Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #1  

Question Everytime I eat red meat I gain weight like a sugar horde.

What's going on? I'm on a low carb-high protein diet, I exercise everyday (3 miles beach walk & Zumba 1 hour), and I drink loads of water. I also have been making sure I get plenty of sleep. My weight loss is pretty steady 1-1.5lbs per week (sometimes more) even when I have a glass or two of wine. The problems begin every time I eat red meat. My husband is an avid hunter so the red meat I eat is very lean (deer, elk, etc). I did not have red meat growing up, we usually had rabbit & veggies, loads of potatoes, occasionally we would have goat or lamb (but very infrequently).
I just don't understand what's going on. If I eat 4 oz venison steak with a salad or veggies, I will wake up the next morning with a 2-3 lb weight gain. You would think I'd eaten the entire pastry isle (which I very rarely have). How is this happening? What's wrong with me??
Mable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8

Don't fret,its probably just water weight.
I think red meat is naturally more salty than fish or chicken.

Last edited by Tohisha77; 11-13-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Tohisha77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #3  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

It might not just be the meat, it could be how its prepared too. The enzymes from different meats react with our bodies differently AND it is common for our bodies to have high days and low days in terms of weight. As long as you are still consistently losing I wouldnt worry about it too much. Good luck!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote