Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #1  
Ready for a change!

S/C/G: S/C/G: 277/277/150

Height: 5'8"

Default How does this work?

Hey guys,

So I've been on 3FC for awhile but I realized I need to fix my diet. Its easier to get the exercise in but I've really been struggling with the diet part. I've heard great reviews about the Beck Diet and I have the books on hold at the library - which I'll pick up AFTER I'm done my finals!

So I was just wondering if any of you can just give me a quick overview of what the Beck Diet entails and how have all of you been doing on it?

Thanks a bunch!
love114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

lov114, I am so glad you found us.

I am not sure what you are asking about how this works, but you have the books on hold, so that will give you the complete picture of the Beck methodology. It is about behavior, not a specific diet, and it *does work if you *do it. It is fool-proof if you *do it. I am apparently being a *fool right now. *sigh.

We serve here as online coaches, buddies, as outlined in the monthly thread by our own fearless leader, BillBlueEyes. Whether you just read and don't post ( I hate that term "lurk") or whether you jump right in and get to know us and we get to know you, which I recommend... you will get the hang of it in no time.

Hope you join us!
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #3  
Ready for a change!

I guess what I'm wondering is, what does this lifestyle change entail? I know I'll find out all this from the book, but having to wait until after the 19th since I don't want to be distracted from finals and studying is kinda making me real curious hahaha!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default cjhime in here, fellow Beckies...

I would call Beck methodology a blueprint for success. It really is what Dr. Judith Beck claims it to be..a way to train your brain to .....she says "think" like a thin person, but I think it is more accurate to say how to train yourself to "act" like a thin person. She lays out the methods/behaviors to be able to plan, do, act..and resist temptation. She covers *everything..from how to say no to food pushers to how to get right back on track after you blow it. She teaches you how to talk to yourself. ..and how to succeed.
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:53 AM   #5  
Ready for a change!

Thanks maryblu! I'm excited about reading Dr. Beck's books now! I love to read (although that's fiction) but I hope I can get into this. I need motivation and a way to get on the right track. I'll definitely be coming on these threads if it goes well with the books!