

Very emotional last night after doing financial books with mom. She will not be able to stay in her house for more than three years if she can't turn things around. And then she told us she is STILL giving money to my 43 year old brother. Another 53 year old brother has not paid back 20,000 that could double the time in her house. He doesn't have a job. All DH and I could do was to give her February goals - stay on a cash budget and to tell family she is done giving money out. Deep down I don't believe she can tell people, "No."

So here I sit this morning swallowing deep resentment towards my brothers. At least I am not swallowing doughnuts. I am baffled by peoples' ability to be self centered, brutish scavengers. And now for my part - I think this provides a window into my character defects. I have used food to live in an "ivory tower." I refuse to believe people can do things like steal my phone, abandon their children for drugs ( Lexxiss' story is heart wrenching) and manipulate a vulnerable 80yo mother. Then when Life shows me "This is the truth" I hide emotionally from it in my food. "Go away. We are not seeing the truth today I have a five pound box of See's candy that says everything is sweet."

The greatest gift a food plan will be to learn to live life on life terms. To be forced to forgive,accept or change by choice and not have the decision forced on me through denial. There will be no anesthesia through compulsive food addiction. Lots of opportunity for growth.

Big stuff. Thanks for listening to it all.

CeeJay 02-01-2015 06:12 PM

Happy Sunday!!!

Boy could I use another day this weekend. I am really enjoying the downtime our cold weather is providing. Today I did a whole bunch of things I wanted to do- wrote in my food journal, finished a book, talked to a few relatives on the phone, and did some surfing while listening to Jimi Hendrix live at the LA Forum April 25, 1970. Sweet!

I am doing very well on South Beach. I am now sort of looking at carbs as a treat and that is working for me. I am still watching everything carefully and that is working for me. Friday was the first horrible eating day I have had in a month but I stopped right away and have been eating healthy all weekend. It was a good moment for me when I told myself to calm down and stop now and was able to do it. I have lost 12 pounds since Jan 4 so am happy with that.

maryann- I could have cried reading your post about your mom and your brothers. It really hit home hard for me. For years my sister took terrible advantage of my mother and now that I have mom living with me and the free ride ended, she and her children barely acknowledge mom's existence. It is very hard to accept that anyone, let alone people in your family, can be so cruel. Your description of "self centered, brutish scavengers" fits my sister perfectly.

Take care everyone!
:grouphug:

nationalparker 02-01-2015 08:44 PM

I, too, am craving another weekend day (or more). Just under three weeks until our vacation. No forward progress weightwise, but today I'm not stressing about it. Food was ok this weekend - one that seemed to fly by as DH is working nights now.

Not much to report here - trying to add in more protein including more at breakfast. Had more protein to start my day this weekend and it seemed to carry over for longer satiety. Could be just my mind, but whatever it was, fine.

Spent a lot of time yesterday discussing a potentional home purchase, but while we love the interior, the location just has too many negatives despite the actual spot between our jobs being ideal. No rush for us, but want to get out before too much more crime creep and want more space.

Maryann - Sending positive thoughts to you ... it's nearly impossible to find peace/acceptance of others' financial choices - be it those who take advantage of parents or parents who allow it. Both are hard for me to digest. Great job this January!!

Bill - Credits for being active with the cold weather and most likely slick sidewalks!

Joy - KUDOS for a successful January!! You've worked hard every day, it seems!

Just a quick note here as I'm off to try to do a little birthday gift planning for DH.

BillBlueEyes 02-02-2015 07:18 AM

Monday - Groundhog Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Walked my Sunday standard, CREDIT moi, despite two offers of rides by folks who thought walking icy sidewalks wasn't wise. But I didn't break anything and the cold was delightfully bracing. There are few parking spaces; the snow is mounded high; there's no room to stack more; and another 10 inches are predicted for today. Ouch!

Watched the New England Patriots (American football) win the Super Bowl last night in a thriller with the winner uncertain until sub-20 seconds remaining. We didn't serve snacks here, so staying on plan during the evening was easy. But CREDIT moi nonetheless. Earlier as I grabbed lunch from a table of snack food my choices weren't so stellar. Looking for a full day on plan today.

Joy (gardenerjoy)"terrific!" indeed. Congrats for the willingness to move forward.

CeeJay - You so gladdened my heart with "listening to Jimi Hendrix live at the LA Forum April 25, 1970. Sweet!" Kudos for "but I stopped right away and have been eating healthy all weekend" - my take is that stopping is the best strategy to have mastered.

maryann - Kudos for having developed "Built in resistance training." Sending supportive thoughts as you face realities with your mom that brings up all the family history. Is she willing to sign over to you her financial management so that checks for gifts can't be written even when badgered?

nationalparker – Kudos for taking the time to seriously see yourself in a potential house. It's fun to think that you'll be on vacation before February ends.

Readers -
Quote:

If you want to fit drinking into your diet, you need to plan your alcohol intake in advance, just as you do your food intake. This means limiting your consumption and making sure that alcohol doesn't loosen your inhibitions about eating.

karenrn 02-02-2015 09:03 AM

Good morning coaches,

Congrats on the Patriots win yesterday, Bill! We mostly enjoyed the game, except for those final few seconds. It wasn't an eating affair at our house either, just dh and I and some chicken white bean chili on plan.

Well I guess I've been MIA for more than a few days. I've been around and have been reading your posts and probably should have posted myself. It's been a rough few days food wise and it showed on the scale; up two pounds this morning. It would have been worse I'm sure, but I finally had a good on plan day yesterday. I'll give myself credit for exercise though. The only day I didn't exercise was Friday when I made and ate cookies instead. Not a good plan. The weather was crappy (rainy) for a few days and we had several social things going on. I had those horrible feelings of not being able to get back on track and that I wouldn't keep up my exercise and I wouldn't be able to do my planned backpacking trips. Luckily I kept exercising and then have gotten a grip with the food again. It seems I have these off plan times just often enough that I don't get any weight off.

Okay, getting breakfast now and packing the backpack with 20 to 22 pounds and out to hike 10 miles. I'm slowly building up the weight I'm carrying and so far so good. Personals later or more likely tomorrow.

onebyone 02-02-2015 09:17 AM

Gentleman Rodent Day

Hi Coaches!

That persnickety scale moved today lining up with an official weigh-in day. I am 276.9 and down 7.9lbs for the first phase of the SBD and now I am in phase 2. Except I am really doing a phase 1.5 as I won't completely add in some of those "allowable" foods. Not daily anyway that's for sure. I am shooting for weekly goals and for viewing my weightloss in 5lb chunks and challenges. For this week I will add an apple into my plan, if I want it. I do not want myself to believe it is mandatory for me to eat that apple. It's a choice I now have is all. Overall, I'm remaining low carbs. I am super-craving wheat products but will say NO to them this week once more. I think this week I will add the apple and 2 swims.

When I reach this 5lb goal I will set another goal.

I think if I keep changing it up and making each 5lb chunk something interesting or challenging I can enjoy this process somewhat, and be involved/motivated to stay in the moment and not, like I was just doing before I sat down to write this, lamenting that "5lbs every month is only 60lbs in a year and I won't even be under 200. Now if I lost 8lbs every month I would lose almost 100 in a year-I could find that extra 4 to make it a 100" and then I collapsed under the weight of my :devil: expectations into feeling depressed that all that is sooooooo far away and such a long time to stay on plan. I MUST find some other way to cope and I think a 5lb focus with different personal challenges will work. This year I am not "starting over". I am "moving forward" no matter what. It's time to think up solutions to my behaviours and if nothing come of that, to simply move on. Bad days/choices/meals will happen and so what?

BillBlueEyes I wiped out carrying my box of supplies for the printing class yesterday morning. It was a slow fall and I never let go of the box. I thought "Hmmm. Guess I don't have brittle bones," and walked to the car with my ankle a bit sore. Perversely I was glad to be "tested" but don't recommend this. I was lucky. Horrible terrible weather out there today.

nationalparker Looking out at our blizzard I can well imagine it is nice to think about a vacation right now. I assume it's to somewhere warm? You're not heading North or going skiing or snowshoeing are you?? Actually, skidooing would be good today! :dizzy:

CeeJay I have been thinking about the "breaks" our intense cold weather can provide. It's really kind of rare where I am now, a stone's throw from Toronto (though not today with this blizzard pressing down) but n Ottawa nd in Sudbury there were days that were so cold you really did stop what you were doing and stay in. Everything in your body tells you it is the right thing to do to snuggle up in that blankie and hunker down. Winnipeg is famous for its cold. Now, if you are saying it's cold IT IS COLD. Happy to read you are finding peace with food doing SBD. Me too. Yay! May we both have continued success and hang onto victories gained!

maryann I have to totally agree with you that is is HOW I eat more than what these days that changes things and ushers in some weightloss. Absolutely. Kudos for 3lbs down!:carrot: We had the same kind of family dynamics you mention. My oldest sister was more than happy to be supported by not just my mother but by my next oldest sister. The family myth said my oldest sister was a weakling and a sickly. This started in childhood when maybe she was but having not grown up with them I saw a manipulator who got what she wanted using that trump card. They did not say no until they could no longer say yes. It was simply not possible to give any more money. It happened first with my mother who turned power of attorney over to her second oldest who then only gave my pldest sister money she had. Then when the stock market crashed, that tap was turned off too. There is a permanent rift that I don't think will heal and I just stay away from the oldest sister as I feel in my gut she can seriously hurt me with her manipulations. She specializes in triangulations amongst family members, taking advantage of the chaos and the hurt feelings as she whispers mean secrets only she knows into the ear of one and the equal but opposite secrets only she knows into the ears of the other. This causes the previous going-along-ok relationship between the two she has enlightened to start to fail as you wonder "is it true? did she really say that? does she mean that?" I no longer care and don't go there or indulge that and as a result we haven't talked since my brother's funeral. Result: my life is more calm. And the oldest sister is now financially independent, she is employed and paying her own rent/bills, (she is 60) which is better for her self esteem than any amount of money given her could ever fix.

gardenerjoy Fantastic on 2lbs gone in January. You've turned your boat around! Great. I look forward to hearing you discuss Stage 2.

Going now to see what the groundhogs say...http://www.theweathernetwork.com/new...undhogs/44630/

gardenerjoy 02-02-2015 09:42 AM

Nobody's seeing shadows here today. We have a dusting of snow and huge, fluffy flakes falling. But they say it won't amount to much this far south.

We caught the half-time show while eating supper, but otherwise the Super Bowl was a non-event and non-eating-event for us, which was fine. Glad that it was an exciting game and that BillBlueEyes' team won.

I spent yesterday getting myself organized and I'm feeling much better. After last week, I'm acutely aware that "feeling behind" is a trigger for me. So, I'm going to see if I can manage my days and expectations so that I don't feel behind. We only have so many hours in a day. I'm old enough to quit expecting there to be more hours just because I put too many things on my list.

WI: +0.15 kg, Exercise: +40 40/1200 minutes for February, Food: 100% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

karenrn: one thing that has helped me with the phenomenon where I'm mostly doing well, except when I'm not, is to start tracking a streak. If I have a string of days where I've been 80% on plan or better, I'm much more likely not to break it.

maryann 02-02-2015 01:49 PM

Good Morning, Coaches.

Thanks so much for stories and input about family. I realized through them there are ways out and through. I was given the gift of acceptance this morning in my meditation. This situation is as it is for me to learn powerful lessons. I also realized that by maintaining a healthy food life I am able and present to take any necessary steps. The truth is present and that is a very powerful thing.

Struggled with about half the skills yesterday. I realize that my depression gives me "permission" to eat cookies. Just like onebyone's sister's story, old weakness does not give me permission to rely on the same crutch for a lifetime.

curlyjax 02-02-2015 03:19 PM

hi coaches!
we're back from an emotional weekend. I ate a little too much sugar but didnt' go crazy, and managed to sneak in one walk in the cold.
Mother in law's death feels much more real now that we have been in her house without her, and after the memorial of course. She was very lucky to live to 92 in good health, and had a good community of folks that miss her.

Part of me also mourned the loss of a certain time/way of life, even though i didn't live it myself-a safe, beautiful town in the 1960-70s. DH had a large family and extended family, and there were many get togethers in various places, and for the most part folks got along. I tell DH he had an idealic upbringing! Plus where she lived sounded like a special community that is really hard to find these days. All the houses now are bought by people who live in NYC and use them as weekend homes only, so for this town anyway, that community feel is dying out.
I'm feeling very fortunate that DH and his remaining siblings (2 pre-deceased his mom) are good folks and get along. It was funny to see how careful we all were with each other as we start to remove beloved items from their childhood home- (does anyone else want this blue mug?) etc.

Thinking about all that its really sad to read about sibling/family issues Maryann, onebyone and lexiss had/are having. Passages of life are hard enough when family does function well, it would be such a challenge when they don't. Kudos for you all for posting and sounding very healthy in your thinking.

I'm too far behind to post many personals but will get back to doing them.
I have to say, it did not help to come back from such an event and have another foot of snow today, I am so done with winter!!

nationalparker 02-02-2015 09:41 PM

Reading the stories about disfunction in families makes me feel less alone with the issues with my sister during this past year especially. I'm sure no family is ideal to all members, but the commitment by those involved to make it a bit easier for everyone just seems so helpful. CurlyJax - I'm glad to hear that it sounds like there was caring thoughts all around for you and DH as you went through what still must've been a tough time last week.

Will turn in and journal a bit this evening. It's been a while. Will delve into my mindset on working harder to eat more nutritiously but smaller portions, adding in some more protein. I feel like I'm back in the ww mentality - and I'm not on ww. But have that "what can I eat for my calories" instead of the healthy food I should be eating.

Bill - Be careful with the icy sidewalks - I took a bad spill a few winters ago and am still gun-shy on our sidewalks. Luckily I had a hat on so when my head bounced it was a bit protected. Like that you have kind folks around you, offering rides.

OneByOne - GREAT DANG JOB so far. I hope you're patting yourself on the back for your commitment and moving forward this year. Sorry to hear about YOUR fall, but smiling that you had a death grip on your supplies to keep holding onto them! :) Also, big credits to you for grasping the drama that your oldest sister creates and thrives on. I just don't understand that with my sister and I get so frustrated... I think, "what do you get out of making it so hard for everyone else to go through life?"

Joy - I'm with you on the expectations I set on myself each day. I don't want my days to be just lists of doing ... but rather building in some enjoying.

Chilled to the bone tonight. A cup of tea will be a nice handwarmer and bodywarmer.

BillBlueEyes 02-03-2015 06:56 AM

Tuesday - The Day the Music Died (1959)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Shoveled snow again, CREDIT moi with a touch of annoyance. We got the full predicted ten inches. Schools will be closed for another day. The snow is getting harder to pile up as the stacks get taller. Hope the weather service is wrong because they are predicting more snow on Thursday that will continue through the next week. It's been years since we had a real winter around here; methinks we've gotten soft.

Alas, for our British readers, it's necessary to clarify my statement yesterday that the New England Patriots won the Super Bowl of American-football. Seems that the Daily Mail congratulated the New England Revolution (our local soccer team) for the victory. Should anyone not remember, what everyone on planet earth outside of the U.S. calls 'football' is called 'soccer' here. Perhaps we'll change that on the same day that we adopt the metric system.

onebyone – Kudos for facing the Sabotaging Thought, "if I lose faster, I'll be done sooner," with grace and determination. It's tough to accept that the wise, long, slow path will be . . . long. [Glad that you don't have brittle bones - think I'll avoid testing mine.]

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Interesting observation, that "feeling behind" is a trigger for me. When I'm acting wisely, I avoid getting behind because I can stew myself into getting behinder and behinder.

maryann - Thanks for the reminder, "does not give me permission to rely on the same crutch" - it's so easy to fall into old patterns as if 'old' justified it.

nationalparker – Kudos for working on your mentality choosing your foods. (I knew that I wasn't a candidate for Weight Watcher when I heard of zero calorie soup and couldn't think of anything else except for how many hours did I have to wait to have seconds.)

Karen (karenrn) - Congrats for working your way up to 20-22 pounds in your backpack. Thanks to Arizona for hosting the Super Bowl - it would have been a rough game in Massachusetts on Sunday.

curlyjax - Great step in an emotional family setting: "but didn't go crazy" - Kudos. Will think about your observation that passages of life are hard even when family gets along.

Readers -
Quote:

The Facts About Alcohol
Unfortunately, alcohol contains calories - a lot. At 7 calories a gram, it's nearly twice as caloric, gram for gram, as protein and carbohydrates (both of which are about 4 calories per gram). Plus, most of the mixers that go into alcoholic drinks are highly caloric. One mixed drink can easily contain 400 calories!

karenrn 02-03-2015 08:55 AM

Good morning coaches,

Two days in a row on plan with food, credit. One pound gone (again). Did about a 10 mile hike with my 22 pound backpack and am encouraged that I can do the hike in about the same time as without the backpack.

GardenerJoy Thanks for the suggestions regarding tracking a streak. I'm writing down my hikes and exercise in a weekly minder book to see my progress. I'll use the same book to track my streak on the food side. And good for you on the 2 pound loss in January.

Curlyjax Glad you had good family time while you were at your MIL's Memorial. And I hear you about mourning a different way of life. That's how I felt after our Minnesota vacation last summer.

Bill I'd like to see all your snow, but oh boy what a lot of work. Be careful.

Onebyone Good job on the weight loss. Amazing how much we have to talk to ourselves, isn't it?

Waving to the rest of you.

gardenerjoy 02-03-2015 09:21 AM

Along with my normal exercise goal of 1200 minutes in February, I set a goal to walk 8000 steps most days. That takes a bit more movement than a 40 minute walk, so it's getting me to move around more during the day -- more spontaneous exercise. Credit for trying something new!

Blood pressure checked at the allergist's yesterday was normal. That was a quick turn-around! I was worried that I'd end up on blood pressure medication again before I could get the 2014 gain back off.

WI: -0.15 kg, Exercise: +40 80/1200 minutes for February, Food: 100% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

karenrn: Yay for a 2-day streak of on plan eating!

BillBlueEyes: that's a LOT of snow!

nationalparker: hope you're journaling went well. I don't feel myself if I go too long without journaling. It's like I need to write letters to myself to know what's really going on.

curlyjax: my brother and I managed to be careful in that way after my parents died. In the end, we had more struggle along the lines of "You should keep this." "No, you should." Good for you for being so aware of how you're experiencing the losses.

maryann: thanks for the observation that we can be more present when food piece is working -- that is so true for me, but I hadn't put it together.

nationalparker 02-03-2015 10:03 PM

Fine day food-wise ... and didn't plan to do anything this evening other than watch a movie I'd borrowed from the library. Got all key chores tackled last night. Have started trying to ensure that the house is picked up before i turn in ... a bit more of a peaceful mindset when it is.

Bill - Recommending the movie I watched "Another Year" if you've not seen it yet - from back in 2010. I don't follow awards so don't know if she was lauded for it, but the actress, Lesley Manville, who played the friend/coworker in this movie did a bang-up job. Left me a bit melancholy but thinking.

Journaled only a couple of lines last night - I have always gleaned satisfaction from it ... but lately I just am not. I started a fresh one in '15 and it has only a few pages written on. Perhaps I set my alarm a bit earlier in mornings to set aside 10 minutes to light a candle, brew a cup of tea and write a few lines.

Joy - Good news about the BP at the allergist's - good to have positive habits reflect well in "tests" :) I typically enjoy more journaling when alone ... DH always mentions, "I never saw the need to write things down." I routinely reply, "I don't see the NEED, but I find the enjoyment." ... but then I close it up and put it away. I wonder why I do that.

Bought another grand package of the variety of small tomato varieties. I will see if DH is good with bruschetta and tapas for tomorrow's dinner ... olives, almonds, chorizo (for him), fig or pear, and a salad. When I lived in Spain and we would go tapa hopping, it wasn't as high-falutin' as it's getting here...we just had thick papas frites, Spanish tortilla (egg, not tortillas), bread and chorizo, fried merluza, etc. I just went along and hoped someone else brought their young teenager, too :)

Better weigh tomorrow morning. It's been a few days. Feel like I'm just hanging on.

maryann 02-03-2015 10:39 PM

Good Evening, Coaches.

A challenging day at work. A student threatened to "kick my ***" when I asked her to wait outside while I dealt with a few other kids.I inservice a group of teachers on writing and they were tense about teaching writing and/or having anyone inservice them. My partner in the inservice is the new "me" sent from the district office. Although I am purposely setting her up to take some of the load off my shoulders, I jealously listen to other teachers going to her for advice. Now figure that out.

Basically my acceptance of people, places and things is minimal this week. So I need to remember, acceptance is not approval. There will be no peace until I focus on me instead of what is wrong with others. So proud of myself that I was having 100% day until cooking dinner and then made a STANDING decision to eat the cheese I was grating rather than what was written. "Sigh." I work through the cheat sheet. Discovered:
1. I hadn't read my advantage cards yet.
2. I could have asked my husband to grate the cheese since I knew it was a trigger.
3. I could sit down for awhile because I was exhausted.

Wore my fitbit all day again. i realized how few calories I actually burn compared to what MFP says. Eye opening. On perfect days I am only a few hundred calories below what I burn. That would take me 18 days of perfect to lose a pound. Oh wait - it does take me 18 days to lose a pound.

Food is planned for tomorrow. I am going for 100% starting this minute.

Karenrn: Super credit two days in a row. That is a big deal. I hope I can get that soon.

curlyjax: I agree that it is easy to grieve a passing generation. I was walking on my old college campus and realized how many of the professors were passed that made a difference to me. None of the students walking around me even know they existed. What a funny thing life is! Brand new babies make my heart sing and giggle with all the new life and spirit they bring us but I don't ever want to let the old go.

BBE: I think it is great exercise to walk on the icy sidewalk. It forces you to use all the tiny muscles that hold together your little muscles which hold together the big ones. But I agree with Nationalparker, you have got to be careful.

gardenerjoy: I walked 7,000 steps at work today. That is what the fitbit said. I am going to try for between 8,000 to 10,000 on my days off.

onebyone 02-03-2015 11:34 PM

good

Coaches

Fast check in via phone:

Was on plan. Good. Retrieved teapot from guild kiln. It survived and is ready for the show next week. Good. Weighed in and saw 275. 6. Good. Down 9.2lbs now. Good. Made soup I will call "cabbage roll soup" from failed crock pot spaghetti sauce. Created it on the fly! Good. Tastes good too. Have leftovers. Also good.

Goodnight!

BillBlueEyes 02-04-2015 05:56 AM

Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Today's shoveling and snow blowing took several hours of good exercise, CREDIT moi. The neighborhood spirit continues: I introduced two mothers whose daughters are of similar age; I talked oil tank leakage with a neighbor thinking of buying a house with that problem (potentially disastrous costs); and I learned the bid/sell prices of some recently sold houses. More exercise when I walked to the library to return a book and later walked to an evening lecture that combined the Chicxulub crater with the Deccan magma chamber volcanoes to cause the extinction of the dinosaurs some 65 million years ago (the Cretaceous–Paleogene (K–Pg) extinction event). Those have been competing theories; this lecture combined them by the notion that the asteroid of the Chicxulub crater set off the Deccan chamber volcanoes. Twas a full day.

Food was OK. Salmon for dinner after we got home late. Snacks still need to be trimmed.

onebyone – My mind boggles at "cabbage roll soup" from failed crock pot spaghetti sauce. Hats off for creative cooking.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Yep, Kudos, once again, for making your exercise goals, as well as for trying something new. Yay for normal blood pressure.

maryann - Kudos for surviving a rough day at school. LOL at, "Oh wait - it does take me 18 days to lose a pound."

nationalparker – Drooling over the tapas you're making and the ones you had in Spain (even though a teenager). Kudos for taking it seriously to pick up stuff. [Thanks for the link to watch the trailer of Another Year - added to my list.]

Karen (karenrn) - Yay for marching along with that full backpack.

Readers -
Quote:

The Facts About Alcohol

Many dieters try to make up for those calories by eating less. But eating less can lead you to eat more later. Plus, alcohol itself tends to lower your inhibitions, making you much more likely to overeat or eat something you hadn't planned.

gardenerjoy 02-04-2015 09:21 AM

Quick check-in. I've been doing better about managing my days and expectations so that I don't feel behind. Today's list might challenge that.

WI: +0.35 kg, Exercise: +40 120/1200 minutes for February, Food: 100% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

karenrn 02-04-2015 10:02 AM

Good morning coaches

Three days on plan with food, credit. Did strength training at the Y yesterday, credit. I think I'll get out for a 90 minute fairly easy hike today cause tomorrow we will attempt Flatiron again and the weather will be fine. So actually we will be hiking Flatiron and although not long, it's 2800 feet elevation gain in a short distance. I don't want tired legs to start with.

I'm reading my cards and actually filling out the SS sheet. This weight watching thing seems like about a full time job. Wouldn't it be wonderful if I actually lost weight.

One of my problems is deciding how many calories to eat each day. I know I can't eat back all my exercise calories. On the days I get little exercise, it seems like it isn't much food. Sometimes I don't get much done around home cause I'd rather go hiking and burn calories, so I can eat more. Right now I'm really trying to leave the beer alone and that does help.

Joy You are an inspiration with your diligence. Hope your day goes smoothly.

Bill You must be getting either sore shoulders or strong shoulders from all the snow shoveling you've been doing. Have only seen the pictures on the news and it sure looks beautiful.

Onebyone You are doing super. Your plan is really working, or should I say you are really working your plan.

Maryann What a day you had. I can't imagine what teachers are having to put up with these days.

NationalParker You are sounding so organized. I should be, I certainly have the time to be. I am pretty neat around here, but I need to do some deep cleaning. Aren't you going on vacation soon? Where are you going? Maybe you should come to Arizona some time?

Well, I guess I'll plan the day and get with it now. First, I'll plan the food.

Lexxiss 02-04-2015 12:19 PM

Hi Coaches!

My 1st day off and I've already been to Denver and back in a snowstorm to p/u the dog, who is also affected by this family breakdown. The rest of the situation has not improved. It's got me feeling pretty depressed and I didn't sleep well last night. It really seems hopeless and endless and all I want is to go back to my previous (abnormal) life....

I just read my "Just For Today" card, courtesy of alanon. I don't feel lots better yet but it always helps me.

My food has been good. I've gone back to my South Beach Ph.1.5, low on carbs but includes fruit. Weighed this morning and scale is moving down rapidly (water weight) . I'm back within a 4# acceptable range. I read my cards this morning. I have a mental food plan for today.(easy) I'm going to keep moving forward with the company end of year paperwork so I'm not fretting over it when time has run out. I'm going to give myself permission to nap and read a book in between.

I'm going to seek progress not perfection. Credit.

CeeJay 02-04-2015 09:49 PM

Hello Coaches,

All is well. I feel like I am in control of the food I am eating and for that I am grateful. It feels good to be eating healthy food and I am not missing what I am not eating.

curlyjax- sorry about the loss of your mother-in-law.

Take care everyone and will report in this weekend.

:grouphug:

maryann 02-05-2015 12:24 AM

Good Evening, Coaches.

Early home due to sickness. Maybe a stomach bug or something I ate. Changed out food to rice rather than spicer plan. Did manage to force down a few home cookies with the justification that it "feels" like I can keep it down. suspicious. But everything is logged. And I checked in here. Weight at ticker.

BillBlueEyes 02-05-2015 05:57 AM

Thursday - National Weatherman's Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Only minor shoveling to get better prepared for the flurries coming over the next few days. The goal is to get cleared to the bare sidewalk so that the thaw-freeze cycle doesn't create ice. Walked, CREDIT moi, to an evening event from which I was offered a ride home by kindly friends who just couldn't believe that I wanted to be out on the ice at night.

Dinner was 13 bean soup - a winter fav. Meals continued on plan, CREDIT moi, and snacks continued to need trimming. Today's goal is to use all spare time to finish the Alan Turing book, The Imitation Game, that's due Friday and can't be renewed because of the stack of holds on it. I'm loving the book; Turing wrestled with devising memory for his first computer since magnetic core memory hadn't been invented yet by An Wang and Jay Forrester. It's the little things that grab me: He had to invent the bootstrap loader to get his instruction table into his machine. Of course.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Yay for progress in time management.

CeeJay - What a great sentence: "I am in control of the food I am eating."

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Super Kudos for remembering to play your "Just For Today" card. Continuing to send supportive thoughts your way.

maryann - Hope that sickness is transient.

Karen (karenrn) - What a great way to start the day: "First, I'll plan the food."

Readers -
Quote:

The Facts About Alcohol

You might think it's okay to make spontaneous decision to drink. But just as you've had to learn to eliminate spontaneous eating and stick to your food plan, you have to learn to eliminate spontaneous drinking. Otherwise, you put yourself at risk, sooner or later, for gaining weight. You need to make decisions about whether and how much to drink today, before you find yourself presented with the question. Otherwise, you're likely to drink too much.

Lexxiss 02-05-2015 07:31 AM

Hi Coaches!

I am down 6# since I went back to my stricter phase of SBD. Credit. Even when the scale was up, I felt like I was mostly retaining water as a result of too many (healthy) carbs and way too much stress. My initial result confirms that and it feels better to see the lower #. DH returns today. I'm going to give my best to continue on my path as he enjoys his. The key-Plan! I can do that! Read my cards and perused my SS sheet. Life is good, amidst the chaos!

BBE, your computer talk always reminds me of my first computer class in 1978. My prof was a bit odd, but he loved Wang! You have certainly had a lot of spontaneous shoveling exercise! Yay for 13 bean soup@

MaryAnn, I hope you are feeling better already. Kudos for your persistence with your food program. As I was thinking how "we" need to be so rigorous and consistent I thought about our athletic club….you see the same folks (many at normal weight) every day….before work, lunch break, after work….I believe it's an important process for everyone, not just "us".

CeeJay, yay for control of food. It's what I like best about SBD. The WOE seems to make me feel just right. The longer I follow, the easier it gets. Kudos!

Karenrn, kudos for reading cards and filling out the SS sheet. And always, I am so impressed with your dedication to your hiking!

Gardenerjoy, kudos for a quick check in and for better managing your days!

Onebyone, persist to victory!

Nationalparker, kudos for starting to pick up the house before you turn in. It makes for a fresh start every morning!

Curlyjax, I hope you are finding peace after your emotional weekend. Thanks for sharing a touchful memorial of your MIL and her community!

Take care everyone! Thanks, always, for being here!

curlyjax 02-05-2015 07:42 AM

hi coaches- thanks for all the kind words. I find myself very melancholy over the memorial service, memories etc and will probably continue to be for a bit, in this loooooong winter.
I find myself really just maintaining for the past few months so I kind of feel like a sham posting here, not actively trying to lose weight which I need to do. I just have been depressed for a long time and hard to kick myself out of this inertia. But I really like to read everyones posts and cheer you on, so I am going to keep going, and one of these days will kick myself into gear.
Its encouraging to see folks who are motivated!!

Lexiss- I like the idea of Just for Today card, I should adopt that!

Waving to all!

gardenerjoy 02-05-2015 08:56 AM

DH ate the snack I planned and changed his mind about supper. So he can have my 80% OP and my +0.05. It's probably a moral failing on my part that it makes me feel better to give him the blame. But, just for today, it's also helping me not freak out that I'm more than a pound higher than I was on the 1st. I don't mind playing silly mental games with myself when they help me with my goals.

WI: +0.05 kg, Exercise: +40 120/1200 minutes for February, Food: 80% op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

BillBlueEyes: I have the Turing book on hold. 43rd in line -- it was 300+ so that's not bad.

maryann: hope your stomach is improved this morning. My natural instinct is to treat stomach ailments with food. Bizarre, but then, my natural instinct is to treat everything with food, so why would this be any different?

CeeJay: It's wonderful that you're finding peace within your food plan.

Lexxiss: Love seeing this: Life is good, amidst the chaos!

karenrn: eating back my exercise calories doesn't work at all for me, but I don't exercise as much as you. I just realized one of the reasons that I'm resisting getting back to My Fitness Plan is that I attached it to FitBit. I need to detach it because it gave me bad advice and contributed to my disastrous 2014.

curlyjax: you definitely have my permission to keep posting. I kept posting through 2014 while gaining 28 pounds! If I didn't get kicked out for that, we better keep every one around. Take care of yourself even if that means grieving and maintaining. When you're ready for "taking care of yourself" to mean reaching for a happier place and more focus on the weight loss, we can help with that, too.

karenrn 02-05-2015 09:28 AM

Good morning coaches,

Just a very quick check in this morning. I had to change the food plan yesterday because we ended up going out to dinner, but I chose as wisely as I could and limited the beer to 2. I'll blame it on my husband too, because the reason we went out is because his friend came by and we went out with him before he leaves for Washington today.

I'm heading out shortly to hike Flatiron. It is a good strenuous hike and I won't carry the backpack. I'm going with my friends who I enjoy a lot, so it will be a good day. On top of that it is a nice day weather wise and expected to be in the higher 70's this afternoon. Can't complain about the weather this time of year. You'll hear me complaining this summer.

Hope everybody has a good day!

nationalparker 02-05-2015 10:59 AM

I started my post before leaving work yesterday and then decided to wait until before bed ... but clearly that wasn't a viable plan for yesterday as I was just exhausted after very little sleep the night before. Stayed up too late

Dinner did end up being tapas, and I had a pretty set up with the tiny bowls of everything (presentation! haha). Note to self: plan out more what I'll eat instead of keep finding things that work to set out and sampling those on the rare occasions we do tapas.

DH picked a Greek restaurant for his birthday tomorrow night, and then I'll prep what I deem a fancy dinner for him and his folks on Saturday. Tomorrow night should be little challenge for me as I don't care much for Greek food but won't tell him that.

CurlyJax - I'm so much further from my goal than you and I'm heading in the wrong direction, but I, too, am having a great deal of trouble focusing on what I need to do to get moving in the right direction. Even to just get moving. Any way we can help each other along those lines? I feel like I'm struggling a little bit with some depression and alternate between just telling myself to shape up and get moving and what the heck is wrong with me, and then just thinking, it'll pass.

Maryann - Hope you're feeling better much quicker. Any measles threat where you are in the schools? That would be a worry.

Bill - I agree with those offering you rides! :) Be careful!!

Lexxiss - I cannot imagine the stress you have with all of the various issues going on, on top of having to travel back and forth in the crummy weather! Try to carve out some time (easy for me to say) to just "be" and relax a little bit, even if it's just a good few minutes putting lotion on your hands and a small hand massage while you process stuff.

Violette_R 02-05-2015 11:01 AM

Hi, new member here. I joined specifically because this seems to be the only active Beck Diet Solution forum. I'm on Day 6 - Find a coach. :)

Thanks for having this thread.

onebyone 02-05-2015 12:32 PM

another milestone in a life

Coaches

I am starting to get a grip but I had my first car accident this morning. Don't worry, no injuries. A fender bender. I don't think it was my fault. Really. Our cars kissed front bumpers/corners as I was trying to merge into the only open lane from behind a disabled transit bus. *sigh* She, of course says I must not have looked. I stayed silent when reporting it to the police. I will not say anything about something that I truly did not experience. I did look. Oh well. Our first accident claim on the insurance. DH left work and walked up to meet me at the collison reporting center, which was also nearby. Anyway, in talking to my guild friends, who called to make sure I was ok, (nice), I realize most people have had an incident. Thankfully most people have not been in a major accident. I was in one, a long time ago, that turned out better than it should have for which I am, again, grateful.

So now I am home.

I'm going to report the collision to the insurance and then chill out. Maybe take a bath. I find the most shocking thing to be a sudden decrease of self-confidence. Like I'm not sure I can drive, or should drive, or want to drive. I suppose that's natural but wow. *sigh again*

What I won't do is pile food on top of this feeling. That won't help. I'll have more cabbage roll soup for lunch. Some cut up veggies as a snack and soup again for dinner. Thank goodness for leftovers. *credit*

Bye for now.

Billblueeyes
Did you partake?http://www.abc6.com/story/28030129/c...-pie-in-boston

maryann 02-05-2015 09:40 PM

Good Evening, Coaches.

Weight today was a number I haven't seen in months. 160. Thank you stomach flu. Oh Well. It is just information. That kind of lost weight finds me quickly. Feeling still tired but a little better. Worked a half day to get ready for a women's retreat in Mendocino - our lovely northern coast.
Credit for big resistance to going way overboard with food plan change. Lenient plan is written. My big goal is 100% sitting down while I eat.

Curley and Nationalparker: So glad you are here as you work through the blues. This too shall pass.

knottygal 02-06-2015 02:06 AM

I'm new here!

I'm new to this forum and to Beck Diet solution. I'm trying to lose weight as part of my new year resolution. I did lose a bunch of kilos last year. but, gained them all by the end of the year. so, this year, I'm determined to lose the kilos and keep them off too.

I weight 82 kilos now and my goal is to come down to 75 kilos. I'm not used to dieting as I have a weak will power and I give in easily to temptation. so, all my attempts at cutting down junk foods and eating in moderation flows out the window in a few weeks time. I know..its all in my mind. so, this time, I've decided to tackle my brain too. I hope the Beck diet solution will help me train my brain into thinking like a thin person.

I havent started the program yet. I'm only in the initial pages of the book. I'll come back to this forum for support and encouragement.

BillBlueEyes 02-06-2015 06:20 AM

Welcome Violette_R

:welcome: Violette_R :welcome:

And, on the occasion of your first post, :wel3fc:

How did you discover the books by Dr. Judith Beck?

And how did you find this Beck Forum on 3 Fat Chicks?

BillBlueEyes 02-06-2015 06:20 AM

Welcome knottygal

:welcome: knottygal :welcome:

And, on the occasion of your first post, :wel3fc:

How did you discover the books by Dr. Judith Beck?

And how did you find this Beck Forum on 3 Fat Chicks?

BillBlueEyes 02-06-2015 06:23 AM

Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Met this morning by Moon Beam who hasn't joined me for months - most likely due to clouds since the orbit of the moon has probably been consistent. Exercise was, one more time, shoveling a very light dusting of snow working to get to the pavement to prevent ice. Didn't win there. By late afternoon when the temperature dropped below freezing the last remnants of snow were icy and required sprinkling de-ice stuff. I hate spreading chemicals, but the city requests that we not use sand (it collects in the rain-sewer system). Walked, CREDIT moi, to a bagel store that had sent me a coupon for three FREE bagels. They really wanted me to present the coupon on my smart phone. I presented it printed on paper. That worked.

Meals were on plan, CREDIT moi. Evening snack was half an orange. Only afternoon snack still needs to be trimmed. I finished off the chunk of gingerbread that a neighbor had sent over so that temptation is removed from my sight.

onebyone – There is a minor silver lining to one's first automobile accident: the tension of avoiding the first minor scratch on the new car goes away. Kudos for realizing that you didn't have to eat about it. [I missed the key lime pie event, Drats! It was even held at a subway station of easy access. From local news, "Sloan made one of the world’s largest Key lime pies, complete with 200 pounds of graham crackers, 55 gallons of sweetened condensed milk and 5,760 yellow Key limes."]

Joy (gardenerjoy) – My take is that it's a major benefit of long term marriage to be able to happily shift blame. Around here, I blame DW for any parking ticket that I get and she happily writes the check to the city. Whatever works.

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Kudos for retaining perspective, "Life is good, amidst the chaos!"

maryann - LOL that you remind me of the movie quote, "I'm only one good stomach flu away from my goal weight." Have a centering retreat in Mendocino.

nationalparker – I do love Greek food - particularly feta cheese on the salad. Kudos for making your Tapas work.

Karen (karenrn) - Yay for good choices at a restaurant. (Ignoring "higher 70's" comment, LOL.)

curlyjax - LOL at, "loooooong winter" - certainly it must be almost over. One is never a "sham" for posting here; we all move at the pace that we move. Keep coming.

Violette_R - We do try to stay an active forum; I really like knowing that there will be posts here each day from folks thinking Beck strategies. Neat that you found us at day 6 - Find a Diet Coach. Yep, we'll all be happy to be your online Diet Coaches and ask you to serve that same role for us. Glad that you've joined us.

knottygal - It's so neat that you already own the key notion, "I've decided to tackle my brain too" - the core of the Beck strategies. I'll join you in working on keeping snack to the plan since that's my current issue. Feel free to post even as you're reading the introduction material - that's my favorite part of the book. Glad that you've joined us.

Readers -
Quote:

How Much, How Often

Think about your choices: You can decide not to drink at all, or you can set some kind of limit. For example, you might decide to have one drink a day, a week, a month, or somewhere in-between. Or you might have a drink just on special occasions. If you choose to drink, you'll need to figure out how to fit it in without taking in too many calories. Ask yourself, Do I really want to spend my calories this way? Would I rather eat ______ or ______ instead?

karenrn 02-06-2015 12:09 PM

Good morning coaches,

Welcome Violette and Knotty Gal!

Holy moly I think I'm on Day 5 of a good streak on the food plan. I'm a little worried about today though. I'm not going to exercise because the hike yesterday was very strenuous. I feel just fine, not even sore, but I'm doing a 12 1/2 mile strenuous hike with a group tomorrow and I want to feel rested. They are all younger and I want to be sure I feel my best. I want to be careful with the food today, but also want to be sure I am fueled for tomorrow. This is what is most difficult for me. I don't want to get out there and hit the wall, so I probably take in more calories than needed.

Bill Your gingerbread sounds wonderful. It was molasses cookies I made for myself that was my undoing last week. I love that kind of thing. Glad yours is gone. I pretty much can't keep anything like that in the house.

Maryann What a way to lose some weight. Hope you are feeling much better.

Onebyone So glad you weren't hurt in the accident. Sorry it happened.

NationalParker Both the tapas and the Greek food sound good to me. I'm sorry you're struggling with some depression. Sometimes it is very difficult to know what is the best thing to do for oneself.

GardenerJoy I hear you about the exercise calories. I don't have my Garmin linked in with MFP, but I do manually enter my exercise on MFP. I sometimes use my HRM to see if what they are giving me is close to true. I try to be careful about time and make sure I am only using moving time, no break time.
Obviously I need to cut back a little if I think I'm going to lose. I'm afraid I'll get out there and bonk. Getting stronger (to ensure I can do the planned backpacks) is even more important than losing weight, but not much. It might be better if I just upped my calories a bit and then didn't eat the exercise calories. Right now I have it set for 1350 per day.

Curlyjax I haven't lost much weight either, but oh well. I think we are probably both doing better because we are here than if we weren't. I hope you are feeling better soon. Just a few sunny days would probably help.

Lexxis Woo hoo! Six pounds is something to be proud of. Keep up the good work.

CeeJay Being in control of your food is a great place to be. Congrats!

I wish I knew how to add a photo. If I could I would show you all Flatiron in the Superstitions. Our hike yesterday was fabulous. It is a hard climb but we all loved it. My friend had foot surgery last June and he was afraid he wouldn't be able to do anything like that again. He did great and was so pleased. They are the hiking buddies that I used to do so much with until his foot problem. I love to get out in the Superstitions, but it isn't someplace I would go alone. Most of the hiking groups go on the weekend and I prefer to go during the week when possible. Anyway, I loved it and I'm still pumped today. Good thing . . that's where I'm going tomorrow, but a different hike Ring around the Needle.

TGIF and have a good weekend.

maryann 02-06-2015 12:36 PM

Good Morning, Coaches.

I am packed and waiting for the traveling gals to show up. Food Is planned. Weight is two pounds below ticker. Lots of walking planned if weather permits.

I slept in today and that felt good. Will post this weekend if there is reception.

KarenRN: I think the website is called shrink this picture. You download your picture and it will make it the size you need to attach to the post.

Wave to the newbies.