3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Beck Diet Solution (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution-234/)
-   -   Beck Diet For Life/Solution – August 2012 – Support, Discussion, Buddy/Coach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/beck-diet-solution/263885-beck-diet-life-solution-%96-august-2012-%96-support-discussion-buddy-coach.html)

Lexxiss 08-22-2012 08:01 AM

Hi Coaches!

:cheer: Cheering us all on!

Last night we ended up at Whole Foods for dinner. I offered to split a garden burger/sweet potato fries w/mom instead of having my own. credit. I have weighed this morning and have a plan for the day. Work calls very soon so I'm off to make my green smoothie.

gardenerjoy 08-22-2012 09:47 AM

Yay for a 100% OP Tuesday. I've been working for several weeks to get my Tuesdays to work well so I'm very pleased with that.

WI: +0.15 kgs, Exercise: +30 950/1400 minutes for August, Food: 100%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Tazzy: yay for better sleep!

Nature_Girl: glad the bike is working again for you. That should make for some fun exercise.

Elizabeth779: love this: A CALORIE DOES NOT CARE!

Newlifestyle: yay for lots of exercise and an OP day and a hair cut!

maryann: good job figuring out what you need to do for yourself around your work.

Jaye68: changing your Bingo habit from snacks to water is brilliant!

Lexxiss: half of a garden burger and sweet potato fries sounds just perfect. Hope you have a great day at work.

Midnightsun68 08-22-2012 04:04 PM

GardenJoy,
I also brought down one of the Special k Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Meal bars and snacked on that which helped curb any cravings for sweets. I'm down 2 pounds this morning, my goal is to be below 260 before the end of September and down to 240 by my birthday in November.

Tazzy 08-22-2012 04:42 PM

Hi Everyone,

Read my cards, weighed, exercise yesterday was playing with Dexter and dragging him for a walk, Boy when he doesn't want to go he comes to a complete stop and digs in, it's hard to move his 40 pounds then! I had an upset stomach last night so dinner became oatmeal and froot loops of all things. I'm sure it says somewhere on the box that it's a great remedy for that. It was an sponataneous buy when I was in the grocery store and hungry. Big mistake for me. I am giving myself credit for going to a convenience store at lunch today and not buying the treat I thought I needed. Came back to my desk and ate my plums instead.

Dinner will be BBQ'd ham and some fresh green & yellow beans, beets, swiss chard and carrots from the garden. :carrot:

Just got the fall/winter schedule for the Sunday Zumba classes so need to get registered for those as well. I've missed it over the summer. :exercise:

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Midnightsun68 08-23-2012 01:42 AM

Coaches,
This is Jaye68, I decided to change my user name to something a bit more Alaskan :D I weighed myself this morning and I am down 2 pounds! I have stayed OP today and read my Beck workbook and also my reasons for wanting to lose weight, I need to find my cards as I have temporarily misplaced them. This evening while at a friends place I asked her if she could measure my waist and I found out that I have gone from a 54 Inch waist to a 50 Inch waist!!! :carrot: I had been wondering for awhile why my pants keep trying to fall off :dizzy: well now I know!
I have also decided that I am going to get a puppy, my friends brother breeds dogs and he has a litter of Springer Spaniel Labrador Retriever crosses right now (it was an intentional breeding) and I really want one. I don't want to go thru another winter without a dog, by having a dog it gives me reason to get outside when it is -30 degrees below zero! It gets me walking several times a day EVERY day.

Tomorrow's challenge will be getting thru a birthday party with cake and ice cream without over eating. I am planning to allow myself to have a small piece of cake and ONE scoop of ice cream.

Newlifestyle 08-23-2012 07:05 AM

Good morning coaches.
It is so funny how much better I feel after getting a good night's sleep. I have had busy days this week, catching up with old friends I had been neglecting over the years. None of this included food. Very strange for me, as I have avoided these friends because when we got together it was always a food/alcohol fest. I think we are defining new relationships that are not centered around food.
I walked again yesterday for over two hours, I slept like a baby. I have been eating well all week and walking a lot. I think bringing my own lunch and snacks with me have helped.
The weather is getting cooler and that allows me to be comfortable while I am out walking.
Hello to everyone and have a great week.
Take Care
Ann

TeachMe 08-23-2012 07:12 AM

Finished 2weeks OP. my 1st diet choice is alternate day fasting, which I have committed to trying for 8 weeks. If I'm not happy with it I'll go back to WW, which has worked reasonably well for me when I didn't play around with the points too much! Am down 5 pounds, but I was down 5 pounds at the end of the first week, so no loss this week. I had 2 days of 500 cals, 1 moderate day of 1200 and the other 4 were normalish days. I think I averaged 1500-1600 cals a day over the week. So while I think I would lose a bit considering my weight with those calories, I think maybe this week was about evening out the water loss from week one, if that makes sense. If I don't lose anything in week 3 I'll have to think again! But still happy to,keep going.
Have been reading my advantage cards, cycling every other day and reading this site for inspiration. Back to school in just under 2 weeks (I'm a teacher) so I hope to be feeling confident enough about what I'm doing by then. Also sort of hoping it'll be easier as I'll be busy as can be by then.

gardenerjoy 08-23-2012 10:21 AM

I exercised, had a 100% OP day, and wrote -- all in a day which featured several hours of general ickiness. I'm grateful that my routines and regimes and habits kick in to make all of that possible. I've been reading The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg -- an excellent companion to the kinds of things we talk about with Beck.

WI: -0.15 kgs, Exercise: +25 975/1400 minutes for August, Food: 100%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Jaye (Midnightsun68): I like your new user name -- it goes nicely with your avatar! I love the idea of a dog to promote a walking habit.

Tazzy: good luck wrestling with Dexter. There must be some strength training benefit there.

Ann (Newlifestyle): I'm so glad your sleep has improved along with everything else. Cool that redeveloping friendships has changed the food culture surrounding them.

Welcome, TeachMe! It sounds like you're off to a great start! Posting here daily really helps me keep on track even when I'm too busy to write more than a couple of lines about my day as a report to my coaches.

Lexxiss 08-23-2012 10:35 AM

Hi Coaches!

My step onto the scale this morning reflected my week of fluxuations between great/good OP eating AND several other generally accepted poor choices. credit for facing my # daily. Fortunately I have tools to correct my path of choice. I've had my green smoothie and am working hard at home *hoping* we can go try a new restaurant tonight which offers a vegan meal on Thursday.

TeachMe, :welcome2: agreeing w/gardenerjoy...it sounds like you are off to a great start. Which of Dr. Beck's books are you using for guidance?

:wave: everyone else!

Tazzy 08-23-2012 11:01 AM

Hi Everyone!

Pretty good day yesterday, one unplanned snack and that was adding peanut butter to my apple in the afternoon. Exercise was an impromptu walk with Dexter at 9:40pm when he still had a lot of energy to burn before bed. At least he's bigger and barks loudly so I feel safer walking with him alone in the dark. He's quite brave until he hears the coyotes and then he's ready to go home.

Weighed, read ARC, ate slowly & mindfully. I'm going out for lunch today and we have not yet decided where to go. Hoping the one food truck I really want to try is close by, of course it was around the corner yesterday!

Lexxiss Good job facing the scale, I always try to remember it's only a number and as I have said before (can't remember where I saw this the first time) the scale is the most convenient way to measure our progress but not the most accurate.

Gardenerjoy Credit for an OP day!

Welcome TeachMe

Newlifestyle I can so relate to getting a good nights sleep. 4 nights now with Dexter sleeping through, we are really hoping its his new trend and not just a fad. I have a couple friends who I meet and it's always over food, one just had the lap-band procedure so our next get together will be an event at the zoo, there will be food but it's not the focus!

MidnightSun68 Like the new name. Our puppy Dexter is almost 5 months old, I could not believe how much work he was at night for the first month. The last time I had a puppy in the house was 14 years ago, how quickly one forgets and how much more energy I had way back then. The other puppy, Taz (where my user name comes from :)) was a bichon shih-tzu, he was really small in comparison to Dexter. We were told a bigger dog needs lots of exercise all the time and it's really true. It's keeping all 3 of us in the house more active than before and for that I am happy.

maryann Credit for a good start to the new school year.

Elizabeth779
Quote:

Soooooooooooo NEW response card: "IT IS NOT OKAY TO EAT UNPLANNED FOOD BECAUSE YOU ARE TIRED, OVERWORKED, OR OVERWHELMED. A CALORIE DOES NOT CARE!"
Thanks for the reminder, this is so true for me and I need to add it to my new cards.

:wave: to everyone else on the board!

Nature Girl 08-23-2012 11:57 AM

Finally got on my bike yesterday - the day before when I promised to go after I posted my friend called for a shopping trip; what could I say? At least I spent 3-4 hours on my feet, even if it wasn't aerobic. Yesterday's bike ride felt great, and was on another beautiful trail in an area I am going to get to explore quite a bit.
Made a plan yesterday and when I had to switch it due to a meeting going long, etc I made OP exchanges so that felt good.
I'm feeling like my food is going really well right now...I was going to say hope I can keep that up, but in this case I don't like the word hope--it sounds kind of weak. It is up to me to keep up my healthy eating plan and actions--hope makes it sound like I'm a victim of circumstances or external forces. So here is that statement reworded:
"I am doing a great job staying on a healthy eating plan right now, and I intend to continue even when things change a lot in the next few weeks and there are a lot of challenges. I am strong and I can do this!"
Leaving this afternoon for a camping trip in my trailer--it's a women only thing about 80 miles away. I have a shopping list for OP meals, with a plan for the potlucks and possibly a planned in treat. Better to plan than to get a craving or feel needy and eat your way through a bunch of stuff. My bike will go along...I like biking in new areas.
Tazzy - sounds like you are really working the plan right now--good for you!
Lexxiss - credit for daily scale visits - I just can't do that yet.
Gardenerjoy-the Trifecta even with ickiness--tons of credit!!
TeachMe- welcome!
Newlifestyle- in my experience it's the walking (or other exercise) that puts you to sleep...so it has multiple benefits
MidnightSun68- a new puppy-I'm so jealous! But with three dogs and two cats, we are at max right now.

No reports until Sun eve or Monday when I'm back from my adventure. But I will be writing them in my head to keep myself on track--thanks for being there even in my imagination!

onebyone 08-23-2012 02:14 PM

another week

Hi Coaches

*credit* weighed in and saw a drop from yesterday's 253.5 to 252.3 this morning. It's all good. I am happiest when the scale moves down, even if I am doing the "two pound step dance" back and forth, back and forth, this month.

I'm avoiding the work of re-creating my foodplan. I am still up to my ears in work, still finishing up paitigns for the tea room. I have 9 "filler" paintings to do to take my display from "good" to great. I want members of the guilds to see that the space in the tea room and in the main gallery of this place, where I have more complicated paintings this month alongwith another member who does sculpture, are valuable spaces that can be fun. If some of my work sells too then that will cement it. But I never think anything will ever sell - even though I am a professional artist - but you can't make people buy anything and not only that, as soon as I think I have figured out my audience and what they want to buy, it changes. You just have to work to please yourself and let it all go.

See? Already off topic. Back to my foodplan. I can't re-join WW yet. I'll have to wait until the first week of September to do that. I am missing that structure but I know how to do it and what to do. Really, I need to write things down and make a committment on paper. I did join the biggest loser challenge. Not sure what that is except it is exercie challenges and I think that could be really really good for me. I'm willing to try.

I have a month until I go to Ottawa to do our performance art piece on the sidewalk from 7am to 7pm (!) and it'd be ret to be 10lbs less. FANTASTIC actually. I need to focus on those results and make them my reality.

Have a great day Becksters.

:welcome: TeachMe. Glad you've joined us.

Midnightsun68 08-24-2012 02:48 AM

Hi Coaches
Credit me for only having 1 piece of birthday cake and 1 small scoop of ice cream like I planned and also only having 2 small glasses of lemonade. I weighed this morning and was up a pound, I seem to be the up and down dance right now. Today was an OP day. I got to see the puppies tonight and have decided on a male and have named him Yukon, he is chocolate brown with white on his chest and on the tips of his toes, he is a Springer Spaniel, Labrador Retriever Cross and is sooooo sweet, he is 4 weeks old right now as he is just starting to open his eyes. As soon as I can post pictures I will put them in my profile.
Anyways I have a busy morning tomorrow so I better get to bed.
Jaye

TeachMe 08-24-2012 09:32 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
Went to bed hungry last night. At first it worried me and made me anxious, but something came over me and said it was okay. I have been a consistent night time eater, so the prospect of getting beyond that is quite exciting!

Today is an eating day for me, but I am sitting down and keeping track of what I eat. And even though I made Swedish Coffee Bread this morning I did give a big chunk to our lovely neighbour so it'll be gone by tomorrow's fasting day.

Feeling grateful. Or maybe proud, which is one of the things on my advantage list. Love the thought that a calorie does not care! I'm interested in the posts about puppies because my son is desperate for one! But not till we finish the house extension I say!

gardenerjoy 08-24-2012 09:59 AM

I had a weird energies in my day yesterday and my eating slipped.

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that a friend from high school is in hospice care due to a rare form of prostate cancer -- we think the end is near for him. Yesterday, a cousin had knee replacement surgery and something went wrong at the end, now she's on life-support and in a medical-induced coma. We won't know until later today how she's going to do. While that was all processing, I got an email from one of my book club friends that she wouldn't be with us at our meeting last night because her mother was in the hospital with heart issues.

It occurs to me that I might be better off emotionally as well as other ways if I made my food plan bedrock on those sorts of days instead of letting it slip out from under me.

WI: +0.25kgs, Exercise: +0 975/1400 minutes for August, Food: 70%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

Nature_Girl: LOL at us all being present in your imagination for the long weekend. That happens for me, too, and it's so helpful to have my personal posse of coaches along everywhere I go!

TeachMe: terrific that you're adjusting to your new food plan.

Jaye (Midnightsun68): sounds like a wonderful puppy -- I like the name Yukon!

onebyone: I did the Biggest Loser challenge here on 3FC one summer and found it really motivating and fun.

Tazzy: Cool that Dexter means getting to take walks after dark.

Lexxiss: hope your home projects went well and you got to try the vegan meal.